Reviews for Special
TooLazyToSignIn chapter 2 . 10/2/2013
Not a bad story. But I really think Tony would have waited to ask Wendy out until after he graduated. Its very out of character, doesn't really fit his morals, that he would date his teacher.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/21/2013
I really don't know why Gibbs wouldn't copy from a John Wayne movie. Here in the US, John Wayne, known as "The Duke," is a beloved figure in Westerns (movies), and is considered one of the manliest of men of his generation. Everyone wanted to be like him. Gibbs probably grew up watching his movies, like most men of his age group. And if you were going to pick up something from someone to add to your life philosophy, getting it from The Duke would be a top choice. John Wayne is as beloved in some circles as The Godfather is in others. So I could totally see Gibbs appropriating that piece of info for himself. Even my own Dad quotes John Wayne, so it's pretty common here.

Also, I think in the first paragraph of this chapter, you meant Abby would "third degree" him, instead of "third grade" him. Third grade is Grade 3 in elementary school, while the third degree is when you question someone with no mercy. Just thought I'd pass that along!

As for your Author note, I don't think we were looking at the same girl, cause I don't think Dana Hutton looked anything like Jeanne. I was actually happy to see Jeanne leave. I'm not a Tiva shipper at all, cause I don't really like Ziva that much, but I didn't like Tony with Jeanne, either. My reasons are simple and logical. The relationship was based on a lie, so no matter whether she forgave him or not, that distrust and knowledge that he may have to lie to her again, would always be there. You can't build a real relationship like that.

Their relationship was doomed from the beginning, and Tony knew that. It's just that being the good guy that he is, he got sucked in to the romance of the relationship. If you pretend something for long enough, you can start to believe it's real, even if it's not. Besides, if you go back and watch those episodes with her closely, every time their relationship moves forward, it's because she's pushing for it. Tony tries to keep it casual and just date her, but she keeps pushing for more. She sneakily introduces him to both her Mom & Dad without warning, tries to sucker him into saying "I love you," and pushes for them to move in together when her lease runs out. Granted, that last one, Tony spoke before he thought about it, but then she wouldn't let him gracefully back out of it, either. Although, as much as she was emotionally blackmailing him with her "venting," which I see more as whining, he didn't have much choice in order to keep seeing her, in order to keep the op moving forward. She used subtle manipulation, and she was very good at it.

When she found out the truth about his identity, she told him he had to choose between his life and her - that he couldn't have both. Then, she didn't even give him the opportunity to make the choice, but left anyway, because being the wife/girlfriend of a federal agent instead of a college professor wasn't the fairytale story/picture she saw in her head of their relationship. Sorry, but that's the way I see her character, and it bugs me when people give her a pass. She accused an innocent man of murder, just because his job ordered him to date her and in the process, she found out the truth about her father. Yes, her anger was misplaced, but there was something seriously wrong with her morally to be able to justify accusing Tony of murder, and to say she witnessed him doing it, when she knew that to be a lie. She would have sent an innocent man, whom she had claimed to love at one time, to prison for the rest of his life for a crime he did not commit.

That act caused me to go back and re-evaluate everything the storyline showed us about her interactions with Tony, and that's when I began to see what I have explained to you. I have little sympathy for her. She wanted a relationship with him, but she wanted it on her terms, and at her pace, and when she couldn't have it the way she wanted it, she decided to make him pay. That's not just childish, it's evil. Again, sorry for ranting about this, but it bugs me.

I did like your story, though! I like the way you explained Tony's reactions, and Gibbs' reasons for making that choice, and the way you tied it all together. Pretty cool. Good job!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/20/2013
An interesting end with Tony and Gibbs, i always thought Gibbs was playing cupid so Tony would have someone outside of NCIS especially after EJ

And that's for the acknowledgement at the top of this chapter , I mentioned Abby and Dicky knowing because Abby was more weary than curious, like she knew the backstory and Ducky just didn't know any details he thought cause Tony didn't talk about it but as it turned out Tony didn't know why he was dumped.
nando2k50 chapter 2 . 9/20/2013
Very well done...
John chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
This is too wordy and that makes it more punch into it.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I can't really help with the who knew what when but Ziva did profiles on all of them for Ari and she knew about Gibbs first wife and daughter it was mentioned in Kill Ari part 2. Ziva already told Tony most of his own backstory in that ep as well, so it wouldn't be a surprise that she knew he was once engaged. In the ep Secrets though Abby and Ducky know of Wendy they just hadn't meet her and the wedding would have been called off while Tony was working at NCIS cause he has already been there for 2 years before we meet the Team for the first time. Also in the ep Baltimore where Tony and Gibbs meet for the first time and Tony goes to work for NCIS , he had just gotten engaged and Wendy left Tony the night before their wedding. So not surprising Gibbs would know Wendy compared to the others, Gibbs always knows more about Tony's past than any of the others.

Hope that helps with your questions, i liked your story though how Tony spots what most of them miss ,cause he has his own masks that people also fail to see
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Wonderful explanation, and your description and detail are great-