Reviews for Why We Look So Young
The Frog Ninja chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
[continuation of story]

The members of the resistance went to Foxborough, Massachusetts to come up with a plan to kill Chris; the city was abandoned because the NFL folded 100 years ago.

"Okay," Cody told the others, "we need to find and kill Chris, and lift this 'eternal youth' curse."

They split up into teams of five: one to look for and kill Chris, another to bring back some deceased contestants (by using the DNA of each of them), and a third to make a cure that would lift the curse.

The first group had to split up to cover more ground, but it only took 30 seconds for them to find Chris; they killed him with ease by giving him a headshot with a sniper rifle.

The second group had resurrected the contestants that participated in TD Island, World Tour, Revenge of the Island, and Pahkitew Island successfully; they didn't resurrect the Ridonculous Race contestants because it was an UNOFFICIAL seventh season.

The third team made an antidote that would lift the eternal youth curse once and for all, thanks to Scarlett, and put it in a Gatorade tub that was mixed in with some Gatorade mix (orange flavor [it was her favorite]).

Once everything (and everyone) was ready, they took a drink of the mixture. Suddenly, the group was feeling a tingling sensation going through their bodies; it lasted only 15 seconds.

By the time it faded, they looked at themselves.

"WE'RE BACK TO NORMAL!", yelled Lightning.

"Where are we?", Trent asked.

"Not WHERE, Trent;", Zoey told him, "but WHEN!"

"December 7, 2215!", said Max.

Since Earth was now an unsafe planet to live on, they built a starship that was able to go through the Milky Way's energy barrier without damaging it so that they could find a new home in the Andromeda galaxy.

Sure enough, they found their new home: an unnamed planet that flourished with life, and was a safe to live; they called it Wawanakwa, named after the island where Total Drama seasons 1, 4, and 5 took place before it sank after All-Stars. Its day lasted only 12 hours; the planet's year was only six months. It was the third planet in the unnamed solar system, which they called Muskoka.

Back on Earth, aliens took over the planet by renaming it Tardis, after the 'vehicle' that The Doctor used to travel to other dimensions; Chris would've selected some of them for a Total Drama season, if they weren't 10 feet tall.

[THE END]
(NOTE: TARDIS stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space)
The Sarcasm Master chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
Well...this was certainly a dark interpretation. I've heard of the "characters never age" but this is quite the dark spin on it. Noah dying was sad and this whole narrative was very creepy. Although it doesn't really feel like a one-shot, it works as kind of an out-there "what if" kind of thing. And with the update, this might continue past it? I know following oneshots is weird but I'll probably do that if it's going to continue. Because if this continues? This'll be badass.

Awesome job!
PikaScootaloo chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Oohh, snap.

I gotta say, this is like, my headcanon now. Everyone not aging because of Chris and his sadistic plans, it's such a delightfully refreshing idea, and for some reason, it makes perfect sense for Cody to be the protagonist here.

Oh shit, Noah. D':

This is just fucked up, Chris, putting everyone up to die.

I really love how the survivors are setting up a rebellion, why is this not a full fledged story? I need more of this!

There're a few spelling and grammar errors here and there, but this is still so so amazing, I really want more of this.

Happy Read and Swap!
ChloeRhiannonX chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Why is this a oneshot?! I desperately need the rest of this story, I am so invested in it. I want to see the resistance!
The plot of this is truly amazing. I don't think I've come across something like this in the TD fandom so bravo.
The length could have been longer, though if you are planning on turning this into a full length story, then it is a decent prologue. Also, I do love the video diary format, I would have liked to have had flashbacks to the incidents instead of Cody explaining them, it would have mapped out what had happened a bit better, I think.
You do have a few spelling and grammar mistakes. Nothing over the top, capital letters where they shouldn't be, some sentences not making sense.
The one thing that bothers me, because I am picky as hell, is you said hazel blue eyes, and I'm pretty sure that's not an actual eye colour. Hazel is brown/green eyes and blue is...blue.
Overall I definitely enjoyed this and it is going on my favourites list so should you ever continue, I will be right here to read it :D
Lowland Warrior chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
Chris has finally performed his most evil act, by cursing the contestants with eternal life!

You've captured the desperation very well! As well as the hatred they grew to have for Chris.

Though, Cody doesn't really fit the 'Angry rebellion leader' type. But I'm sure you had your reasons.

All in all, a grim little one-shot worth your time!

:D,
L.W.
MaddieLovesFOB chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
This work right here, Daniel, is actually what made me want to make a fanfiction account. I just love the idea behind it so much (and think I could probably write multiple more stories off of this idea, but it's your's xD) and you just wrote it so well. Last time I read this (believe me, I've read this too many times to count, but have never reviewed it...), the RR characters weren't in it. Adding the RR characters seems like it's already adding more depth to the story. I've always wondered about what the story is behind it, if Chris had a reason or it was just another way to display how much of a d*** he is. Anyway, this story is FABULOUS and I love it so much. Keep writing, bro.

