Reviews for Teeth in the Grass
Teresa274 chapter 18 . 10/9
Hello,
I have read your story a few times since discovering it two years ago but have never reviewed before now. I regret that I am not a better reviewer - it is difficult to explain how stories make me feel without resorting to phrases like, " so good!" or, "love it!", lol - but I shall try.
I so like your particular Eric and Sookie here. Eric is much like a tiger; he may be resting quietly at one moment, but he spring up with great violence or playfulness at any moment. And like all cats, he bursts into purring from time to time too. Your Sookie is very far from being an idiot. You give her a depth and a thoughtfulness that I connect with. And, she is silly sometimes too, which compliments Eric nicely! Her representation in the books always bothered me, and her choices were usually just selfish, at their base. She always struck me as a very immature person, lurching from bad choice to worse choice, too afraid to do what she needed to grow up.
Lastly, I think my favorite scene might surprise you a bit, but it's the one of them in Eric's kitchen, where he is cooking Sookie a steak. A man who knows what to do with a cast iron pan is ungodly hot, imo. I can almost smell it, the way you describe Eric getting that sear just right.
Anyways, thank you for this gorgeous tale. I like to re-read it when I need a little break from real life.
Best wishes to you from North Carolina :-)
aGirlCalledPablo chapter 18 . 9/29
This is the most amazing story. Your writing is an extraordinary example of literary grace. Very poetic. Extremely insightful. I can't tell you how much I appreciate how you remained true to Sookie's character while slowing expanding her insights and ultimately bringing about a beautiful existential evolution in her psyche. You managed to bring much authenticity to a primal Sookie without reducing it to external influence. Beautiful. If you don't write outside of this - you should. And if you do, please point me in that direction.
MsNorthman chapter 6 . 9/18
I'm rereading this awesome story. So well written!
I enjoy your expressive way of writing as though I am reading poetry . Especially, writing about Sookie and Eric ,and how they feel about each other.
dbunnycanada chapter 18 . 7/28
wonderful story - I know it's been a long time coming but, in re-reading I realized how much I appreciate your ability to tell a story - with grace, maturity and really hot sex :) what more could one ask?
Sassyvampmama chapter 18 . 4/21
Thank you for sharing.
howyoudsdoin chapter 15 . 3/11
This is for chapter 14 because I already reviewed back in the day lol:::
I'm rereading this luscious story and forgot how sexy, saucy and sultry this is! Why do you no longer write? I could use some more of this type of love making. so passionately and slow and so sultry to red hot passion that breaks the sound barrier type of loving! Yikes, yahoo, yum LOL, boy do you know what you are doing! Or your husband be putting it down on ya **SNORT** Sorry no disrespect to you I'm just saying tho... love your writting style, miss this style in other stories of the same vein...
Rae
lolli.bolli chapter 1 . 2/22
Whoa, holy shit indeed! Their encounter gave me shivers.
OMG! Anazing story!
drkraez chapter 8 . 2/1
Hehe. Loving this story. Love the closing words of this chapter!
dogtracker55 chapter 18 . 4/29/2016
Just as good the second time! Thanks for the intriguing story told so gently and elegantly. x
dogtracker55 chapter 4 . 4/29/2016
I am re reading this wonderful story again after a year or so and am blown away again at your wonderful imagery. Your words are so powerful, so captivating, like a warm embrace. Thank you for this treat. xx
Gumdrop21 chapter 18 . 1/9/2016
I'm so glad that I found you! I read this story from the beginning to the end and I must say that I absolutely loved it. I'm not a True Blood fan and usually only read SVM material but I must admit that this story is a true love story. I also love that you did not make Eric stupid and kept him strong in his love and Sookie smart. I would love a sequel to this story because the doctor was intriguing and I would love to know more. You are an amazing writer and thank you again for a great story!
MiniLover chapter 18 . 11/8/2015
Wonderful story! I enjoyed it immensely!
MiniLover chapter 17 . 11/8/2015
Well that just created more questions than answers!