Reviews for Season 6
jkh1920 chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Nicely complex and dark like the tv series. Very curious to see where this goes.
reynanuy chapter 22 . 8/25/2014
Despite the constant deathly melodrama, which should have killed pretty much everyone in the fic, and the dilution of dramatic effect among so many characters; I really enjoyed this fic. Particularly the whole Wolf, Ram and Hart side of the equation; with the creation of Vampires, Werewolves and Slayers. One thing that bummed me though was the whole stolen destiny by Angel of Spike, that was totally unnecessary and it diminishes the accomplishments of our hero. Speaking of Angel, I'd loved to see him in more scenes with Faith; I think there is only one in which they actually talk. The civilians/werewolves were also a weak point, we are never really introduced to them and they are discarded without any care some what in the middle. I have to give kudos to how you treated Buffy and Angel though, to me the they were totally in character in this fic, which is not easily done when reuniting them. To sump up: great fic, keep them coming.
SunnyKitten chapter 22 . 2/8/2014
A truly wonderful story. I've read many "next season" stories and love several of them immensely (first of all Taaroko's version) but yours is the most interesting idea-wise and the most true to all the characters involved.

Eh... i've re-read what I wrote and it sounds a bit patronizing. That was not my intention at all, I've just wanted to tell you how impressed I am. Thank you.

(off to read the sequel)
Guest chapter 5 . 11/6/2013
Wat kinda crap about holding illyria with rope even weaken she can still beat the hell out of all of them the story is good though
Oliver Haddo chapter 22 . 10/23/2013
Oh, this is definitely begging for a sequel!

There were enough twists and suspenseful moments that I found myself unexpectedly reading the last 14 chapters of it in one sitting. No glaring spelling or grammar issues that I can recall offhand save for some reoccurring to/too confusion, but it's nothing that couldn't be overlooked in light of the overall quality of the story, however.

Some refreshingly flawed takes on the characters, and not of the "behaving like a saint until they screw up, and then go back to saintliness again" variety that some authors seem to get trapped into. I'm a sucker for both moral grey-area character behavior and the redemption of canonically "bad" characters, and this story had *both* of those elements in spades (and handled both quite well), so I was quite happy with this one. The betrayal of Illyria was a perfect example of that sort of grey-area stuff: you've got characters engaging in an act that is both arguably immoral and has me utterly pissed off at them, but their motives are still totally understandable, within character, and even sympathetic.

Illyria's plotline was both engrossing and rather heartbreaking—it was clear that she really was trying (albeit not very successfully) to integrate herself within the team and get in touch with her sort-of-humanity to some extent, but—save for Connor—everyone seemed to shun her despite her efforts, and when she was killed, they handled it in such a passively callous manner that it was as though their grief for Fred was so strong that it didn't just cloud any memory of Illyria working alongside them in the final battle, but it practically rendered her as nothing but a non-sentient obstacle to them. Which made "And you must find reasons to hate me in order to ease your guilty conscience." hit like a ton of bricks, and likely my favorite line in the whole piece.

All of which is not to say that Illyria was a genuinely "good" sort even after her attempts to change, but it seemed quite clear that there was *so much* potential for her growth there. That's why I can only hope that if this (fingers crossed) gets a sequel, the antagonist that she's being set up as in the final chapter here won't be the full extent of her character arc, as you write the "struggling to figure out humanity and tentatively attempting to understand friendships" version of Illyria (which will always be my favorite sort of take on her character) so very well that it really had me rooting for her, and I think it would be a shame to bring her back only as a stock sort of "vengeful villain", especially as she was only just starting to grasp human concepts like forgiveness before she was betrayed.

Actually, while they'd certainly be highly uncomfortable with each other, the way that you brought Illyria back in the end gives the opportunity for interaction/confrontation between her and Fred, which could be quite interesting. That doesn’t get to happen too often in fics, as it seems like most people either phase out Illyria altogether if they decide to bring back Fred, or have them sharing a body, which makes for a very different sort of relationship.

Lilah was written very well in this. You did a good job of humanizing her without taking away her edge (even post-employment by the Powers), which is what makes her character so fun in the first place. I thought the comment from The Wolf on the nature of her relationship with Angel was particularly insightful—she's never *really* wanted him eliminated, as that would mean no more one-upmanship between them. So it's great to see that even after working for Cordelia, she still manages to play her obfuscatory games with Angel & crew. I can see all sorts of future possibilities for entertaining snark-fests between her and Cordelia over how she handles her new duties, as they're both a master of that particular art.

Theresa was an especially good OC, too; different enough to bring something interesting to the table, but imperfect and non-central enough to keep her outside of the Mary-Sue territory that even enjoyable OCs can so easily fall into. Pretty much everything about her relationship with Lorne is tragic, from the knowledge of her own death, to Lorne's "incompatibility" issue, which I thought was a very interesting take on his character. In the show, he was presented as very kind, but a bit on the shallow/materialistic side when it came to his personal life, and never as someone with any sort of meaningful romantic relationships. Your twist does a nice job of shedding some light on how he arrived at that state... and possibly on why he was always drinking, haha.
Peridot5 chapter 2 . 10/8/2013
Awesome so far. You very good at writing everyone. I loved Illyria's POV. Funny. Glad to see Wes alive…ish…and doing the right thing. Lilah too. Everybody loves a good villain. There's nothing better than well-written fanfic. Keep at it.
chuck chapter 15 . 10/1/2013
Very interesting! It has kept a good narrative, and has me guessing its direction. I am still bent about Illyria, though!

Suggestions (besides bringing back the Blue Meanie):

Wesley can now be Bad Wesley, ie confident, decisive, much more often right than wrong. His troubles have been worked out.
Nina is a bitch, kill her.
Keep doing what you are doing, it is fantastic!
guest chapter 11 . 9/21/2013
very cool chapter but i hope that angel and connor still have that nice and long over due talk about darla coz while angel didnt love her as much as buffy or cordelia i think he still did love her in a way
Chuck chapter 8 . 9/19/2013
1. Fantastic story! Really pulled me in, characters are well done.
2. Please finish this. Not pushing for right now, just one day. Some great writers have started neat stories only to drop them. I don't blame them, as I have no creative writing talent, but it does sadden me. You have a great story going!
3. Please don't kill Illyria. She was my favorite in Angel, and I will never forgive the TV losers who cancelled the show before season 6 could be done. I would have loved to see how they integrated her; the plan I read said they were going to bring Fred back as a separate person, so Illyria would have been a stand-alone character.
4. Again, great story!
guest chapter 7 . 9/17/2013
wow great so far. I like whst you did with angel and kate but i hope it was only as friends seeking comfort. I really hope that connor comes to his senses and he and angel come together as father and son. Now that buffy is here i hope she doesnt like take over and angel doesnt let her push him around. Lets have some spike and angel brother bonding. Cant wait until tomorrow
silverspetz chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Ok, you got me interested. The premise is promising, your characterization is mostly spot on and mechanically your writing is very good. No spelling or grammar errors that I can notice (at least not any that annoy me too much) and you seem able to keep the language varied. Too many writers on this site keep using the same words over and over again or have narrators that cut in constantly.

Some parts I'm less sure of. Like Kate's hate towards Angel as it seems pretty out of character. Or rather it is perfectly IN character but only if you ignore her final development. When she left L.A she seemed to be on pretty good terms with Angel, not really friends but definitely not hating him either.

There are also some OCs I'm not sure I think fit in here yet, but I will keep reading and see where this goes.
guest chapter 2 . 9/13/2013
wow great story so far, i cant wait for more. I hope that when the scoobys and slayers get there angel is kinda angry at them coz they basically abandoned angel when he needed help and it would be a perfect moment if buffy, angel and everyone are all arguing that spike and faith both surpport angel. Also i hope that cordy makes an appearence for some nice scenes with angel and maybe darla with some sweet fa,ily moments with angel and connor, who i am glad is in this story and with angel, coz father and son belong together. Please update soon