Reviews for Terminal
This was so absolutely amazing! I've read it like 5 times by now. Please please please write a squeal! :D
fluggerbutter chapter 14 . 8/16/2014
THIS WAS SO SWEET SO NICE i spent way too long reading it frick but i'm glad

exploring candy/turbo is something i've always wanted to do that you have accomplished well! and you actually made me really like taffyta and this whole relationship whoa whoa what
Guest chapter 14 . 6/2/2014
That was the freakin greatest thing of my entire life! should make a sequel.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/2/2014
I hope you can make the sequel now that it's summer. :) can't wait
CyborgCinderella chapter 14 . 5/27/2014
This was amazing! Wow, just wow. Brilliant storyline, every moment was gripping and king candy/turbo was perfect! Can't wait for the sequel, you are a fantastic writer!
CyborgCinderella chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
First chapter review, I'm loving it so far! Excellent descriptive writing and you've kept everyone in character XD
Excited to read the rest!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 3 . 5/3/2014
i knew that creep was bad news
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Love this fanfic, can't wait for the sequel!
Guest chapter 4 . 2/12/2014
Woah, woah, woah! Pump the brakes! How did King Candy regenerate?
Windsett chapter 14 . 1/1/2014
I’ve finally been able to read this fic, and I’m glad I did because it’s great! Please prepare for a typical disjointed rambling review about it:

One thing I really liked in chapter 6 before I forget -
Yes it makes complete sense for Taffyta (for any) of the racers to want to do something on their day off – they’re programmed to never be still for long, and to want a challenge and movement and interaction. And it was just a small line, but it made me think that GCS really would be a depressingly place during the day. In fact maybe it would be better if it was completely empty, because the smattering of homeless characters and what they represent are highlighted; you see them and no-one else and your thoughts will stray to what if that ends up being you. When the Station’s packed with people those problems can be easily covered and silenced and pushed to the back of your mind.

I like how Vanellope’s not completely forgiven Turbo at the end – there’s still mistrust there, and I love how in character she is; she’s not intimated by him, and also how she accepts that Taffyta is going to remain friends with him. For all her faults, Vanellope is a great leader and she really does do her best in her role - that earlier line about her making a decision that no kid should be in a position to is so true, and she’s just standing there thinking while everyone else, like Calhoun and Ralph, just fall silent and wait for her to make a decision – very tough, and very easy to make no decision, and let someone else carry the blame if things go wrong. But Vanellope isn’t one to shy away from such things, and she made the right choices after understandably considering the others.

And Turbo is just the right amount of repentant and very non – repentant at the end; his character is never going to be outright emotional and unguarded, and won’t gush about how sorry he is. Because brutal truth is that he’s not sorry for all of what he’s done. He’s getting there and he really will regret the major things he’s done, but he’s not one to beat himself up too much over something wrong he’s done and agonise over it. Well at least not visibly. And at least not yet.

Anyway, I love the idea of a snapshot being taken of Turbo’s code and putting it in other games as a warning! Like a ‘Wanted Poster’ being put up, so he’ll be recognised if he enters one. Turbo is intelligent and a great coder, but no-one can ever know or anticipate everything, and I bet he’s kicking himself for not anticipating that. And now I’m wondering if he’s tempted to find a way back into Sugar Rush’s code vault to change his code, so that it’s different from what’s been captured on the snapshot? That way he could then enter another game undetected. But then again maybe the snapshot are ‘live’ reflections of what his code currently is, so if it’s altered at the source then it’s automatically relayed to the snapshots everywhere, and a warning is set off. But saying all that, I don’t think Turbo would actually game jump now, despite the temptation that’s still there.

And that’s because he knows there’s someone who genuinely cares about him.

Ah, it was such a lovely build-up of Taffyta admitting that she liked Turbo in the first place and still does like him. And of Turbo not pushing that away, and being brave and accepting it and being all the better for it. Ah, there’s such great power in knowing that just one person likes you and supports you and makes it obvious that they do so. It really is amazing, just how such a seemingly small thing that many take for granted and expect to happen anyway can be the catalyst for huge things. It made Turbo decide to save Sugar Rush, and Taffyta felt how great it feels as well, when Candlehead and Rancis supported her in GCS with her plan to be on show in Sugar Rush even though it hadn’t been fixed yet. And talking of Candlehead ah she’s so lovely, those tea making skills of hers :D

The action based chapters describing the racing are fantastic – just enough description to picture being out there. And I love that sudden flashback of Taffyta remembering when KC talked her through her mistake on the same track in the same situation when they were watching the- video together. Turbo knows how to teach racing techniques, but what sets him apart is that he also knows the power of knowing someone’s motivations and fears. He gets inside their heads and drills down to what emotion is motivating/controlling/scaring them and reads it, understands it and then uses it. In this case it’s for good, because he helps Taffyta to understand that panicking won’t get you far. But Turbo has also used this ability for selfish reasons, like when he gave Ralph the medal and convinced him to convince Vanellope not to race. He’s a subtle master manipulator, and hopefully now he’ll continue to be one in a good way now.

Oh, and I love the end part where Turbo made a slight adjustment to Taffyta’s code so that she would be picked for more races! It’s so much more realistic and honest for Taffyta to not be honest about this with Vanellope straight away. Tafftya’s as flawed and layered as anyone else, and it would be tempting to take advantage of this ability for a while. She may even think she deserves it as a reward for all she’s been through. And it’s like it’s Turbo’s way of thanking Taffyta for her support and friendship – he knows that all she truly wants is to race, just like him, so where’s the wrong in doing something that would make her happy? And it’s not like he’s fixing the races for her to win all the time – he’s just giving her the opportunity to win. And yes Taffyta will tell Vanellope eventually, but why so soon? It will be done and that’s surely the main point, right?

But I can’t help but wonder if this will have any implications in the sequel – if, when Vanellope is finally told, she immediately brushes it aside and forgives Taffyta and everything’s fine again. Or if seeds of doubt will start to grow in Vanellope’s head, like if Taffyta and Turbo can ever really be trusted, and prickles of fear that Turbo’s done other things to the code while he was in the code vault.

But I’m thinking about things too much as usual, and will just have to wait to read the sequel to find out what happens to everyone :)
Fairyhaven13 chapter 14 . 11/17/2013
Awwwww! This was sooo sweet! My heart went squee, like, four times! XD I can't wait for the sequel. I'm guessing that's where Turbo finally gets his own part in the game, fairly, in the end? And maybe mixed with some drama between him and Taffyta when he causes more trouble first and she thinks he betrayed her?
JarrettSoon chapter 14 . 11/12/2013
Great story, and a lovely ending. You did a great job throughout with Taffyta and Turbo's 'relationship'.
Lookin' forward to the sequel!
Dixie Darlin chapter 14 . 11/11/2013
oh my goodness, that just melted my heart. When he hugged her back, I was like "awwwww!" What a lovely ending, and you managed to keep the sap at a believable level for those two. And what's this, a sequel? Nice ;)
Awesomo3000 chapter 14 . 11/11/2013
A very satisfying conclusion to an otherwise brilliant story! Great job, can't wait for the sequel! :D
Guest chapter 14 . 11/11/2013
Great story. And coming from me, a guy who's never been a Taffyta or Turbo fan, that's a really big compliment.
Can't wait for the sequel!