Reviews for What Happened in New Orleans
DGfleetfox chapter 8 . 12/30/2013
It's interesting, vampires being out, hunted, news media on it - reminds me of True Blood a lot actually. Loving the elejah : )
Bitumz chapter 8 . 12/17/2013
This full circle of absolute perfection deserves WAY more reviews. I read it in one, multi-hour long sitting because I've never read a more original, suspenseful, well flowing Elena/Elijah fic (unless you count Taken, because your level of brilliance and character weaving left the TVD writers looking like amateurs) in my history here.
I have to say that us Elejah shippers are a dying breed but stories like this help me to remember just why I love them as a unit so much. They work so flawlessly together and I must say I ADORE your emotionless Elena. While she still comes across as a heartless b*tch at times, you give her so many more facets and flaws that the show failed to, making her much less one-sided and annoying. And I love...LOVE beyond words...how Elijah simply. cannot. resist.
I almost feel the need to apologize for taking so long to find this fic. Thank you for taking the time to write it and for sharing it with the Elejah-waning world.
It was a pleasure to read.
siberia21 chapter 8 . 10/4/2013
What a poetic ending!:D Sorry I am late! It took some processing. I had to re-read all the chapters and let it work magic on my feelings.

Briliant idea with the journal entries, so cool that unknowingly we have been following the consequences of the story. Fantastic denouement!

This was not a happy ending I would have liked but I didnt expect one and it definitely honoured the tone and style of the story. Brutal, raw, honest and true... the irony and black humour in many situations - leaving a lasting impression. Not completely satisfying ending but it wasnt meant to be (considering there was none lovable character - yeah, I loved them all! - and all the wrongs in the story). Just like Taken (-I still feel like I owe you reviews for that one, as I got to it only after it had been finished, I printed it for my vacation and then with no sleep for two nights I was thinking how wonderful storyteller you are!-) it leaves more questions than one about their future yet it all makes sense, it does have a point and there is a closure (sort of). I wouldnt want it any other way.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for an outstanding story, fast updates and patience with my blabbing. I certainly hope you will write more Elejah in the (near) future.
fairy143 chapter 8 . 10/4/2013
Whoa, amazing story! Especially the twist with Megan-Katherine at the end! Will you write another story about that? Katherine back as a vampire and Julian plotting against Elijah?
Love your style, I read the story in one piece without being able to stop ;)
xx
TVDLover chapter 8 . 10/3/2013
WHAT!? I had understood everything except Megan Fox's journal entries. What does this mean? Katherine's spirit got into this lady's body, and Elijah's second in command, Julian, betrayed him for her?

PM me at HCookie...
Celes chapter 8 . 10/3/2013
Oh my goodness! I did not expect that ending at all! I have been wanting to write something for awhile, but was never quite sure what to say other than, "You are amazing" and "I love you!". I am so enamored of all of your stories and your writing style. You perfectly capture the mannerisms of each character, but also add a realistic depth to each of them. Everything is so beautifully written - characters, story, and all!

And...I love you! Thank you for writing and sharing these stories.
LysCat chapter 7 . 9/29/2013
I am probably one of the worst reviewers ever, as in I tend to lurk...a lot.

This story has captivated me. And I really can't wait to see how it ends, and I'm hoping for a fluffy Elejah ending; though based on your previous chapters, I doubt there will be anything fluffy about it.

I just adored the concept of this, and the journey you took us on.
siberia21 chapter 7 . 9/29/2013
Wow, it was pretty dramatic, I think I held my breath the whole chapter. Yay for Elena impersonating Katherine, I so loved how she had let Elijah know of her identity. And I love you for the "Hello there", it was epic. Somehow it was more vivid through Elijahs eyes, especially the ending, his inner thoughts. Cannot wait for the last chapter. Trust me, if I had to choose between your update and The Originals on Thursday, WHINO is the winner! Thank you, I very much enjoyed.:)
siberia21 chapter 6 . 9/26/2013
OK, it is only fair to you when I admit I am curious about the journal entries, are they just for showing us how the world with vampires looks like for innocent human, why Katherine was able to start the hunt or are they tied in more detail to this story... I know you wont tell me, but I had to mention.:)

"Vampires are people...Were they?" - brilliant ending of that part!

