Reviews for A Broken Hallelujah
I didn't want to read this since you've discontinued it but I am so glad I did. I think this may be one of my favorite fics on here. I loved your characterization of Maura and Jane in this story, Maura especially. Thank you for writing and sharing!
Anonymous chapter 24 . 4/11
I miss this story. Not hoping to come across like an asshole, I'm just trying to state it like I can. I really kinda miss this story, I mean you can only re-read what's here so many times before it stops feeling fresh. If it never comes off hiatus I'm ok with that though. Hope life is treating you ok, and good luck with your other stories. You're a brilliant writer.
claudeReader chapter 24 . 3/12
...no, not badgering about updates, haha! - I'm sure you'll come back to it when you're ready!

just wanted to say hi...so hi...and that I absolutely love your stories, they're so thoughtful and beautifully imagined, that I genuinely find myself interested in reading more about things that have nothing to do with the plot itself.

I mean, the outcome will always be (hopefully!) JaneMaura eternal love, but what I like even better is the subtlety in the details, because that's how you make your characters believable.

like (in one of your stories set in the 19th century) - of course Maura would have been taught the parables in the Bible growing up, but leave it to her brilliant analytical mind to prefer the one about Ruth and her mother-in-law, which is actually an example of good old moral duty and generosity (not necessarily christian), not of blind faith!

...anyway...thank you for sharing your stories...and I hope 2016 has been treating you well so far!
Jem 4ever chapter 15 . 2/26
Aw! How sweet! :). You know what would be fun to see in future chapters? Maura giving Jane a nickname! I know her mom and brother call her Janie and that Jane calls Maura 'Maur', but I think it would be cool to have Maura pop off with the nickname she's picked for Jane one day as Jane is leaving her house or the morgue or something. And after Jane kinda looks confused, she'd say something like, "You call me Maur, so I thought it would only be nice if I had a nickname for you, too"

Anyway, great chapter and I'm gonna go read more. Woooo!

(P.S. I just took a nap so now I feel wired :))
Jem 4ever chapter 4 . 2/24
Dun, dun, dun…
Jem 4ever chapter 3 . 2/24
Ah, what happened to Tommy? You made it sound like he died or something. :/ great chapter though! :)
Joanna Baird chapter 2 . 12/29/2015
I am just starting and you are 24 in, just wondered if you address how Jane's husband died.
Emilie chapter 24 . 11/21/2015
Really truly beautiful. I am so sad to have come to the end.
MissJaneInTheSun chapter 24 . 11/13/2015
I know that you must have good reasons for abandoning this, but I wanted to let you know that even as it stands, it's a beautiful thing. Your characters are the people that TNT have never let them be but who they are in my head (and, I assume, in the heads of thousands of others who love Rizzles).
This moves at a perfect pace, and everything unfolds so well, with steps forward and little steps backwards.
Even Jo and Bass come alive in your writing like I wish they did in my head.
Thank you.
Guest chapter 24 . 11/8/2015
Please don't abandon this one.
Jupiter chapter 24 . 10/24/2015
Please please please write more of this wonderful story. Your writing is so beautifully and carefully constructed. Great vocabulary and I just couldn't put it down. I just wish there was more, so please complete the story for all of us waiting...
Anonymous chapter 24 . 10/13/2015
I do hope you finish this story, it is a dear favorite of mine and I really do love it.
Anonymous chapter 24 . 10/6/2015
God I love this story, I really do. The way you've fleshed out these characters is so noteworthy and I just love it. So very much. Dearly hoping this hiatus ends sometime soon because damn I'm getting tired of re-reading the same chapters whenever I have time! :) Love this story, hope it hasn't been abandoned!
Atlantis34 chapter 24 . 10/6/2015
Bonjour, j aime vraiment votre histoire! Je voulait savoir, si une mise a jour etait prevue, ou si l histoire a etait abandonnée! Cordialement
A fan chapter 24 . 10/3/2015
Hey friend, I've been away a while. I've always really enjoyed your stories. Of all of the authors, I feel like (for whatever reason) I share the most in common with you, in terms of background and interest. I've sort of seen in you, or at least thought I was surmising, a self exploration that reminded me of my own - e.g. a journey from a place of my own religious and family socialization to being exposed to the broader world, with all of the concomitant fumbling and excitement that sort of net-less journey entails. Even if that I may not have always felt sure of myself enough to actually enjoy that excitement at the time, I now recognize it as a period marked by great people inviting me to make great discoveries about the type of person I am underneath all of my socialization. Perhaps I am projecting way too much, but it seemed like your writing was, in a way, a mechanism to both explore and try to unify the competing interests in your life. How could you be you and still be the daughter, sister, colleague, friend that people had come to expect you to be. As Stevie Nicks confesses in Landslide, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I built my life around [others]. In some ways, I am really pleased to see you writing less, coming back after my own small hiatus, because in my incomplete and likely flawed understanding of who you are it means that you have less internal or external conflict that you are seeking to resolve through creative work. But of course I am a little sorry for myself and other readers who don't get to enjoy you quite as much as we were lucky enough to do before. Maybe if you ever have time you will think to finish this story as a favor to us? Even if you're not getting as much out of it as you were before? I realize that's a selfish thing to ask, and feel free to turn us down, but if you did choose yes, there'd be a lot of people who'd really appreciate you sharing your talents with us on this story again.