Reviews for System Restore
davidsun chapter 6 . 6/27
I really like that jab at the first game by Monobear. Well done with this story! Can't wait to finish it
HopeBagel chapter 26 . 6/23
Gahhhh
You're really good
Please don't kill off Saionji
Fi Suki Saki chapter 26 . 6/17
I'm so glad Hinata doesn't trust her...
And Ibiki is the one who meet Naegi first.
It was a big relief...

please continue...
AnotherStatsGuy chapter 26 . 6/14
So where's the original Byakuya? Facing off against the Imposter?

Ibuki with Naegi. And Hajime with Enoshima. Damn. Knowing what I know about SDR2, I think I can see where this goes. I'm willing to bet the endgame is Hajime x Ibuki, which I'm okay with. She's my 2nd favorite female character after Chiaki, just narrowly edging out Mahiru and Hiyoko at 3 and 4.

Where is Chiaki? Glitching out?

I'm glad you've been continuing this story.
AnotherStatsGuy chapter 25 . 6/6
Well, that was an unexpected turn of events. Having Hinata meet Enoshima. It was really funny to have Hajime attempt to leave though. In all seriousness though, where's Chiaki since Hinata left her? And you haven't made any mention of Ibuki since the Gundam-robot attacked, at least I don't think you have. I doubt she's dead. If there was a dead body, you would have made mention of it by now.

Don't kill Ibuki. I repeat, until no circumstances, should you kill Ibuki. From one ambitious fanfic writer to another, DO NOT KILL IBUKI. It would be a grave mistake. And what's the deal with the Komaeda's theater? Remnants of his data?

One last thing, are the DR: AE cast going to be involved besides Touko? I'd love to see Komaru and the kids show up. Which now that I've mentioned it, I feel like Monaca might just hijack the Imposter for $h*!s and giggles.
archsage328 chapter 25 . 6/6
So Souda gets to commune with Asahina and Kirigiri, but of course he dropped his ID. And now they're getting ready to head to the ruins. Oh, this is going to be awesome! But on the other hand, Enoshima has taken over for Kamukura as far as messing with Hinata's head goes, and unless I'm mistaken, she just referenced Viva la Vida by Coldplay. Great, now I have the urge to go watch the LEGO video by Dylan Woodley again. I don't know whether to thank or admonish you for that, considering it's awesome yet addictive.

All in all, another enjoyable chapter, as well as as to the great build up for the appearance of Naegi and skinny Togami. And yeah, as much as I love the weekly updates, I completely understand your desire to space them out a bit more. In the meantime, I'm just getting more and more pumped up for more of System Restore as well as the upcoming DR anime airing next month. I'm so excited for it all!
Fi Suki Saki chapter 25 . 5/28
Can the imposter even take Enoshima's power?
An AI?!
Is there a change she's lying?
archsage328 chapter 24 . 5/26
Not surprised that Hagakure isn't helping matters much. For one thing, he came VERY close to disclosing the true nature of the island. Leave it to Koizumi to take charge of even Future Foundation members. But is it just me, or is Kamukura...helping Hinata? Come to think of it, he helped get everyone into the castle before too? My guess is that either his interests happen to align with Hinata's for once, he thinks this will alleviate his boredom moreso than fighting on the side of despair (it would make sense, given all his talk about hope so far), revenge against Enoshima for breaking his spirit, a hidden agenda that I haven't been able to figure out yet, or some mix of all that.

Also major props for subverting the expectations of the audience here. The last two chapters have involved introducing two members of the six Hope's Peak survivors at a time, but instead of having the last third show up in this chapter, you have Hajime encounter AI Junko Enoshima. Seriously, this story REALLY knows how to mess with our expectations. Well done!

Once again, you've given us yet another solid chapter, and I'm finding it harder and harder to come up with constructive criticism. I'm getting really excited to find out what happens next! Maybe we'll get to see Mioda meet Naegi and skinny Togami (I blame Owari for that one), or perhaps Kamukura will take over Hinata and have a verbal duel with AI Junko. Or something else altogether! Oh, this is going to be spectacular!
archsage328 chapter 23 . 5/26
Could have sworn I'd reviewed this chapter already...Strange...I even remember typing up a specific section of it. Did it just work for some reason? But I digress.

The Imposter really is a big fan of Togami, aren't they. Kinda said to see Ogami's statue get knocked over, but it makes sense, all things considered. On top of that, Kamukura is REALLY starting to wake up within Hinata's head. If the two start to actually converse with one another, that could be very interesting...as well as dangerous. Meanwhile, Mecha-Tanaka is showing signs of resisting the Imposter, and Kazuichi is unconsciously starting to hold Tanaka in a better light. Considering that's something he never really did in canon, at least not that I could see, it's some very welcome character development, as well as being done in a believable manner. On top of that, Asahina and Kirigiri appear! All that leaves is the original Togami and Naegi! YAHOO! Also, not surprised in the slightest that Kirigiri knew where Kazuichi was hiding. Heck, I wouldn't put it past her to have known where he was right from the get-go.

Probably the closest thing I have to criticism of this chapter is some of the implications of Tanaka's actions as a Remnant of Despair. Tanaka killing of humans, I can see. Especially if they were poachers, circus troupe members, abusive pet owners, etc. But killing animals himself? Unless it was having animals kill one another off, I have a much harder time picturing it, especially considering a certain detail of his in-game execution. Then again, if my memory of what Pseudo-Naegi (as I call the fake Naegi that appears during the last chapter of the game) is correct, members of Ultimate Despair were no strangers to doing things completely against their own natures for the sake of feeling despair, like Owari starving herself. Maybe...Maybe I'm just not thinking dark enough. *sigh* I'm starting to get a bit nervous about writing many of the characters from the second game prior to entering the Neo World Program as far as my own story goes. Hopefully, the upcoming anime will help with my hesitation.

