Reviews for Flower of Ice and Steel
drhabost chapter 29 . 6/4
Really enjoyed this story. I have to say I enjoyed quasi political / legal aspects as well as the usual action and romance, so really standout from that point of view. Would love a sequel tying up the loose ends and continuing to entertains us with a mixture of those elements. Thanks for doing what I don't have the imagination or ability to do myself!
Macceh chapter 29 . 4/10
I recently got to the end of reading this story and I have to say I absolutely loved it! Normally I don't get on with stories written in the first person but this was so beautifully done that I barely noticed. Your descriptions were lovely and your characterisation wonderful! I loved the look at the world after Sauron's fall, all the cleaning up and the politics. I would love to read a sequel to this if you ever felt like writing one! Thank you so much for writing this; I really enjoyed reading it!
Isilme'sStar chapter 29 . 2/22
Ok, OMG! You've just made me log in, reset my password, check my old profile in order to write a review lol... OMG You've made me fall in love with LOTR and E/F fanfics again. You've done such an amazing job at describing in detail the trial and tribulations of war and you've made Eowyn and Faramir act more like "plain people"... I've thoroughly enjoyed your author's notes! You're truly an inspiration! I usually steer away from M stories due to high cheesiness factor but you've made a great story and I'm hooked! Keep up with the good work! :) :)
teapearl chapter 15 . 11/23/2015
Lovely letter. The middle scene in the Golden Hall was my favorite part of this chapter: Eowyn's mix of feelings and finally getting more influence in court / her new duties.
teapearl chapter 14 . 11/12/2015
Excellent account of Eowyn's work in Rohan. The transition from her activities to the flashback with Faramir (also weaving in book-verse) and then back to the present was very smooth. Funny songs.
teapearl chapter 13 . 11/7/2015
Great chapter. My favorite was the ending. Eowyn and Eomer's chat started hilariously awkward and fortunately any concerns were quickly resolved.
teapearl chapter 12 . 11/7/2015
I finished your fabulous story but didn't review the each chapter so I'm catching up now.
Liked Eowyn's conversation with the Rohirrim about recovery and her debate with Cynefrid. Linguistic precision... hehe. Excellent description.
Certh chapter 29 . 11/4/2015
I like the description of Emyn Arnen, it was lovely. That last scene was quite beautiful, so calm and serene. A very good ending to a unique story.
Certh chapter 28 . 11/4/2015
Stuck-up and prudish Gondorian ladies... they are always so entertaining to read about. I do wonder who began this particular bit of fanon. And your version of the relationship between Lothiriel and Eomer is so darn complicated I am looking foward to finding out how it finally leads to marriage.
Certh chapter 27 . 11/4/2015
The conversation between Eomer and Eowyn was beautiful. A constipated crow... now that is an entertaining image.
Certh chapter 26 . 11/4/2015
I do like all these discussions between Eowyn and Faramir. And that wealth of information founf in the author's notes is, as always, quite interesting.
Certh chapter 25 . 11/4/2015
Looks like I have some catching up to do. Nice chapter, I especially like the discussion between Faramir and Eowyn near the beginning, where they quite wisely realise that passion alone will not hold their marriage together throughout the years. Looking forward to reading what happens next, what with their being surrounded by fiends posing as friends.
cyetta chapter 17 . 10/9/2015
I love your portrayal of Eowyn and Faramir. This is such a fun story to read.
Boramir chapter 29 . 7/9/2015
A superb story. One of the best I have ever read. WELL DONE!
teapearl chapter 11 . 5/30/2015
I like how you made the book's dialogue work in your version. Eowyn and Faramir's intimacy is well written and the ending is beautiful.