Reviews for System Restore
RoastedButter chapter 27 . 12/11/2016
I've been waiting for this for a looooooong time.
I thought you abandon it, I glad you didn't.
Just keep it coming.(finally get to see our dear Byakuya and Naegi)
I like how Hajime become protective of Chiaki BTW. And also nice touch on Junko's always-changing personality. :)
FireHero chapter 27 . 12/10/2016
CONTINUEEEEEE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOING ON NEXT! DUDE YOU GOT ME ON THE BRINK OF MY SEAT!
archsage328 chapter 26 . 8/8/2016
Yet again, my expectation are defied. Instead of the last third of the Hope's Peak Survivors, we just get Makoto. But just makes the mystery of Byakuya's whereabouts all the greater. But wow! Makoto and Ibuki's chemistry is incredible! Not only would they make one hell of a comedy duo, it was also really heartwarming when they talked about the serious stuff...And now, for some reason, I can picture Ibuki joining Hina in shipping Makoto and Kyoko. I can also see her getting along very well with Komaru, much to Toko's frustration.

Meanwhile, Hajime is being VERY wise in how he handles AI Junko. Then again, even without Izuru's influence, Hajime has always struck me as being smarter than he gives himself credit for. However, even intelligent people can make stupid decisions. I can only hope that all of the decisions he's made in the Fun House so far don't end up being among the latter in the long run.

Honestly, the only issue I have with this chapter is a technical one. When Makoto is reacting to Ibuki's nicknames, namely Founducination and Makoto-chan, for some reason, he mentally responds to Mako-chan, despite not having been called that just yet. Beyond that, I don't recall any typos.

All in all, another great chapter, and I'm getting pumped up to keep watching more of the new DR anime. Yahoo!
nagitochris chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
Hello, new reader here.
I really like Danganronpa and then I see your fic. It's a pity that Nagito died here, because I like that guy. But it's okay, your idea is fantastic, alternate ending and all. I admit I have only read this one chapter but I'm going to read all chapters. It's well written and I think you depict this fake Togami's character so well. Please keep writing this fic until the end.
davidsun chapter 6 . 6/27/2016
I really like that jab at the first game by Monobear. Well done with this story! Can't wait to finish it
HopeBagel chapter 26 . 6/23/2016
Gahhhh
You're really good
Please don't kill off Saionji
Fi Suki Saki chapter 26 . 6/17/2016
I'm so glad Hinata doesn't trust her...
And Ibiki is the one who meet Naegi first.
It was a big relief...

please continue...
AnotherStatsGuy chapter 26 . 6/14/2016
So where's the original Byakuya? Facing off against the Imposter?

Ibuki with Naegi. And Hajime with Enoshima. Damn. Knowing what I know about SDR2, I think I can see where this goes. I'm willing to bet the endgame is Hajime x Ibuki, which I'm okay with. She's my 2nd favorite female character after Chiaki, just narrowly edging out Mahiru and Hiyoko at 3 and 4.

Where is Chiaki? Glitching out?

I'm glad you've been continuing this story.
AnotherStatsGuy chapter 25 . 6/6/2016
Well, that was an unexpected turn of events. Having Hinata meet Enoshima. It was really funny to have Hajime attempt to leave though. In all seriousness though, where's Chiaki since Hinata left her? And you haven't made any mention of Ibuki since the Gundam-robot attacked, at least I don't think you have. I doubt she's dead. If there was a dead body, you would have made mention of it by now.

Don't kill Ibuki. I repeat, until no circumstances, should you kill Ibuki. From one ambitious fanfic writer to another, DO NOT KILL IBUKI. It would be a grave mistake. And what's the deal with the Komaeda's theater? Remnants of his data?

One last thing, are the DR: AE cast going to be involved besides Touko? I'd love to see Komaru and the kids show up. Which now that I've mentioned it, I feel like Monaca might just hijack the Imposter for $h*!s and giggles.
archsage328 chapter 25 . 6/6/2016
So Souda gets to commune with Asahina and Kirigiri, but of course he dropped his ID. And now they're getting ready to head to the ruins. Oh, this is going to be awesome! But on the other hand, Enoshima has taken over for Kamukura as far as messing with Hinata's head goes, and unless I'm mistaken, she just referenced Viva la Vida by Coldplay. Great, now I have the urge to go watch the LEGO video by Dylan Woodley again. I don't know whether to thank or admonish you for that, considering it's awesome yet addictive.

All in all, another enjoyable chapter, as well as as to the great build up for the appearance of Naegi and skinny Togami. And yeah, as much as I love the weekly updates, I completely understand your desire to space them out a bit more. In the meantime, I'm just getting more and more pumped up for more of System Restore as well as the upcoming DR anime airing next month. I'm so excited for it all!
Fi Suki Saki chapter 25 . 5/28/2016
Can the imposter even take Enoshima's power?
An AI?!
Is there a change she's lying?
archsage328 chapter 24 . 5/26/2016
Not surprised that Hagakure isn't helping matters much. For one thing, he came VERY close to disclosing the true nature of the island. Leave it to Koizumi to take charge of even Future Foundation members. But is it just me, or is Kamukura...helping Hinata? Come to think of it, he helped get everyone into the castle before too? My guess is that either his interests happen to align with Hinata's for once, he thinks this will alleviate his boredom moreso than fighting on the side of despair (it would make sense, given all his talk about hope so far), revenge against Enoshima for breaking his spirit, a hidden agenda that I haven't been able to figure out yet, or some mix of all that.

Also major props for subverting the expectations of the audience here. The last two chapters have involved introducing two members of the six Hope's Peak survivors at a time, but instead of having the last third show up in this chapter, you have Hajime encounter AI Junko Enoshima. Seriously, this story REALLY knows how to mess with our expectations. Well done!

Once again, you've given us yet another solid chapter, and I'm finding it harder and harder to come up with constructive criticism. I'm getting really excited to find out what happens next! Maybe we'll get to see Mioda meet Naegi and skinny Togami (I blame Owari for that one), or perhaps Kamukura will take over Hinata and have a verbal duel with AI Junko. Or something else altogether! Oh, this is going to be spectacular!
archsage328 chapter 23 . 5/26/2016
Could have sworn I'd reviewed this chapter already...Strange...I even remember typing up a specific section of it. Did it just work for some reason? But I digress.

The Imposter really is a big fan of Togami, aren't they. Kinda said to see Ogami's statue get knocked over, but it makes sense, all things considered. On top of that, Kamukura is REALLY starting to wake up within Hinata's head. If the two start to actually converse with one another, that could be very interesting...as well as dangerous. Meanwhile, Mecha-Tanaka is showing signs of resisting the Imposter, and Kazuichi is unconsciously starting to hold Tanaka in a better light. Considering that's something he never really did in canon, at least not that I could see, it's some very welcome character development, as well as being done in a believable manner. On top of that, Asahina and Kirigiri appear! All that leaves is the original Togami and Naegi! YAHOO! Also, not surprised in the slightest that Kirigiri knew where Kazuichi was hiding. Heck, I wouldn't put it past her to have known where he was right from the get-go.

Probably the closest thing I have to criticism of this chapter is some of the implications of Tanaka's actions as a Remnant of Despair. Tanaka killing of humans, I can see. Especially if they were poachers, circus troupe members, abusive pet owners, etc. But killing animals himself? Unless it was having animals kill one another off, I have a much harder time picturing it, especially considering a certain detail of his in-game execution. Then again, if my memory of what Pseudo-Naegi (as I call the fake Naegi that appears during the last chapter of the game) is correct, members of Ultimate Despair were no strangers to doing things completely against their own natures for the sake of feeling despair, like Owari starving herself. Maybe...Maybe I'm just not thinking dark enough. *sigh* I'm starting to get a bit nervous about writing many of the characters from the second game prior to entering the Neo World Program as far as my own story goes. Hopefully, the upcoming anime will help with my hesitation.

All in all, another great chapter, with some really fascinating character development. Let's hope that this time around, the site accepts my review of this chapter.
icefox425 chapter 24 . 5/23/2016
Whoa whoa whoa, the interaction between Komaeda and Hinata in the Death Room was great, wow.

...Welp, I was not expecting that. Wtf Enoshima, why and how.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
This fic beyond my expectation when i read the summary and the first few chapters.

I never thought the Importer would be the villain in here...

But this is getting cooler when he demand the six survivor of the 1st game to appear, and when Nanami was excited about her truth or what she know being revealed if her friends guess right. She was adorable there...

please please continue!

wonder what they think when they meet the real Togami Byakuya later.

And why why why Hinata have to met Enoshima Junko first?!

The voice was all Komaeda's, right?