All in all, another great chapter, with some really fascinating character development. Let's hope that this time around, the site accepts my review of this chapter.
icefox425 chapter 24 . 5/23
Whoa whoa whoa, the interaction between Komaeda and Hinata in the Death Room was great, wow.

...Welp, I was not expecting that. Wtf Enoshima, why and how.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 24 . 5/22
This fic beyond my expectation when i read the summary and the first few chapters.

I never thought the Importer would be the villain in here...

But this is getting cooler when he demand the six survivor of the 1st game to appear, and when Nanami was excited about her truth or what she know being revealed if her friends guess right. She was adorable there...

please please continue!

wonder what they think when they meet the real Togami Byakuya later.

And why why why Hinata have to met Enoshima Junko first?!

The voice was all Komaeda's, right?
QueenOfDragons2 chapter 24 . 5/21
...I was NOT expecting her to show up. Especially not like that.
Kamukura is REALLY messing with Hinata's head now. I just hope he doesn't try to do what Komaeda did in the game and play Russian Roulette on the highest difficulty (or the second highest, if you go by NicoB's Council of Voices videos). Since Kamukura hasn't taken him over entirely (though I'm getting the sense that that may be happening in the near future), Hinata may not have inherited his luck...

So Tanaka is resisting the Ultimate Imposter, and Souda is finally starting to have mixed feelings towards the breeder instead of outright dislike. That's some pretty good character development for him. Though yeah, I guess he wouldn't know just yet that Saionji is still alive, though she's definitely not in good shape. And of course Kirigiri knows that Souda was there the whole time, despite him having a much harder time pinning down her and Asahina's location initially. Heck, I would NOT be surprised if we were to learn that Kirigiri knew full well that Naegi, Yamada, and Hagakure were peeping on the girls back in Chapter 3 of the first game. It really fits with her character.

Honestly, I think the closest thing I have to a criticism is just me not knowing what to make of that detail regarding Tanaka's actions as part of Ultimate Despair. Him killing humans, I can see. Him controlling animals to kill other humans, especially poachers, farmers and ranchers, circus members, abusive pet owners, and just about anyone responsible for keeping them in captivity, I can DEFINITELY see. But him killing animals himself? Unless it's him having animals kill one another, I have a harder time picturing it. Then again, Sonia and Nekomaru were members of that same organization, and they're pretty much two of the hardest people from DR2 to see following in Junko's footsteps. Heck, in my opinion (and I have a feeling I'm not alone in this regard) Celes from the first game would have made WAY more sense then either of them. However, as various iterations of Junko (real Junko, AI Junko, that fake Naegi she had appear in the final trial in the second game, etc.) have pointed out, Ultimate Despair isn't really bound by logic, twisted or otherwise. For some members, it may have been that way at the beginning, but I have a feeling it didn't stay that way for most of them. So having members of that organization go entirely against their own personalities, be it Owari starving herself and Komaeda attaching a piece of the embodiment of despair to his body, shouldn't really surprise me as much as it does. I'm getting more and more worried about writing these characters in my own story before they enter the Neo World Program, for I'm not sure I'll have the skill or courage to really go all as far as their descent into madness goes. Maybe DR Togami and the upcoming anime will help me in that regard...

Anyway, another really good chapter. Things are really going nuts on the island, and I have a hunch that we'll be seeing the last two members of the Hope's Peak survivors next chapter. Oh, this is getting to be more and more exciting! YAHOO!
archsage328 chapter 22 . 5/11
It seems like a lot of my favorite DR stories are all updating around the same time lately. Hooray! Definitely feeling inspired to get the next chapter of my own DR story ready for posting.

So Hinata and Nanami are trapped in the fun house, only this time around they've got food. Really enjoying their interactions, though it seems as though a certain presence is communing with Hinata. I'm guessing it's Kamukura. This could end badly. VERY badly. I really hope they both manage to get better soon...No, that's not just the Hinami shipper in me speaking. What are you talking about?

Glad to see that Koizumi and Kuzuryu are beginning to patch things up, but I can't help but wonder if Saionji is going to be receiving some character development in the near future. And here's the beauty of this story: said development doesn't even need to be for the better. It could very well result in her going WAY off the deep end compared to where she is now. But given what we see of Fukawa and Hagakure in Another Episode, it could definitely go either way.

Speaking of which, I can't help but wonder what's going on with Towa City, namely Naegi's sister, the Warriors of Hope, the Hit List Targets, and the Resistance. I hope things have been resolved alright there, but at this point, there's no way of knowing, especially with regards to System Restore. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

When it comes to constructive criticism, I don't really have a whole lot to offer this time around. I wasn't able to read this in a single sitting, so maybe it's just me, but I feel like there were typos the first time around that I didn't see the second time around.

All in all, another welcome chapter, and it appears as though one third of the Hope's Peak survivors have made themselves known to those stuck on Jabberwock Island. Makes me wonder where Asahina, Kirigiri, Togami, and Naegi have wound up, as well as Mioda, Souda, Tanaka, and the Ultimate Imposter. I'm super excited to see everyone meet up. This is going to be incredible!
Darkenning chapter 22 . 5/8
Um ... shouldn't Touko be with Komaru when all this is happening?

Great update aside from that quibble, glad to see this continue, look forward to the next chapter however long it may take.