Reviews for Shadow of a Doubt
idlerobin chapter 19 . 7/20
Another great chapter! I haven't chosen to review any of the previous, as I haven't had anything constructive or useful to say, but please know that I absolutely adore it all so far. What I have to say now isn't of any real use to you either, and it could wait until I finished chapter 20, but I'm ignoring that option in favor of saying it before I forget; your little notes about the going-ons in your life at the end of each update are oddly therapeutic. I enjoy reading them, especially after particularly intense chapters, as it's a nice break from the emotional turmoil you put me through.

I would also like to comment on your spectacular writing. How you have the ability to sit down and type out something so cleverly thought out (and for a fan-fiction, nonetheless) is beyond me, but please know that your efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the time you put into this, and thank you for giving this to us. You're kind of very fantastic.

I hope your summer is treating you well!
Full moon wolf chapter 20 . 7/18
Hey, if your reading this, listen. Go to the story, and look at the chapter selection. When I looked, I saw the chapters, almost, in a sentence. A very confusing sentence, or sentences, but similar to (a) sentence(s) nonetheless. Does that have anything to do with the story itself, was it completely by accident, or was it a little Easter egg the author of this fanfiction put in? Does it give clues to the story? Some hidden meaning? I might be overthinking this, but I feel that this is a reasonable thing to question and inform others of.
HerobrineKingOfTheNether chapter 20 . 7/17
Wow that was tough. And go maddie, take that thought churning, manipulative vlad out of the game! he just wants what he wants and nothing else. And uh oh, or yay? Danny is found by Vlad, but nobody is there to get the actual info...

also: ive seen that Killer Klowns movie. Biggest mistake ever. Little like 8 year old me couldn't take that.
miss koneko chapter 20 . 7/16
I've lost count of the times this story has made me ball my eyes out. This chapter has fortunately given me some hope for their future, thank goodness. I can hold onto that until the next update...phew.
I think I'll sob no matter how this ends, though.
THE FEELS, it is strong with this one!
ShadowInTheDarknes chapter 20 . 7/14
OH MAN, so I started reading this story last week sometime on ao3 and ended up here thanking the heavens that chrome remembered my password for (I don't even know what's on my profile, please don't click on it lol, it's probably all old shit from 2004).

This story is amazing, you're amazing, o.m.g... I wanted to log in to review to let you know that if you ever needed a legal savvy beta reader (since I noticed Sam researching legal rights of ghosts), I'm qualified and more than willing to help out even if you just wanted to bounce ideas of someone. Your story has got me thinking a lot about what if there was established legal history that a ghost had no standing in court, but a person OBVIOUSLY has tons of fundamental legal rights, does someone who's only half human somehow only have half of their fundamental rights? Probably not...but they only present as human half of the time... it's a legal conundrum. I think the gov't would have to have a HUGELY compelling reason to take away rights. Anyway, I digress.

Did I mention you're fabulous. You really do have such a talent for writing. Every time Maddie considered that Phantom was her Danny she would immediately reverse her thinking into doubt and you wrote it so beautifully. And Danny... poor Danny. I can't wait to read more!
Turtledude83 chapter 20 . 7/12
...roughing it?
Zarina3908 chapter 20 . 7/8
I love this whole thing. Still worried that everything is going to to pear-shaped in the near future. Thank goodness that Jack and Maddie are alright, you had me in a panic. I hope the fruit loop stays in that stupid box for awhile. What is digi-Maddie going to do now that Danny has been found? I have so many questions.

But, I am patient. A year of near-constant hiatus on Gravity Falls will do that to a person.

I still love all of the universe that you have created, even if I am terrified for OCs that I promised myself I wouldn't care about because they were in ma-hoo-sive danger. Ever excited for the next installment!
Zarina3908 chapter 19 . 7/8
Oh, you poor thing. Cedar allergies suck, point plank. I have them too, but thankfully Texas is much less coniferous than North Carolina.

I'm still not convinced that this story is looking up in any way. I will not be convinced because of the fact that you still have at least a part three planned.

Also, not convinced that Shannon is not going to be horribly mutilated at the very least. Something has to surr Danny to move on, obviously. That would be the most common thing to do. The only ting that gives me any sort of hope is that you as a writer are very a-typical in the best way possible. This story is going to keep me up tonight.
Zarina3908 chapter 18 . 7/8
Things are looking up, which I feel is a distinct harbinger of doom for all. Even if I pray that things will go right with Jack and Maddie and that Shannon won't die a horrible, tragic death and that Vlad will get knocked down a peg and that Danny will get better and that things will start to go right for once. That would just be way to good for this fic. Everything is about to hit the fan at a colossal speed. downhill all the way. I can just feel it. There has been too much... not 'happy' but something akin to that for the dark tones that this has shown up to this point. like you are leading up to something HUGE blowing up in everybody's face. and I don't like it at all, well I love it, but it give me the absolute butterflies in my stomach.

I wonder if you think there are multiple people on this account. I went from weird sudo-humor to analyzing common ways of structuring plot. There are not. It is just me and my weird personality.
Zarina3908 chapter 17 . 7/8
Now that it has been addressed that she could die it is either more or less likely and I still don't like it.

I now realize that my last few reviews have not included that fact that no matter how much sleep I am not getting, I think that this is freaking awesome and really want to keep going.
Zarina3908 chapter 16 . 7/8
NOW I AM POSITIVE THAT SHANNON THE VERY NICE LADY IS GOING TO HAVE A HORRIBLE FATE IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE. I am worried about every single character and it is currently 12:37 AM in my time zone. I didn't need sleep anyway...
Zarina3908 chapter 15 . 7/8
Ah. Things looking up. The OC lady is going to be either horrifically injured or have something bad happen to her, she's too nice for this piece of fiction.

Not that I want bad things to happen to good characters, just that they usually do. Danny is going to feel even worse after that and bad things will happen.
Zarina3908 chapter 14 . 7/8
Everybody in the whole world is hunting Danny down. Are there going to be any friendly ghosts included in this story? Clockwork, Frostbite, even Wulf. I get it if you aren't, focusing on the human element is commendable, but it might be nice to see them...

You have a plan, don't worry about my ramblings, it was just something I thought.
Zarina3908 chapter 13 . 7/8
I have nothing to say about anything. It's not that it's bad, it's just so good. I don't want to comment on anything just see how everything plays out now.

It sucks about RL, BTW. I hope that you are now doing okay or at least better than at the time this chapter was posted. But, curiosity, how did you burn yourself with garlic?

You don't have to answer. It's not really my business.
Zarina3908 chapter 12 . 7/8
ANd the blame game begins. Hoo boy this is gonna be one tough ride for everyone.
1,445 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »