Reviews for Saudade
J.F.C chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
It has been a long while since I last read a femslash, and definitely my first time reading a HermionexPenelope. The one-shot was awesomely written, and it has a huge amount of descriptions and word choices that I love. One of the things that I love the most about this one-shot was how you managed to use Hermione's love for books in order to start a crush on Penelope, and still keep her in IC. My favorite part was the end, "The bell chimes again, and Hermione is again out in the snow, alone. She doesn't smell the books again," Those two sentences really shows Hermione's current heartbroken state after seeing her current crush with Percy, and also gives the one-shot a perfect end. In short words, it was a really well done one-shot. ;)
AnnaRavenheart chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
I really adored this story. The beginning and the unique way to describe Hermione's looks were absolutely wonderful. I like how you pay attention not only to her physical description but also to her inner. One more thing, I loved how you emphasized her love towards books. Also, the pairing is very unusual and I have never read anything similar, so that's the plus for you. You managed to write it nicely while keeping Hermione IC.
I love the development of the story, it didn't feel rushed. I also love how you ended the story. It was so sad, yet it added to the story's beauty. The ending sentence was perfect and I think I loved this one the most. I haven't managed to find any mistakes. Definitively keep writing and creating such unique, nicely described stories. I loved it very much. Great job!
Anrheithwyr chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
This was a good read, and also an interesting experience, as I've never read a Hermione/Penelope before. Both Hermione and Penelope were spot on, character-wise, and I can tell you worked really hard on this. (Or maybe you're just an amazing writer? Of course you are.) Your word choice was also very spot on, very accurate overall throughout the story. My favorite line is probably "The bell chimes again, and Hermione is again out in the snow, alone. She doesn't smell the books again." It sort of hits home on your entire message of the story, and is a satisfying ending that also leaves you waiting for more. Good job.
Eternally Seventeen chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Wow. HeartBREAAAAKKK! I am honestly not a huge slash fan but Percy and Penelope getting back together MADE ME SAD, and you managed to do that :( The imagery was beautiful, vivid and outright dancing before my eyes. Impeccable SpAG, beautiful characterisation.
I love the bit about having to smell the books and the way in which Hermione thought about Harry and Ron - so thoughtful, so caring, so...them! She brought them to life without them even being there in this story.
You're a very good writer! Well done!
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
This is very interesting, since I haven't read anything that was Penelope&Hermione before together but I guess that they could work in a scenario like this. Your descriptions are very nice, and your overall writing style includes lots of small details that work together nicely instead of excessive flowery language, so that's always nice to read, :) Your characterizations and input on the actions and thoughts of both Hermione and Penelope were spot on and I liked how you focused more on Hermione since, also, she's one of my favorite characters in the Harry Potter series, and you did a great job with her character. Your word choice was also very good, especially near the end of the fic. The overall idea was captured very nicely, and the idea of the title being named "saudade" was an interesting choice, but it worked very nicely; also, my favorite line throughout this would have to be [The bell chimes again, and Hermione is again out in the snow, alone. She doesn't smell the books again.] It's not overally descriptive, but gets the point across fluently. My only criticism for this story would perhaps be including some input about Penelope's thoughts, but then again, I liked how you stayed consistent throughout the story in the point of view of Hermione, so never mind about that. I can't wait to read more of your work!

xx clara