Reviews for The Arda Campaign
Chronopaver chapter 35 . 8/23
All I can say is be yourself and allow the characters within to tell their tales. Ignore the small minded people who would attempt to crush someone else's writings and fail to provide something to show for themselves and for those who offer proper criticism take as guidelines and follow those who deem worthy.
Leeb29 chapter 35 . 8/20
I'm enjoying the story and was glad to see that you'd updated. If I have any complaint it's that the Star Wars forces are so much more powerful than the LOTR's forces, it kind of makes the LOTR's forces seem irrelevant. But this is not a fatal flaw for me. If you're not enjoying writing it, then I do wonder why you continue, but I'll keep reading as much as you write.

But...you wouldn't mind breaking up chapters as long as this one into multiple smaller chapters, would you?
Tony Branco chapter 35 . 8/19
More please! :D
chrisclark3555 chapter 35 . 6/25
Very good, superb.

You could have Sauron moving out into the galaxy and threatening Coruscant, leaving Middle Earth in peace. Frodo, or rather Gollum would still destroy the Ring.

What about Palpatine getting wiped out by Sauronic forces and Elessar becoming King of the entire Galactic Republic?

Just my two cents worth
HayFever96 chapter 35 . 6/20
Hello, I have been following this story for some time now. It has been a marvelous experience for me.
I like how you've blended the two universes, almost seamlessly, lol.
You're charactizations of Obi-Wan and Anakin, and the Fellowship have been pretty spot on.
Concerning Grievous his portrayal seemed like it could use some work; he seemed...tamed for lack of a better word compared to his usual ruthlessness in my opinion. Regarding Vica, I must say her appearance and her personality were pretty damn good considering she was a...Sith Acolyte, you said, if I remember right...Boy, her vendetta against Rohan was quite surprising. The part with Sauron and the lesser Ring almost threw me for a loop; it was unexpected.
It entertains me to read your work and discover the surprises you have in store.
Regarding your details of the scenery, the locations, the battles, the horses, the weaponry, the machines, and etcetera; it's been very descriptive, and I am very happy to read a story such as this one with such detail.
It's hard to find good stories with the depth and quality that this one has. I look forward to reading more.

I have questions though:
Will we be seeing more of Dooku and Sidious?
Will any other students of the Sith be making an appearance before this over?
Will Anakin remember his visions in time to change things? His time on Middle-Earth has changed him for sure; he still has doubts in his heart as does any other person; I'm glad to see him being able to realize that he's not as alone as he thinks. (That's always been something that bothered me in the actual story, lol).

By the way, good luck with your endeavors
Peyton chapter 35 . 6/9
I have followed this story ever since I found it. I have stayed with it and think its great. I can tell your drawing towards the final segment of this tale. Stay with it and I'll keep reviewing.
Bellagunn chapter 35 . 5/20
I stumbled across this today and just finished 35 chapters of pure literary gold.

I expected this story to be pure crack (despite the author's disclaimer to the contrary), instead was surprized at the quality and ambition of the storytelling.

There are grammatical errors and spelling errors, so what, it's not like the author has an editor fixing those mistakes (as professional authors make use of), technical issues aside, the story is on par with the source material (some readers may exclaim *blasphemy*!; yes I am a fan of Tolkien and I have read more Star Wars EU than a stick can be shaken at, I know what's what and I would argue that this story beats the pants off of the Jedi Academy series and someone was *paid money* to write that stuff).

There are two main things that stick out (in my mind) about this story, aside from the unlikely but strangely arresting blend of Star Wars and Middle Earth mythos:

1. The author has somehow managed to make written narratives of light saber duels enjoyable to read *without* tons of distracting dialogue.

2. The author has somehow transformed Anakin Skywalker, the brash, rude, obnoxious, whiny, aggressive, selfish, twit with anger management issues, who's relationship with the illustrious former queen cum senator of Naboo that smacks of coercion and deceit in cannon, into someone who is actually worth giving a damn about (aside from questioning how he became the scary badassery that is Darth Vader). Seriously, I have always thought Anakin in cannon was just strange and unhinged, this story develops him as a charter in ways that I *wish* cannon even attempted.

I am eagerly following this now, not because of the novelty but because I want to see how the greater galaxy responds to an Anakin who actually lives up to his potential as a person.

I imagine this Anakin is, in the long run, someone that even long time Ani-hater Mace Windu would embrace.

Kudos!
AnonymousKrytic chapter 35 . 5/19
You my friend are truly brilliant.
Comedy Monarchy chapter 35 . 5/16
Things are clearly moving in both worlds, I do wonder how your going to end the SWs or LOTRs story arcs, but there is more than enough for things to end differently.
Another great chapter, I like how you are able to bring in a lot of detail on Clone Wars for this one. Inevitably the strain on the Republican war effort will push the Jedi on Arda to finish off Sauron quickly.
Yet things are not always as simple as they appear.

Also, I understand what you mean by lack of inspiration, loads of us Fanfic writers get that lot when we feel our work turn into chores, but the level of detail you thrown into this Fanfic crossover as well as the ability to combine both storylines to the point where they influence each other is something to be admired.
Oh yes, ignore the flames, they're just jealous and seek attention.
Again, a great chapter, looking forward to the next one. :-)
Love it!
shurtugalkevin chapter 1 . 5/15
loved the newest addition to the story and love the length of you chapters you are not depressing anyone if anything you are helping me with my depression by giving me a world to escape reality from again brilliant chapter and let the haters hat im sure you have plenty of people who love your work and just don't comment keep it up and keep ur chin up
Enleia chapter 35 . 5/14
Please keep writing this story, it's wonderful! I admire the amount of time and thought you have put into this. It could not have been easy to reconcile two such different worlds into one story so please don't give up now!
Amazingness! Keep writing!
So cool!
Kyer chapter 35 . 5/11
Why would I not enjoy this story? It's an interesting xover.

The only issue I've found that I notice is the use of 'me' rather than 'I' in sentences such as "Sam and me went down to the beach." If you remove 'Sam and' you'll see that it should be "Sam and - I went down to the beach" rather than "me went down..." But that's a common error and with the size of your chapters I'm not surprised you missed them.