Reviews for Flower of Ice and Steel
teapearl chapter 15 . 11/23
Lovely letter. The middle scene in the Golden Hall was my favorite part of this chapter: Eowyn's mix of feelings and finally getting more influence in court / her new duties.
teapearl chapter 14 . 11/12
Excellent account of Eowyn's work in Rohan. The transition from her activities to the flashback with Faramir (also weaving in book-verse) and then back to the present was very smooth. Funny songs.
teapearl chapter 13 . 11/7
Great chapter. My favorite was the ending. Eowyn and Eomer's chat started hilariously awkward and fortunately any concerns were quickly resolved.
teapearl chapter 12 . 11/7
I finished your fabulous story but didn't review the each chapter so I'm catching up now.
Liked Eowyn's conversation with the Rohirrim about recovery and her debate with Cynefrid. Linguistic precision... hehe. Excellent description.
Certh chapter 29 . 11/4
I like the description of Emyn Arnen, it was lovely. That last scene was quite beautiful, so calm and serene. A very good ending to a unique story.
Certh chapter 28 . 11/4
Stuck-up and prudish Gondorian ladies... they are always so entertaining to read about. I do wonder who began this particular bit of fanon. And your version of the relationship between Lothiriel and Eomer is so darn complicated I am looking foward to finding out how it finally leads to marriage.
Certh chapter 27 . 11/4
The conversation between Eomer and Eowyn was beautiful. A constipated crow... now that is an entertaining image.
Certh chapter 26 . 11/4
I do like all these discussions between Eowyn and Faramir. And that wealth of information founf in the author's notes is, as always, quite interesting.
Certh chapter 25 . 11/4
Looks like I have some catching up to do. Nice chapter, I especially like the discussion between Faramir and Eowyn near the beginning, where they quite wisely realise that passion alone will not hold their marriage together throughout the years. Looking forward to reading what happens next, what with their being surrounded by fiends posing as friends.
cyetta chapter 17 . 10/9
I love your portrayal of Eowyn and Faramir. This is such a fun story to read.
Boramir chapter 29 . 7/9
A superb story. One of the best I have ever read. WELL DONE!
teapearl chapter 11 . 5/30
I like how you made the book's dialogue work in your version. Eowyn and Faramir's intimacy is well written and the ending is beautiful.
teapearl chapter 10 . 5/30
My favorite parts from this chapter are: the morning after scene, and Eowyn's interactions with the Rohirrim and Merry. It's understandable there'd be opposition to Aragorn becoming King. Gondor rejected other claimants in the past, Aragorn is unknown (not many remember him as Thorongil), and the Stewards have governed the country for nearly a thousand years.
teapearl chapter 9 . 5/22
Brilliant chapter. The celebratory dinner leaves much to be desired. Court intrigue sadly cannot be paused for any event, not even the end of Sauron. It's great Eowyn and Faramir ended the night in a happier state. :-)
teapearl chapter 8 . 5/22
I like your author's notes. Very informative. The first part was vivid and emotional. At least Ivorwen got to say goodbye. The pacing is good. Eowyn and Faramir honestly dealt with the previous night's mishap and their feelings, even though she's unsure, and seamlessly weaves in the book's wall scene.