Reviews for Why We Look So Young
Amazing...I loved this...
GoldDragonNinja chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
whoa
Gideoncrawle chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I'll admit that when I saw the title and summary, my first thought was that the contestants would turn out to be vampires, simply because vampires have been done to (un)death in recent years.

Because this is a situation where immortality only means "doesn't age" and not "can't die", I'm a bit surprised that there weren't some suicides along the way during periods where there seemed to be no other way out. In any case, Chris' intention to "go out with a bang" by slaughtering everyone in the final season sounds like the last act of control by a psychopath. With Chris' characterization here, I could well see him killing himself after all the contestants were dead, in order to put himself permanently out of the authorities' reach. That's why so many mass murderers kill themselves at the end of their sprees.

A few years ago, I had a similar story idea (which will probably never see the light of day because I've since cannibalized some of its plot points for other stories) where the original campers were still competing 30 years later and living in isolation because Chris wouldn't release them from their contracts. The main difference from your premise was that the contestants were aging normally and had eventually accepted (however grudgingly) that Total Drama would be their career. Most of the Old Campers had children (with each other, naturally) and there were a couple of grandchildren.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Umm... I also noticed that the contestants didn't age but... if they have taken everlasting life syrum, then they can't be killed, right. Good story overall.
Joe Orsini chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I think that Cody would be 217 years old, Sierra would die at the age of 118, and Chris would die at 80. Please write another story where Cody, leader of the 'Anti-Chris Resistance', to finally find Trent (now 216 years old), make him say 'NINE' nine times, get him and the Resistance on a rocket (course set for the planet Wawanakwa [in the Andromeda galaxy]), and watch as Earth gets totally destroyed in 9 hours, 9 minutes, 9.999 seconds.
Vykktor chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I just have one question. If Chris had a formula to give someone everlasting life, why would he waste it on sealing a bunch of teens into a reality TV show? Just wondering. One would think he'd make a lot more money by just selling the stuff.
GingerTyPerior chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Can you do more?
ellie2498 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
That was heavy. I liked it though, I thought it was very well thought out for being written in two hours!