-Maddie
ferguson97 chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Wow, shame this is just a one-shot. This would make a very interesting story.

The overall concept is horrifying: Chris making them stay young forever so they could compete on his show for hundreds of seasons?! Jesus Christ.

At that point, I think death would be preferable. Surprised Cody didn't mention any suicides.

This was very well-written and captivating, so hats off to you!
WIWAP chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Holy...

100 SEASONS? 100 SEASONS? Chris is a sick, sick, SICK bastard. A damn potion to make all of them young forever is sick...and not in the positive sense. Jesus, thinking about it what a sad kinda thing this is. Feel terrible for all of 'em :c

Noah got shot DEAD for speaking the truth. Fuckin' savage. Good on him for not begging for his life, that's respectable. My gosh, all this for a fucking reality TV show? This is a terrible thing to think about, but a great thing to read.

Cody leading the resistance? Huh. Odd choice, doubt he'd be a good leader, but just bc he looks young doesn't mean he hasn't matured! Great fic, my man. Really cool concept to think about.

-Wish I Was A Pirate
musicalBooknerd13 chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Just... Wow. When I decided to read this for R&S, I didn't expect something so... Depressing. This is just sad.
I love the concept of having all of the cast drink an anti-aging serum because Chris tricked them. I already hate Chris, so this just makes it even better.
I would love to see this developed into a series.
That's all for now. Bye!
Applauze chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
Since your Tom oneshot can't be used by me for the Swap, time for me to go to Backup Plan B, which was this oneshot. I've actually read this oneshot several several times and it always impresses me. You literally have no idea how much this makes me fascinated with sci-fi stories and wants me to dig deeper into their depths.

So, Chris gave them a potion that makes them look so young! That's actually kind of evil since it shows that he just wants the money, power and glory that producers/hosts often get when they do shows. Clearly, by Season 50, someone should have noticed and raised at least some kind of concern.

174 Seasons?! It took the world that long to revel the truth. Oh my word. I feel like that the show would be in over time if it survived for that long. And Chris is so evil in this, like poor Noah being shot dead for telling the truth only for him to say that Cody broke up with him. Man, that's harsh.

I see where you added some PI and RR contestants and I still remember the original oneshot without the alterations. I do kinda wish we know what happens next, but the beauty is that sometimes, pieces like this are meant to be left unanswered. It gives the mind the opportunity to wonder what happened and to see how it played out.

Really well done Daniel! I really loved this from you, despite it being an older piece. Now, I want to read you NoCoTo story so badly. Can you please do that one soon? Pretty please with a cupcake and cherries on top?

-Josh
Patrick the Fan chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
I actually read this a couple of years ago, but didn't really give it much thought. But I like how you decided to use the contestants' perpetual youth as you see it on TV as the driving force for this one-shot. But one question, did Chris drink the serum too? Because if he didn't, he'd be dead.
will.am.not chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
Woah! Poor Noah. I actually loved the feel of Cody leading a resistance. To Chris. The thought, yet cool, is kinda funny. Is it bad this fic gave me a little giggle? And also, I like the choices of the final 10 people that are still alive.
Rilakku chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
How dare you make me feel emotion during this fic? :c

But overall this was awesome! Not at all rushed for it being made in under two hours, really wished it was longer cause it was so awesome! 10/10
JojiMC chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
Holy crud. I looked at this story and initially thought that it was really short, and that it wouldn't be filled with much of a storyline. Boy, was I EXTREMELY wrong. I can seriously see this being an epic chapter fic, in case you ever consider it. I liked the twist reference to the TD contracts, not to mention the death threat was a shocker. The season names were a great touch, too! And poor Noah. D: Loved the references to fanon ships- again, a creative idea. Cody, leader of the resistance out of the whole cast? Imagine that! The ending was perfect to cap this story.

And now, for criticisms- not any major ones, though. Some sentences could've used more commas, a common mistake in grammar. Also, I had to suspend my belief a little to think that no one would say a word about how no one would say anything about the casts' lack of aging. Then again, I have to suspend my belief for the genre of this story in general. xP Leshawna's first mention should've been replaced with Owen- maybe you meant to do that, but didn't?

Now that I think about it, this could easily be in an AU where such serums in this story exist and people only care about entertainment, not the "characters" themselves. The first point already places it in one. Overall, I loved the serious creativity put into this one-shot, and it's definitely something I want to read again and again, hence why I Favorited it. Great job. :-)
objectapocalypse chapter 1 . 8/17/2015