Reviews for Song for the Solo Dancer
purrfus chapter 29 . 2/23/2010
Everything a finale should be.
purrfus chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Saw this on a favorites list and had to dive right in.

The introspection, and the resignation. Great first chapter.
purplehaz97 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
This story was fulfilling in so many ways and was by far a complete enjoyment to read.
krage chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
well written so far,i love the dialoge
Lerrinus chapter 29 . 9/7/2008
*APPLAUSE*

Wonderful writing, brilliant storyline, enjoyable dialogue, believable characters, all CSI characters brought to life in a realistic situation: seeing how each handled stress and viewed Greg from the start of the fic to the end. I liked seeing the various relationships growing and changing: Grissom and Greg, Grissom and Ecklie, Greg and Rilie, etc, well done!

You certainly have a way with words: your way! I laughed out loud several times, I think chapter 20 was one of my favourites!

I love how you described people looking like "an unmade bed" and "dressed in a blender" and the names? Hilarious - Doom, Petit Mort and Avariss, Waldorf Astoria and so many others! :-D

There are simply too many wonderful favourite lines to mention!

Your story was a delight to read, and I look forward to reading more of your brilliant work! *hug*

*adds to faves*
Moo Marie chapter 29 . 4/10/2008
Beautiful final line.

Your story was fun to follow and the character development was very well done. By the end, the characters seemed not to be those of the show, but they fit the story quite nicely.

You have a gift for figurative language. Some of the images you were able to evoke were unparalleled, but at other times, they seemed to outweigh the story itself and steal the focus.

You did a good job with the story coming across as one of hope, even though you, yourself, came across as a bit cynical and obsessed with the Catholic church. The occasional author's aside was actually sort of fun to look for.

Nice demonstration of vocabulary, but at times, it came across as simply that, a demonstration of vocabulary instead of the best word choice to convey the meaning and emotion you wanted to convey.

In the future, you may want to consider making sure statements from a US character are actually from a US point of view. The game would be called Clue and the 2nd floor is only up one flight of stairs. However, the spelling, slang, and attitudes that were non-US lent a distinctive flair to your story.

Overall, the story was well done. Thank you for a very entertaining tale.
DramoSkye chapter 29 . 3/1/2008
Wicked story. I loved how you ended it.
BSGirl chapter 29 . 2/22/2007
Wow, simply amazing work! I love it. You character portrayals are on the mark, and I thouroughly enjoy reading what you wrote. I can't wait to read more about how everyone reacts to Greg's achievement.
frozenscythe chapter 29 . 12/16/2006
Oh! That ending was so not fair. This may be a longshot but is there any intention or thought of a sequel or companion piece to the story? Please?

~ds -
alleycatabra chapter 29 . 9/13/2006
Heyas:) I just finished reading this fanfic, it's a very interesting concept... no not greg quitting and basically B! %h slapping grissom but the concept of a teddy bear and a cat having a point of view, well not so much so for the cat but an inanimate object yeah. Anyhoo liked the story even if it was a tad too verbous for most of the chars in the tv show. I somehow don't picture brass quoting any great philosophers or authors anytime soon, but still it did work for your story. Please tell me there might be a follow up, but this time have someone b! #h slap sara:) Yes i am a strange cookie thank you for noticing:)
tildemarco chapter 8 . 5/3/2006
it's funny, you're style reminds me of Douglas Adams in the Hitchhiker's Guide series. Intelligent and witty, with some amazing dialoge, but at the same time it states the complete obvious, and it's just really funny. i'm sort of envious now : ) i love this story. it's truly amazing. Good luck, can't wait for more.
Stephanie chapter 29 . 4/9/2006
Hello. I started reading this story yesterday evening and didn't start until I had finished it.

I must say of the 3 years I've been reading on this site, your story is by far the 's publish worthy even.

One thing I truly enjoyed was that you didn't just stop with the one-shot.I loved the fact that you went indepth on the killer, and that you dicribed what had caused him to kill. The way you discribed how Greg was treated was an inspiration too.

Well...There isn't much more to say besides give a late congradulations on oyu wedding.

Thanks for the great story,

Steph
Aries Zodiac chapter 11 . 2/17/2006
I'm loving this story- I've read some good CSI authors and I'm saying- you're the best! Can't finish it right now abut I'll be back...Loved the scene with Grissom and Greg in the hall- or rather, the scene just after that. Poor Griss- all the empathy of a dead cockroach. Anyway, this is getting really good!

AZ
daily chapter 29 . 2/7/2006
great fic. i think you are absolute crazy, but that's part of why this fic is so damn good. you have to pay attention to know what the hell is going on but it's great. great work and great mind breakers, you give us something to think about while were readng the chapters. it's very different form the kind of stories that are usually writen for csi, not so light and very profesionally writen. good job, hope you'll make more stories for csi with greg with you're skills! make more!
bookwyrm95 chapter 29 . 2/1/2006
I loved your story, I've come across it on several Favorite Stories on and every time I've read it I loved it a little bit more. Please, please keep writing. Could you please write an epilouge? Put me out of my misery, I so very want to know how the CSI's react to Greg's talent.