"Well, that must have been a blow to your ego." I enjoy Elenas sarcasm and that it can never affect Elijah quite that way she wants it. He is still very much himself (a little more than the chapter before, again, amazing build up). I know they are still terrible peole but I cannot help and wish them the happy ending :( -starting to worry how you are going to end this!lol)

Anyway, this must be one of the most interesting storylines I have read in EE ff.

THANK YOU!
siberia21 chapter 5 . 9/22/2013
Ah, flashbacks are back! The compelled bar, sounds like fun that Kol would initiate. And then the nostalgia in the morning (Elijah waking up thinking he was back to New Orleans). Loved the thought in the last part, that Kol would have loved it. It somehow feels right and more healthy thinking of his departed loved ones like that.

Amazing build up. Elijah wisely didnot pressure (or even just commented) Elena for the glimpses of humanity - he knows it is comming - but he does notice. He feels. He is protective (Caroline). He is not that shut down, living in his shell. Its all coming to him naturally. Brilliant!

Its twisted, you know. I actually had a tendency to laugh as Elijah poured the wine ("cheap and nasty") down the sink and filled the bottle with blood. And the next moment I am horrified and wondering how I can still feel for the characters (which doesnt change the fact that Katherine is the last one to judge!). I just hope he makes it to his old self before Elena and Caroline succeeed to win him for the vampire switched off life style (which could also be just Elena provoking him)... it could go both ways. There is SO MUCH about this story!:D

Thank you for the chapter, I enjoyed.:)
starbuckfaerie21 chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Sorry it took me so long to get to this chapter. Crazy week, Loved it! Can't wait for more!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
For some reason the ffnet did not add my review as mine though I WAS logged in. Weird. Which gives me the opportunity for another review!lol
You were not kidding when you said we would find no morally upstanding characters here! Even Caroline seems to be... modified. Fascinating that the characters are still in character, just mirroring the darkest side of their world.
Interesting that the violent act (with the children) did it for Elijah to want to live. He was disgusted but "woken up". Loved your portrayal of his mental process.
See, cannot stop thinking about it. Thank you again!:)
Guest chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
Oh, bitter Elijah but somehow functioning. On the edge of falling back to deep depression, still... better in some way. Glimpses of his usual self. Very natural. LOVELY! The conversation in the last part (his drunken morning after) was pure perfection.
Amazing all the things Elena makes him do, even giving his word, she is good at it - makes me wish more and more to see her turn on her emotions.
The dark tone and cruelty of the world you created give me shivers. Impressive!
Thank you for the update.:)
starbuckfaerie21 chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Another awesome chapter! Can't wait for more! I love Elena & Elijah together!
siberia21 chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Yay, another chapter! You really keep me happy this week. Work tomorrow? Who cares? . of your awesome Elejah fic!:D

I have to say it again I LOVE your switched off Elena. She is not that "switched off" is she? She became used to being a vampire and is in complete control, the long time period of being this way made the edges smooth. Which somehow just emhasizes the loss and tragedy of her life...so sad. "Give me your word" - lovely!

Painful memories, beautifully written.

You are so good with action and dramatic situations - they are never exaggerated but always interesting, dramatic, suprising and new (there were plenty in Taken and this chapter reminded me of my favorite parts of it). The scene with the children...horrifying, a different kind of violence... nightmarish. Elijah could have broken Katherines neck (would be interesting to watch her loosing her arrogance being a new vampire) but I am probably glad he didnt - what would he do with her - for all eternity, right? Oh, and Sophie would deserve one (broken neck) too.

Thank you so much, I immensely enjoyed!:)