Reviews for Persona 4: IDBH: Vignettes
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 24 . 12/4/2014
Interesting... I wonder if James has gone down the right path or if he has to grow up. Honestly, I can see a few similarities between James and Dylan which is pretty funny/interesting. Except James is British.

I really hope Teddie doesn't get "disappeared"...

And whose Simone?
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 22 . 5/1/2014
Time travel? Interesting...

Really liked the song parodies because they show how delightfully amusing/comical that Teddie is. Plus the image of Teddie as a fan of '80s music is hilarious too.
Palladion.x chapter 22 . 4/30/2014
Ok, so I haven't actually read IDBH (Honestly, I have been meaning to for so long, I just don't have the time to invest at the moment. Once I finish my job in August though I will be right on this!) But I decided to check this out, just on a whim. I'm so glad I did, I am a sucker for puns and this was just full of them! I was laughing quite a bit and that was actually just what I needed right now so thank you :)

I'm sure I'll come back and read this again once i'm all caught up on IDBH and i'll enjoy it all over again, and probably even more as i'll know the whole story.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 20 . 4/29/2014
I really like the "But I think if he uses that brain of his" thing because it's a little bit of foreshadowing. Seeing as Adachi does get to use his brain in P4, and not in the "good detective sense" either.

Wonder what Adachi did to get transferred though. Anyway, I like how the vignettes gives extra insight into the characters. Might do a few of those as a side-thing.
Meia42 chapter 18 . 4/16/2014
Things are also very different when it comes to Charles, who's still undergoing "trials" for the Velvet Room. It's likely that this unique mental makeup is the thing most responsible for him being seen to undergo these trials in the first place.

So now, unlike the others, Charles has almost three completely independent thinkers in his own head, which makes his state of mind very interesting to begin with. This whole thing with Siobhan also does explain why his own interactions with his own Persona is unique. I mean, Yukiko has talked with her shadow before, but never both the shadow and persona at once, because that would be impossible given how things work.

These last two, coupled with the Chie/Yosuke vignette, were really great. I still love your idea of Chie/Yosuke. :)
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 19 . 4/10/2014
Thanks for the recommendation/plug!

Just to say, I really like how Mina/Minako has gelled with the Investigation Team. And yeah, it's funny that Yosuke doesn't do very much resembling work in P4/P4TG
Ari Oldbag Moriarty chapter 15 . 4/7/2014
This is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite thing that you have ever written.
Ari Oldbag Moriarty chapter 12 . 4/7/2014
I really enjoyed this. :) I think the two of them suit each other very well, especially the way you write Minako!
Meia42 chapter 10 . 10/25/2013
I loved all of these, really. Was neat seeing Dojima/Adachi in an incident involving some of the IT before the events of the game, and even the relationship between the two detectives. I loved that the idea of how Yu was was told with him narrating the events to the shrine, to seek some form of forgiveness. Just wow, him suddenly leaping to "I hope he winds up dead" is such a drastic form for little reason, but then again he apparently was a jerk. Was kind of set up just in that he was in a relationship with multiple people, even if it wasn't intimate with any of them. The whole thing certainly makes his transformation more interesting. Would wonder what Minako would think of him if she knew all of this.

The alternate scenes are the big ones here, of course. The first one kind of worked, in that it would probably take something for Yukiko to realize how unhealthy her anger at Yu was getting, but to flip out to that degree is kind of ooc. When you find yourself having another character(Yosuke in this case) actually calling out someone as ooc, you're probably correct in cutting it outright. Still, can see a scene like this actually happening which is the event that proceeds the dream Charles/Yukiko have had for years.

The second one I'm happy you cut. Honestly, all of Charles's concerns about being betrayed in a relationship work much better when they're really groundless, which this scene would totally destroy.

The only thing that kind of hurts by having these two scenes cut though is how Yosuke-centric they are, who hasn't really had much of a chance to shine in the story yet. The fight between the two in the second one especially hurts, as it can easily be something that finally snaps Charles from his "pity party" with himself, as it were. Ultimately though, was a good call in cutting them, but hey we still get to see them, thanks to this vignette idea, which is great. :)