Reviews for Shadow of a Doubt
I know this is coming really late for an observation. I was re-reading your stories for the millionth time and I absolutely love your writing. I just noticed, though, something odd: Jazz, Sam and Tucker knew Danny was experimented on by the GIW. He said so himself at the hospital room to his friends in the earlier chapters. Maddie’s involvement with them was also common knowledge as shown in this chapter with Angela’s POV mentioning it casually in the narration; there was even the “red tape ticker than blood” headline earlier. So, how did Sam and Tucker, or Jazz for that matter, not realize Maddie could be involved up until the confrontation at the hospital? Sorry. Just something I found odd while reading everything this time around. Thank you for such a wonderful story!
*incoherent screaming that wakes my neighbors*

Omg. Finally, FINALLY she makes the connection and she gets it WRONG! AAAAAHHHHHH
Maaaaadddieeeeeee come oooooooonnn

So much gorgeous angst!
I WANT TO PUNCH MADDIE FENTON IN THE FACE! OMG ALL THE EVIDENCE IS RIGHT THERE: THE SIMILARITIES BETWEEN PHANTOM AND DANNY, THE MALNOURISHMENT, THE FUCKING *HAND*?! AND SHE STILL DOESNT GET IT?! WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET NOTICED AS A HALFA AROUND HERE?!
Gill chapter 65 . 8/27
Beautiful finish! Great to come back here 2 years later and catch up and finish this fic, what a journey! Best of luck with everything in your life! Thanks for finishing this, to see it all the way through is so satisfying!
AsterofStars chapter 65 . 8/26
This has been an amazing experience to come back and fully finish. I absolutely love this story, and it's definitely on my top 10 written works of all time. Im so thankful I got to read it, and its inspired me to keep going on my own long-ass-probably fic.

-VirgoDragon from ao3
JessySpectre chapter 21 . 8/21
I absolutely love that quote. (Artemis Fowl is the best book series ever.)
The Lord of Chaos chapter 65 . 8/3
Oh my gosh, this was a masterpiece. Just how did you even? You managed to just completely consume me with this.
I just don’t like sams parents hhhh
CONTENTENTAIL DRIFT
Wait Patrick
Wait who’s Alfred Wagner
WHERE DO I KNOW THE NAME WAGNER FROM
Alfred Wagner where do I know that name from hrnnnghg
Wow. That was amazing. I couldn't stop reading for a second, it was beautiful
FlowerFoxWings chapter 65 . 6/28
This. This fanfic was exactly what I was looking for after the events of “Phantom of Truth.” In contrast to the single, unreliable narrator of Maddie in PoT, here you used the perspective of practically every character, which you portrayed masterfully, in that you didn’t need to indicate whose POV it was every time. I loved seeing each character’s slow discovery and reaction to what happened to Danny. It hurt to see Danny try to hide his mental, emotional, and physical problems. It also hurt to see Maddie feel constantly guilty for her actions, yet at the same time I felt slightly conflicted just knowing the sadistic experiments she conducted on her own son. Honestly, at least the first 20 chapters in this made me want to cry, but somehow I avoided tears altogether.

The OCs were absolutely perfect; none were Mary Sue-ish. Shannon wanted to maintain Danny’s trust, despite her strong desire to get him the best care. Similar with Dr. Wagner, although he was pretty close to making a mistake there at the end. I guess just something about Danny invoked others to try to maintain his little trust instead of reporting him. Good thing, too, because I’m certain that early on he would’ve fled asap. He was close to leaving at times, but who would want to leave behind a dog, a warm bed, and some new friends?

Despite practically remembering nothing about Danny Phantom, I was able to follow along your story very well. I connected to the characters and went along the emotional rollercoaster ride. Thank you!
BYoshi1993 chapter 65 . 6/24
This story felt like a marathon that reached a beautiful! I can’t get over how much you made me FEEL during this entire story and it’s prequel! God, I could really truly feel and understand Danny’s horror after getting his hand cut off by his MOM of all people. The recovery afterwards was sooooooo very satisfying. Him stumbling trying to fix himself and having to being to trust again; Tucker being amazing; Sam being amazing; Valerie being amazing. Everything was amazing and I’ll be happy to read anything you publish as a public author! Good luck!
4,069 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »