Reviews for Persona 4: IDBH: Vignettes
Jeez... I'm sad just thinking about how much Chisato's missed in relation to the lives of both her husband and her daughter. I don't think Dojima's ever recovered from that, and it could have been why his workaholic tendencies started showing up.

Elizabeth's story about why she had to abandon Charles was heart-breaking. Actually, what's Japan's attitude to unwed mothers?

And, on your depiction(s) of Heaven, I'm glad that you did something different to the fluffy clouds and angels stuff.

Plus, no parent wants to outlive their kids.
I was literally crying the whole time I read this. Thanks for taking my request man.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 36 . 7/7
I think my original review for this chapter/Vignette/whatever didn't get through because I logged out or something.

Chisato giving the details on what happened on the night she died was pretty harrowing. Especially considering the impact it had on her family, specifically Dojima. His workaholic tendencies pretty much stemmed from that.

Actually, what's Japan's attitude to unwed mothers?

Also, I quite liked your depiction of Heaven seeing as a lot of people go for the fluffy clouds and angels version. It was unique to Nanako, which was a plus.

And, I'm glad that Nanako's going to be okay.
This is why you don't give Shadows aspirin.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 35 . 12/31/2015
How did Toko end up dying anyway?

Also, I thought that Itomori and Kerry were supposed to have ended things, not patched things up? It just seems like a strange thing to jump to.

Well... I guess that this particular vignette wouldn't have fitted into the rest of Chapter 176 so it works well as a stand-alone thing.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 34 . 8/23/2015
I think Ken is, despite everything that happened to him, quite an innocent kid. After Shinjiro died, I think it would have been a bit of a stretch to say that Ken would have still blamed him for his mother's death though.

Ken and Koromaru really don't get enough love in comparison to the rest of the P3 team really. Funnily enough, Ken has a few "admirers" in P4:AU and his trailer is probably the funniest out of all of them.

I wonder if the rest of the teams in P3 and P4/P4TG were "called" like the Wild Cards were. Could be something worth considering I guess.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 31 . 7/9/2015
Quite liked the reference(s) to Yu's being a Casanova in P4/P4TG, especially as a pretty sizeable portion of people who had Social Links with Yu were female and around his age (Chie, Yukiko, Rise, Naoto, Ai, Yumi, Marie *sort of* and Sayoko).

I think the idea of Yu "having a fling" was quite good as well. Seeing as that's probably what he did/does anyway.

Definitely finding the "vignettes" enjoyable.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 29 . 6/19/2015
I think that losing a pet for whatever reason is a very traumatic experience and you did a good job of relating that experience.

I quite like the fact that Charles has, over the course of IDBH, been part of Dojima's family, but he's found something that he most likely never had before coming to Inaba. Which is actually belonging somewhere.

And yes, some things would be very tough to explain to a child. Death being one of them. Not having that conversation when I have kids.

You also do a very good job at, I dunno what else to call it, putting light and shade in your writing.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 28 . 6/13/2015
While I don't ship Yukiko/Yosuke, I think that it's an interesting idea for a pairing. I pretty much ship Chie/Yosuke because they seem to really suit each other. P4/P4TG's Social Links have a pretty wide range of possibilities, so any pairing is possible. Theoretically speaking.

I quite like the vignettes because they show different sides to people. Which is always a good thing.

Liked the idea of the charm locket to btw.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 27 . 6/12/2015
It's an interesting perspective on Cho and Naoto and how (in-game) Naoto had to disguise her identity.

Definitely like the idea of the vignettes actually.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 26 . 6/9/2015
I think James has had it rough (a bit), but it's not something that he mentions. It's interesting seeing a different side of him really.

Kanji was one of my other favourites in the Investigation Team too. So, there's that.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 24 . 12/4/2014
Interesting... I wonder if James has gone down the right path or if he has to grow up. Honestly, I can see a few similarities between James and Dylan which is pretty funny/interesting. Except James is British.

I really hope Teddie doesn't get "disappeared"...

And whose Simone?
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 22 . 5/1/2014
Time travel? Interesting...

Really liked the song parodies because they show how delightfully amusing/comical that Teddie is. Plus the image of Teddie as a fan of '80s music is hilarious too.
Palladion.x chapter 22 . 4/30/2014
Ok, so I haven't actually read IDBH (Honestly, I have been meaning to for so long, I just don't have the time to invest at the moment. Once I finish my job in August though I will be right on this!) But I decided to check this out, just on a whim. I'm so glad I did, I am a sucker for puns and this was just full of them! I was laughing quite a bit and that was actually just what I needed right now so thank you :)

I'm sure I'll come back and read this again once i'm all caught up on IDBH and i'll enjoy it all over again, and probably even more as i'll know the whole story.
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 20 . 4/29/2014
I really like the "But I think if he uses that brain of his" thing because it's a little bit of foreshadowing. Seeing as Adachi does get to use his brain in P4, and not in the "good detective sense" either.

Wonder what Adachi did to get transferred though. Anyway, I like how the vignettes gives extra insight into the characters. Might do a few of those as a side-thing.