Reviews for The Double-Walker
Neano chapter 6 . 8/21/2017
Excellent as usual. On to read more of Lucy and Adam!
Adam's Gal chapter 6 . 7/6/2017
Interesting story, thanks
Kayla M chapter 6 . 9/23/2013
So after all that, nothing is really resolved. I don't like him in this one. I hope he gets a little nicer in the next story.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
Oh Adam... you're stil lost aren't you? I wanted to smack him a couple of times throughout this story. I thought at the end of To Suffer he was on his way back, but a wound as devastating as the one he suffered would take years to heal properly. How do you recover from losing your hope and faith... your very soul? Now Lucy s leaving and Dave will move on... and I hope another piece of the old Adam falls back into place.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
I guess she was a little too young for Adam, but it made for an interesting tale. Thanks for another good story.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
I can't make up my mind as to how Adam really feels about Lucy. But then I don't think he knows himself. Good advice from Pa. But will he take it.

I don't believe Clayton should keep his past from Lucy, if he has real intentions towards her. It would be living a lie otherwise.

A lovely chapter, keep 'em coming.
Cristy W-S chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
It's difficult to see Adam in such emotional pain. All that he's gone through has truly changed him, and it really shows in this final chapter.

I enjoy a sarky Adam as much as anyone, but in his exchange with Dave at the General Store, I found him needlessly provoking, his words cutting and cruel. It's a good job Dave stayed level-headed, and I especially like that he voiced a few home truths to Adam. He knows exactly what's up with him and he let Adam know it. Well done, Dave! :) Still, it was very grim to watch and I really started to miss the old Adam.

I'm a bit surprised, though, that Adam actually considered the consequences of hitting Dave and held back. He was in such a state that I was sure he would thrash him first and question the wisdom of it later. Bits of the old Adam still clinging on I think.

But what really brought it all home for me was when he was dancing with Lucy. He totally crossed the line there and it was then I realised just how much he was hurting. I felt so bad for them both - it was just dreadful all the way round.

smh

I wondered if someone would show up to challenge Driscoll and which man would get challenged - Adam or Dave. So relieved things turned out as they did - no-one was killed and that sorry git was carted off to prison. It's sorta funny that they both were shot in the shoulder. What are the odds of that happening?

The ending left me sad. I felt sorry for Lucy and simply gutted to see Adam put the walls up once again, his tangled emotions destined to torture him further, no doubt. What a wretched business. I was so hoping that he would start opening up to Lucy, being honest with himself and with her, letting her start to heal him, but that just didn't happen. He's simply not able to yet. But on the bright side, it's as Lucy says - their time will surely come. :)

Now, when she gets back from her Grand Tour, Jet Mason needs to drift into Virginia City and really freak them out! LOL! Just joking! :)

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for putting Dave Clayton, my ATF, (next to Adam of course!) in your story and letting him shine. Even if he didn't get the girl this time, I have no doubt he'll find someone in Silver Flats. This one is definitely going on my 'favourites' list. Thanks again, Adamantwrites! :)
Guest chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
So they both have feeling for Lucy. An interesting dilemma. Who will win the fair maid? I wonder if Clayton's secret will out at some stage. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Good chapter.
Cristy W-S chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
Adam's comments on Clayton's sermon made me laugh as did his sarcastic comments to him afterwards - he sounds just like a cross, stroppy teenager! LOL!

Ben's approach to subtly giving Adam a bit of advice was very craftily done and well-tailored to his son's personality. He even managed to get him to open up a bit! But of course, Adam being Adam, he felt obliged to come up with a counterpoint fable. That guy can rationalise anything! :)

Fingers crossed he does get himself sorted soon or he could well be in danger of losing Lucy. Dave is attracted to her, and if they both think Adam isn't interested in her, well...

Love this! *claps hands happily* Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.
Cristy W-S chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
I so agree with Hoss's observations concerning the mannerisms Dave and Adam share. I remember watching the Bronco episode and thinking the very same thing as I picked out certain traits they shared. A familiar tilt of the head, a specific look, the pursing of lips, the trademark sideways glances - they all reminded me of the characteristics PR so famously gave to his Adam character. His Sam Boone character as well, come to think of it. Very cool! :)

Uh oh. This could get a bit sticky if Dave fancies Lucy and she is attracted to Dave. It's already prompted Adam to come over all jealous and resentful. If Dave tries it on with her, it might be just the push he needs to stop messing about with irrational fears and tell her how he really feels about her. Lucky girl to have not one but TWO gorgeous men fancy her!

Adam jealous! LOL! Love it!

This is fantastic - anxious to read the next bit! :)
westernsoul chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
Can't even imagine how this story will end ... but I am so enjoying all the possiblities that come to mind! enjoyed the last 2 chapters and looking forward to more.
Cristy W-S chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
It's DAVE!

Aww, this is brilliant! What a wonderful premise that Adam should meet up with Rev Dave Clayton, the former Sam Driscoll! And I have to say, you've really captured Dave's personality. He was very engaging and did have a 'certain charisma' in the old Bronco episode that was quite appealing. I found that I liked Dave almost as much as I do Adam, which surprised me. Loved his accent as well - such a smooth, melty, southern accent that sounded a bit like Sam Boone. Very attractive, that! :)

Enjoyed the meeting between Dave and Lucy. What a bizarre situation to find herself in, and quite understandable that her feelings would become a bit unsettled in the presence of this dead-ringer for Adam. It's easy to see how it would be terribly unnerving to suddenly come face to face with Adam's double, but I think she handled it rather well. Even Adam was a little less prickly when they met than I thought he'd be considering the circumstances under which he was shot.

Loved her little zinger at the end! It's not often that Adam is left speechless!

Lovely to see Dave Clayton again - you've so made my day! :)
AureaD chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Adam had better offer for Lucy's hand before the Rev. Clayton does. I believe Adam would be very sorry if that were to happen. Your story is very interesting. Doppelgänger. What a great word.

So looking forward to more.
BJ2 chapter 2 . 9/14/2013
Ouch! I do love suffering Adam though...
BJ2 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
This should be interesting... if there had to be a cloned Cartwright at least it's the right one.