Reviews for An Untoward Circumstance
ScaredyKitten chapter 33 . 2/22
Thank you for this chapter, I laughed out loud at poor Mr Darcy stuck in the library with Mr and Mrs Bennett! Brilliant comedy, I had to I back and reread their whole conversation for Mr Darcy's perspective!
Bee chapter 43 . 2/16
Loved it! Just found it and couldn't stop reading. A different spin with such familiar characters and an intriguing plot- well done!
WadeH chapter 43 . 2/5
Brilliant - just brilliant. Very well done. This is one that will stick with me.
Guest chapter 43 . 12/13/2016
Hi, sorry for leaving only one review but wow what a brilliant story that caught me fully by halfway through chapter one. You could almost dislike Mr Darcy in the earlier chapters. You finished too quickly lol I look forward to reading more of your stories, thank you for finishing it xx all the best for Christmas xx
8oclocksleeper chapter 7 . 11/1/2016
"Apparently Lydia's death had shocked the Fordyce's death out of her, and Kitty was grateful." Best line of this chapter! Although still very sad, I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this particular line.
Guest chapter 43 . 10/24/2016
So happy I found your story. I could not put it down. Such an interesting idea. Loved the characters and suspense. Very well done! Thank you for sharing!
Jansfamily4 chapter 38 . 10/12/2016
The handkerchief is the clue isn't it. And instead of Congratulations on your wedding...I will say Happy Anniversary. A little late but you understand. Enjoy England which I am sure you are.
Jansfamily4 chapter 34 . 10/12/2016
Well Kitty just may have made a new friend.
Jansfamily4 chapter 12 . 10/11/2016
HURRAY. I hope this is a good sign.
Jansfamily4 chapter 4 . 10/11/2016
Hurray for Bingley. Well done.
babythor chapter 43 . 9/18/2016
This was wonderful! Your characters were so well-developed, I believed in their laughter, their tears, and their romances. I liked that you allowed your characters room to be wrong, and to be confronted directly and indirectly by their mistakes.

The murder was very well strung. It wasn't obvious from the beginning who it was (Wickham was not the villain! Very rare.), or even from what class the murderer was. I guessed it was Edgar from the moment he was introduced, but still it was a merry chase with plenty of twists and turns. I enjoy a good mystery, except that they are hard to find. Most are either too convoluted to follow or too obvious and I get bored. Even though I guessed Edgar, I didn't always believe it, because you brought forth many good suspects.

This was a great read. I loved every one of the romances. I want to live in a world where Charlotte finds happiness with Colonel Fitzwilliam.
babythor chapter 35 . 9/18/2016
I just want to note that I loved the Hamlet theme this chapter.
csad21 chapter 43 . 9/15/2016
This is a very enjoyable story, I liked reading it. :)

But I also would like to say, and hopefully not offend in doing so, that first the summary, and then some part or another in the consequent chapters all led me to have expectations that turned out to be very different from what it actually is.

For example, from the summary, I expected the Netherfield party to be primary suspects and much of the fic being devoted to their struggles to prove their innocence.

In some chapters early on there was Kitty and Lizzy, and later Mary, I think, basically swearing to investigate themselves and finding the murderer. In fact, Kitty was thinking about how to recruit Lizzy to her case. And yet, nothing came of it, and it was a bit disappointing that this particular thread was not followed. I guess I expected some sort of regency detective story or something, with Lizzy, Mary and Kitty being the ones to find the murderer through determined effort when the men couldn't.

And then Wickham was put forth as a suspect and I jumped to the conclusion he'd be the murderer and Darcy and Elizabeth would have to overcome the obstacle of Darcy never having warned Meryton of Wickham's character or some such. Though that particular assumption I'm rather glad did not come to be. It's nice to have a different evil character for once. And one so unexpected at that!

All that is not to say I didn't come to enjoy your storyline in the end. In fact, I especially loved some parts, such as Darcy's accidental eavesdropping resulting in mortification (but fun!), and the more sad intentional eavesdropping resulting in broken heart. Lovely too was Georgiana practically blooming in the few days they stayed with the Bennets. Also loved the Gardiners' and Kitty's unveiling of the mad murderer, and Kitty's mad dash back to Longbourn. Not to mention the fact that characters such as Mary, Kitty, and Mrs Bennet were given more spotlight than usual and improved and redeemed. Oh, and also Charlotte's sad tale of a side story was nice too.

Basically what I'm saying is, it was not what I expected, but that need not be a bad thing. It was a good story, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for this contribution to the fandom! :)
tululah chapter 43 . 9/9/2016
Thank you for an interesting and intriguing mystery. Truly enjoyable.
CG4me chapter 43 . 9/7/2016
I have really, really enjoyed this enthralling and highly intelligent story. Wonderful characterisation and well thought out dramatic plot. One teeny, tiny thing, we in England don't say "anyways" or "gotten" - but then as you are now living (very near me) in Hertfordshire! you've probably realised that by now! But otherwise practically flawless - I am going to "favourite" the story and "follow" you as writer. It has been such a pleasure to really immerse myself in your writing. Bravo. I would love to read your take on on Kitty, Mary and Charlotte's courtships - Hint, Hint.
1,038 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »