Reviews for Second Chance
somebody else chapter 1 . 10/5
Your stories are as addictive as girl guide cookies (and trust me, nothing else is that addictive except for maybe cocaine). Seriously :O how do you do it? TELL ME YOUR SECRET
KaelinaLovesLomaris chapter 1 . 9/7
Well, you made me cry, so congrats for that!
And I'm going to imagine a happy ending to this one. They both survive and somehow the galaxy will accept that Vader is Anakin again and everything will be beautiful and happy. Even though I know that things probably wouldn't actually work out that well. :/
Thank you for this. It is lovely. :)
Sorceress of Stories chapter 1 . 8/21
This story is so mesmerizing! The way you describe Anakin and Luke's connection is just beautiful! And man, I was scared there for a moment, thinking Luke was actually dead! Anyways, keep up the good work!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 1 . 8/14! I was crying going, "No no no! No, this can't be happening. Luke can't die." Seriously, I had to back up and reread the part when Vader came out of that vision. That was great!
BringMeReckoning chapter 1 . 6/14
*Sobs* Why do you make me cry so much? Tears were running down my face as I read this, damn this was so beautiful. It made my heart ache and joyful at the same time, thank you so much for writing this masterpiece!
Independent Radical chapter 1 . 5/23
I almost cried during the first half, then when it turned out to be a dream sequence I was too relieved to be annoyed by the presence of a cliche. Great job!
RiddleMeEvil01 chapter 1 . 4/10
This has always been one of my favorite Fanfics. today I was scrolling through my liked stories and decided to reread it when the Ascension song from Moulin Rouge began to play in the background during the vision part and I was hysterically sobbing. Thank you so much for this perfect and emotional story!
Blue Teller chapter 1 . 4/6
I'm starting to notice the pattern in your stories. I've read some comments about how this is supposedly "too much", in terms of fluff and so on, to the point of being unrealistic or awkward. I, on the other hand, respectfully disagree with them.
This kind of open affection is a rarity in real-life, that much is true. There are not many places in this world where people are brave enough to love so humbly and shamelessly, especially in the Western culture... Strangely enough, this comes from a person who grew in a home overfilled with that kind of love. Yes, I hug, kiss and tell my parents I love them several times a day and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. But I'm very aware that's not very typical behavior. So many people have this (in my opinion completely stupid and useless) need for "personal space", this pride that doesn't allow them to express their feelings fully. I always respect the boundaries of others, of course, but I've been thinking a lot about it. Why for goodness' sake are people afraid to actually say the word "love"?! Why are they so afraid to break the ice? Is it the fear of rejection? Perhaps. But this kind of thinking leads people reading this story to believing that THIS - this beautiful, touching piece - is UNREALISTIC, because the expression of LOVE. What the heck, people! Are men not allowed to be affectionate! Is father-son bond weaker than romantic love! Those are LIES! I can't believe people can be so close-minded.
Putting my ranting aside, all these stories of yours have a similar pattern which, I admit, never fails to put tears into my eyes: the brilliant development in recognition, realization and finally, confession. People being openly/overly affectionate with each other - is it weird? No. Unusual? Maybe. Awkward? Heck no! Those feelings are as genuine as they can get on a piece of paper! ...or, uh, a screen. But my point still stands:
Your stories are amazing. They have the inspiration, the feeling, the LIFE that good stories need. Are they perfect? Well, no. But they're still really really good. Double applause and congratulations to you - you deserve them. Don't you ever let anyone make you doubt that.
With love and respect,
-Blue Teller
Shel chapter 1 . 2/2
Please write more Luke and Vader/Anakin stories!
Shel chapter 1 . 2/2
And to the person who reviews and says stuff like "real life isn't like that" and "Star wars isn't like that" and "that would never actually happen", um, that's kind of the whole point of fanfiction. The writer gets to create an alternate universe in which anything can happen, it can have a happily ever after, and it is based on the writer's imagination and emotions. If you don't like it, you don't have to read can write your own fanfic however you want. Some of us like unrealistic fluff. ;-)
Too precious! I love it!
Window Girl chapter 1 . 1/12
"My name. It sounds so beautiful when you say it." That's probably the most beautiful line I've ever read in a fanfic
Kiraling chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
Woah, you had me so scared for a moment! I thought Luke was really going to die... Thanks goodness the story ended the way it did! ;) Great piece!
Jaye Solo chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
This was beautiful! I love all your Star Wars stories. You should write more. Maybe even use the new characters from the new movie. You could write a story where Anakin gets sent to the future and meets his Jedi Master son and his Sith Lord grandson. I wonder how he'd react to that!
Nakrr Nevermore chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
Hello, me again!

I was so impressed. For a moment.

First third of the story was good, got that Dark Side rage that is inevitable in any Sith. There was dialogue aplenty, no walls of text, no random side stories, I was excited!

And then it... devolved. Vader had some sort of vision (one unlike any other in SW history) and suddenly decided he was nothing without his son.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds almost like someone living out a fantasy through fanfic. Like the dreams of a child without a dad.

I just find it extremely difficult to believe they could magically make up, Vader could just swing back to the Light, and they all live happily ever after and forget all the stuff that happened before. Real life isn't like that. Even Star Wars life isn't like that.

You don't just forget fighting your own father/son to the death, only for one to escape. You don't forget that for years you were on opposite sides of a war for the galaxy. You don't get over the fact that you've only spent about an hour (or thereabouts, it's an estimation) with this man over the entire course of your life. It's true that in the last moments of Vader's life, he redeemed himself in Luke's eyes by saving his life and killing the Emperor... but I guarantee you that if Vader had lived, their subsequent relationship would have been anything but smooth and fluffy. There'd be baggage, baggage that you can't simply ignore because you share some DNA.

Life is messy and complex, but also beautiful. If writing unrealistic fluff pieces is your thing, go ahead. Lots of people seem to like it. But it's not for all of us. And so I bid you adieu.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »