Reviews for As It Began
Raeshi chapter 27 . 5/21/2017
Great story. I really enjoyed it. I like how you developed Harry and Severus's relationship. I also like how you wrote Draco, hopefully daddy won't be too mad at him.
Anna McNarin chapter 9 . 2/8/2017
How does Harry know the cloaked figure used an invisibility cloak? He has yet to know they exist.
Anna McNarin chapter 8 . 2/8/2017
My only question concerns the spell of blue lines interacting with the cloaked figure. If Disillusioned or under an invisibility spell or cloak, does the spell Snape uses dissolve the enchantment? Because the way you phrased things makes it seem as if the cloaked figure was invisible then suddenly not.
Anna McNarin chapter 7 . 2/8/2017
Giving Nott the "role" of Malfoy, and making Draco more passive, interesting choice. I'm curious if you'll have Nott continue as a strong antagonist.
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 2/8/2017
That was odd, having Hagrid's lines & any praise for James come Snape; far too out of character. Changing Petunia's hair style was a different choice as well, it didn't feel vindictive & hate filled enough to come from someone as nasty as Severus. Petunia's reaction to him seemed subdued, but that depends if you have them as children together. Overall I do like your style so far, it's quick but not lacking in detail. On to the next chapter I go!
Ariana dumbledor chapter 7 . 10/14/2016
I think this chapter was rlly nice.
thewolf74 chapter 27 . 9/24/2016
This was very good. I'm happy that Harry is happy.
woodyt chapter 27 . 7/22/2016
I really found myself smiling towards the end, great story
Pat chapter 27 . 2/20/2016
I've enjoyed this story so much, I took notes as I went, and will definitely be reading the sequels! - But first, a few of my notes:
Will anything come of the fact that Snape heard Harry speak Parseltongue in chapter 2? (Will Harry ever *get* a pet snake?)
Did anyone figure out about Harry dropping coins into the pockets of Ron's used-robe purchase in ch. 5?
Wow, why did Snape actually admit to Harry about hating James (ch. 9)?
And why does HP confide in Snape about his scar hurting (ch. 10)? Their mutual trust seems to have built pretty quickly - maybe Snape was *really* impressed with that snail dissection project. ;)
I was VERY surprised that Dumbledore knew about Harry's mistreatment at the Dursleys (ch. 20) yet let it continue!
Percy was certainly in character as an ambitious yet thoughtless prat (ch. 25, 26).

Looking forward to the next story,
Pat*
OneHellOfAMarshmellow chapter 27 . 2/11/2016
EnchantedUnicorn chapter 27 . 11/19/2015
Very good story - I like how Draco is in Gryffinodor.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 20 . 5/10/2015
B.S.! I'm quite comfortable with Severus having a 'change of heart' towards Harry, as I truly believe that without Bumbledick's manipulative 'back chatter', subtle favoritism of Gryffindor and condescension towards Slytherin, dismissive attitude towards 'hazing' (aka BULLYING, instead labeling it as 'schoolboy *pranks*), and continually goating Severus, using the Marauders as the goad; all of which blinded an otherwise abuse-knowledgeable Sev to Harry's presentation and situation, that this is exactly the Sev we'd have expected. But to place Sev in the position of 'misguided schoolboy' to Stumblemore's 'wise, but uninformed, Elder Statesman', strains the credulity! You forgot that even *you* sent Hagrid to collect 'you know what from vault 713', NOT Severus!
Just had to get that off my chest.
Thanks for writing an otherwise well-done piece of storytelling!
MelJ