Reviews for Reverberance
TheWhyteRabbyt chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
Oh my... This was wildly good. Very evocative. I could almost feel the painful rush as Shadow broke into each new scene. The flow of it was quite smooth as well. Excellent work!
Blue Phoenix 12 chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Wow, this is amazing! I really enjoyed it! You did a brilliant job of bringing us into the twisted (and apparently altered) mind of Shadow the Hedgehog. I love the transitions between scenes: just subtle enough to highlight the changes, while at the same time abrupt enough to show there are "faults" in the timeline. It really illustrates how Shadow is perceiving the world through broken memory. I admit I was a little confused in the beginning, but I suppose that's the beauty of this piece: we start off just as "disoriented" as the main character. The way you cover the storyline in the games is great too. And the open ending? Perfect.

I also have to thank you for writing this story using virtually flawless grammar. Such attention to language is hard to come by in fanfiction, so I applaud you for the care you've taken in that area. I have pretty high standards when it comes to prose (to give you an idea, I almost resent some of my own stories after reading them years later with a fresh perspective), yet nothing in this piece stood out to me as jarring in that respect. The story flows beautifully, a testament to your excellent writing style.

Overall, a wonderful piece. Thank you for sharing. Well done. ;-)

- Blue Phoenix
Lord Kelvin chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
The world had ended, but nobody told Shadow the next time he woke up.

Exceeds expectations by all means. Except debris. Debris is an awesome word. More awesome than litter.

This story is the definition of a one shot: an idea, developed. It has emotion, a thick plot and beautiful in-character dialogue that you want to read again and again. Leaves you with a tear in the eye. Shadow is to forever forget the good moments in life, reduced to a weapon anyone tenacious enough can exploit. He could live a life forever, but all life gives him is the same nightmare running like a broken record.

It is saddening, and I applaud you for this sensation. Other characters were allowed to take definitive action, reach their goal or die in battle. Shadow, he just experienced the decisions forced upon him.

Makes you wonder, would he have been happier to prevent the exploitation? I think not, and this conclusion is one that will last thanks to your story.

Have a nice, abuse-free day.
Lucy Labrador chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Sorry I didn't review this earlier. I didn't feel worthy enough... it's that good!

I had to read it several times to get it. Not because you're a bad writer, but because you're so good you were able to make a complicated plot that worked. It was so confusing, but once I got it, it all made sense and I realised that this was such a work of genius.

It makes sense and I could accept this as canon. It explains the different answers given throughout SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog. Is Shadow's memory correct? Is he the real Shadow? Was Maria killed by GUN, or was that just a memory inserted by Gerald to make Shadow go berserk? This story says that it could actually be true, since Gerald is able to change his memories.

It also explains his amnesia in Shadow the Hedgehog and why he kept having those few flash backs in SA2. It never showed all of Shadow's life... simply because he didn't remember it. He only remembered the parts that Gerald wanted him to. And you explained this brilliantly.

This story has inspired me to write more about Shadow and incorporate this hypothesis into my own stories. It could well be the answer to all of this confusion that the difference in Shadow's back stories created.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
I enjoyed this fic!
ShinyShiny9 chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Interesting, to say the least. It's quite a trip, and I'm still not quite sure what was going on half the time, but the gist of it is clear enough. Very well-written, and pleasantly eerie. The part with Omega gave me quite a jolt. Thanks for a thought-provoking read!