Reviews for A Broken Hallelujah
Iza456 chapter 2 . 1/31
I love when I can find stories who can understand the characters they are writing on! I'm really looking forward to reading this!
Tappintoes415 chapter 24 . 1/21
You never cease to amaze me as a writer... the worlds you wrap us readers in... the finesse you have with the characters... the verbiage alone makes me feel lost in the Rizzles universe. Thank you so much for sharing this story... maybe you'll come back... or maybe Jane falling into Maura during your last sentence is a beautifully poetic way for this to end. Anywho... from a big fan of your writing and the show... thanks for taking the time and carving this story out for our enjoyment.
Justrow chapter 24 . 1/7
Just wanted to say you are my favorite author on here. I think I have read everything you have written Rizzles related. I gave up on the actual show a season or two in when it felt like the writers were just baiting us along with stuff but they do live in my head in an alternate universe. I know how writers block can be or even losing interest in writing a particular piece. You have lots of people interested in this story and its ending if knowing that helps. Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 24 . 8/5/2016
Oh I wish you'd finish this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2016
I didn't want to read this since you've discontinued it but I am so glad I did. I think this may be one of my favorite fics on here. I loved your characterization of Maura and Jane in this story, Maura especially. Thank you for writing and sharing!
Anonymous chapter 24 . 4/11/2016
I miss this story. Not hoping to come across like an asshole, I'm just trying to state it like I can. I really kinda miss this story, I mean you can only re-read what's here so many times before it stops feeling fresh. If it never comes off hiatus I'm ok with that though. Hope life is treating you ok, and good luck with your other stories. You're a brilliant writer.
claudeReader chapter 24 . 3/12/2016
...no, not badgering about updates, haha! - I'm sure you'll come back to it when you're ready!

just wanted to say hi...so hi...and that I absolutely love your stories, they're so thoughtful and beautifully imagined, that I genuinely find myself interested in reading more about things that have nothing to do with the plot itself.

I mean, the outcome will always be (hopefully!) JaneMaura eternal love, but what I like even better is the subtlety in the details, because that's how you make your characters believable.

like (in one of your stories set in the 19th century) - of course Maura would have been taught the parables in the Bible growing up, but leave it to her brilliant analytical mind to prefer the one about Ruth and her mother-in-law, which is actually an example of good old moral duty and generosity (not necessarily christian), not of blind faith!

...anyway...thank you for sharing your stories...and I hope 2016 has been treating you well so far!
Jem 4ever chapter 15 . 2/26/2016
Aw! How sweet! :). You know what would be fun to see in future chapters? Maura giving Jane a nickname! I know her mom and brother call her Janie and that Jane calls Maura 'Maur', but I think it would be cool to have Maura pop off with the nickname she's picked for Jane one day as Jane is leaving her house or the morgue or something. And after Jane kinda looks confused, she'd say something like, "You call me Maur, so I thought it would only be nice if I had a nickname for you, too"

Anyway, great chapter and I'm gonna go read more. Woooo!

(P.S. I just took a nap so now I feel wired :))
Jem 4ever chapter 4 . 2/24/2016
Dun, dun, dun…
Jem 4ever chapter 3 . 2/24/2016
Ah, what happened to Tommy? You made it sound like he died or something. :/ great chapter though! :)
Joanna Baird chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
I am just starting and you are 24 in, just wondered if you address how Jane's husband died.
Emilie chapter 24 . 11/21/2015
Really truly beautiful. I am so sad to have come to the end.
MissJaneInTheSun chapter 24 . 11/13/2015
I know that you must have good reasons for abandoning this, but I wanted to let you know that even as it stands, it's a beautiful thing. Your characters are the people that TNT have never let them be but who they are in my head (and, I assume, in the heads of thousands of others who love Rizzles).
This moves at a perfect pace, and everything unfolds so well, with steps forward and little steps backwards.
Even Jo and Bass come alive in your writing like I wish they did in my head.
Thank you.
Guest chapter 24 . 11/8/2015
Please don't abandon this one.
Jupiter chapter 24 . 10/24/2015
Please please please write more of this wonderful story. Your writing is so beautifully and carefully constructed. Great vocabulary and I just couldn't put it down. I just wish there was more, so please complete the story for all of us waiting...