Reviews for Hard Truths
klu chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
This has a lot of positives and I really liked how you wrote Sam's initial knee-reaction was to dismiss the SG-1 personnel because he simply didn't believe that his brother would join the military. But, I was also confused, because I couldn't find a story titled "Destiny" but you said this is the second part in the story. Then I thought maybe (based on the 'next episode' info) this was the sequel to "Life Changes" where Sam was aware Dean was in the military, because Dean called Sam to let him know he was going to be deployed on a classified mission. So, I feel that something here needs to be clarified, and maybe it's not you, it's me. :)

While I did get a huge smile out of the visual of Teal'c in a hat 'exclaiming his love of teddy bears' I also felt that neither Teal'c or anyone else in the group would have thought the moment of informing Dean's family of his MIA status was the proper time for the Jaffa to be wearing such an item and he would more likely have been in either a standard black and Gold Air Force ball cap or his knit cap.

There are a few other things that were a little odd and I just don't know enough about the procedures surrounding a MIA situation (for which I am thankful) but I don't feel that Dean's wealth and assets would have been handed over to Sam and John if he were missing for only a week or so and the term "Last Thursday" was used, so he couldn't have been MIA for more than that. I also think calling him "Major Dean" in this particular sentence was a bit too informal, given the circumstances and he would have been referred to as "Major Winchester".

When Sam had his vision, I loved the interaction between the brothers. I thought you did a great job of both of them having the right amount of confusion ('no, it's MY dream') and still getting them to the point of making it clear that they were really communicating with one another. I thought Dean could have done more in terms of telling Sam a message for SG-1 (in order for them to help him and his team), but then reiterating to his brother to 'stay put on Earth' but either way, I think no matter what was said after 'stay on Earth' Sam was going to be learning a LOT more about what was going with his brother.

Overall, I think this piece is good, but could be built up and fine-tuned just a little more and become great. You have a very strong foundation here and it wouldn't need to be that much longer (maybe only 150-200 words) to build a masterpiece on it.
irezel chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Whoa, whoaaaaa, I waaaaant moooooooreeee!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Type your review here...
dulcinea54 chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
This is great! Next please!?
cutelildragon chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
I heart this fanfiction. I do hope you continue the series.
Alice of Scots chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Eeeeeeeeeeekkkk!
Soooooo excited for more! I love this verse! You rock.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Squeel!