Reviews for Sanctuary
Land of Parchment and Ink chapter 1 . 5/7
I've been going through my favorite stories and I reread this. I honestly don't like the fact that I haven't even given this utterly heart-wrenching story a favorite, and I'm not gonna give you a proper one because, dear God, this story (most especially Fili's chapter) broke my heart and going through this again never failed to make me tear up - ah, who am I kidding, this story of yours keeps on making me cry. The emotions here are just too raw and real, and I really don't know how to properly praise you for it. Thank God for letting me come across a writer like you and a beautifully sad story that you've written. In all honesty, I'm currently writing a one-shot that heavily relies on this story of yours, and I hope it's okay with you (though it will never match the beautiful angst-filled story that is "Sanctuary"). I'm writing this in honor of this story and admittedly, I have accepted this story as canon (because yeah, there's gotta be a reason for Thorin calling out Kili's name instead of Fili's) and - enter the fangirl feels - you've made me fall in love with the golden-haired prince further (THERE, I'VE SAID IT).

Again, this is one of my most favorite story not because it's main focus is Fili, but because this is just so beautifully written - and Thorin's chapter, too, although the only thing I ever wanted to do to him after reading everything is to throttle him - and it simply touched my heart the way it's supposed to. You're really great for pulling this off, and I really love you for that. Good Lord, I can't even give you a proper review. It's been a long time since you've posted this but I just can't give you a good review because of the feelings this story continually gives me.

(And there's still no COMPLETE icon in this story. I wonder if this really is still in progress or you just forgot to put that COMPLETE sign in here. Because, I swear to all that is good in this world, if this story is still in progress then I'm sure that whatever's gonna come after the second chapter will be the same with the first two chapters - heart-wrenching but undeniably beautifully written. That is, if this story's still in progress.)

Thank you for writing this (even if it's from two or a year ago). Keep up the already good work whatever you do, Cockapoo. *salutes*
Beth chapter 2 . 3/30
This story was heartbreaking! Beautifully written, and with such a deep understanding of the characters as you've crafted them.
Teddy chapter 2 . 2/21
Hi! I Know that this story is a bit old (it's 2015 now) but I just wanted to say GREAT JOB! This was so emotional and just so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes and most stories can't do that. Will you be posting another chapter? I vote "yes do another chapter!" Looking forward to it! Great job, once more.
this is beautiful. the writing, the idea everything actually. I love it.
gingerrogers12345 chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
This ... This is what I call beautiful writing ... Just woah I don't even have words ... I never cry in books movies or anything but this made me cry ... It hit really close to home but it was just so amazing ... Thank you for this
Swiss Army Knife chapter 2 . 12/21/2014
This story was painful, but I enjoyed it a lot. I don't usually like the "telling" type of story over the "showing" type of story, but yours was different; it drew me in emotionally and made my heart ache for Fili. It seems like this is all she wrote, so to speak, since there hasn't been an update in awhile, but even without a resolution to this anguished, tangled relationship you created, it's still a worthy read. Thank you for sharing it.
Italian Hobbit chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
*limps from the shadows*

So, I finally read this. I've been really behind.

HOW DARE YOU HURT MY HEART LIKE THIS OH GOD. This is so, so, so painful—it suits the previous chapter very well. You've really weaved a full tale here from childhood to the present day, and everything just falls into place. Thorin... oh, he tried, but he was so, so wrong in how he approached raising Fíli. Oh, how painful.

I love the little anecdotes you threw in here. Each one just killed me a little bit more. By the end I felt just an overwhelming amount of sadness at the thought of a childhood completely lost.

I don't know if Thorin's dream could ever be fulfilled, should the boys by some miracle live through the battle, but I wish it could be that way. I really do.

*heart shatters*
Emily chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
Hey! I guess this was written forever ago and all, but I remembered reading it and loving it and ended up spending about an hour searching through and through for it before eventually finding it in a community. It was just as good as I remembered and totally worth it. Just thought you might like to know.
The little Shireling chapter 2 . 5/31/2014
Wow... Just wow... This is unbelievably amazing! There are no words to describe my love for your stories! You are literally the best author I have read on here! Keep up the fantastic work! :D
Tamara chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
Thank you for this story. Very well written.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
Thank goodness you wrote this second chapter! Reading the first a few months ago was heart wrenching. Very well done
pokeylittlepuppy chapter 2 . 3/3/2014
I love how you played Fili's character out in this story, you made him more real in a sense! There are hardly ever any fics out the that focus solely on my favorite dwarf and you made this one of my favorites. Your hard work definitely paid off!
Hope you update soon!
MercedesAsheSorrel chapter 2 . 3/2/2014
Oh my! Such an intricate, beautifully described, wonderful chapter! The way you described Thorin's thought was amazing! I really loved this chapter! I can't wait to see you are going to bring it all to a close. I'm hoping for a happy (or at least happier) ending for the Durins! When's the next one coming out? Lol Just kidding! Take your time! I know how hectic life can be!
People Person I'm Not chapter 2 . 3/2/2014
This is amazingly written, but gods all, I want to smack Thorin.
fairys have tails chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
I actually dont know how you could write that. Its depressing! But you've written it amazingly well and im gonna read the next chapter now:)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »