Reviews for The Angel
zoewinter1 chapter 13 . 5/16
I'll admit, I squealed when I saw you had updated. As always, this chapter was amazing I loved it!
whynot187 chapter 13 . 5/6
Thank you so much for updating this! This has been one of my favorite stories for a while and I'm very happy that you're keeping with it:) The writing was still superb and the now I'm even more excited to find out where the plot goes. Enjoy your gap year!
I can't believe how amazing this fic is. It's like the love child of Firefly and Ender's Game and it's freaking awesome. Honestly I didn't have much faith in some of the ships at first but OMG your characterizations and development are beautiful and everything just works out perfectly. AND YOUR WRITING AND THE PLOT AND EVERYTHING! IT'S PERFECT! Thank you so much for your story and I can't wait for an update!
firelight3 chapter 11 . 12/28/2014
Oh my god you don't know how happy it makes me to see this fic back on my alerts! The writing and the plot and the way you develop the characters at just the right moments are all so beautiful, I don't even know what to say at this point. Thank you so much for continuing this story (when so many others have given up on theirs)!
Wulf chapter 11 . 12/16/2014
Update! Update! We got an update! And all is suddenly well in the world, and the birds are singing and the sun is shining and Snow White is dancing past my window with flowers in her hair.

Seriously, you made my day bro. Keep up the good work, this story is absolutely KILLER.
zoewinter1 chapter 11 . 12/9/2014
every update makes me so excited, and the little look into Francis and Arthur's past was awesome!
Guest chapter 11 . 12/8/2014
The coding is off for chapter 11, and in its current state, leaves the story illegible. Please fix it.
haruhasu chapter 10 . 11/22/2014
That "red ribbon around his lungs" line was SUPERB, like omgwow.

"Gilbert had been dismissed so many different times in so many different ways." Ohgawd Gil.

The most satisfyingly ironic thing about the German Bros interaction there about building a heart is that Gilbert has such a big one.

Romano no.
Romano yES.

FELI IS THE INSIDE MAN WHO'S ATTEMPTING TO KILL HIS GRANDPA. WHAT.

'tis I, flailingly arising from the depths of darkness before being sucked right back in. Friend, I meant to say hi months ago, but now at least you know I'm not dead (:
haruhasu chapter 9 . 7/30/2014
The Isle brothers were like "Idgaf" then "actually, yknow what, I do give a fuck, but just a little tho-get me a doctor"

Omg. The Ivan cameo. I did not expect that. And the medical metal bars to substitute for his metal pipe. Yes, I saw that! And him being so passive-aggressively snarky! And the sMILEYS. Jesus, Ivan.

"You're a fucking mess and you owe me a kiss." Is this a faux hostile and sarcastically affectionate Isles relationship? Be still my beating heart. Wally tho... Wally rubbed me the wrong way... I mean yea, people have apparently dropped off from looking at the ocean too much, but to then take money and put it in his own account right after? Man, a little cold there, Wally. And as much as I found him to be a dick, I actually don't mind cuz I do have a soft spot for dickish characters, especially those harbouring deep, bitter resentments. Dick, yes. Justified, yes. Godammit, Mama K. And the "it's totes confidential, so let's just create a rift between you brothers and Arthur."

"Existential mindfuck" (will be the phrase of the week, btw. I'll try to use it in everyday conversations.)
"'What is Real' Issues"
"Identity Crisis"
You sure know how to play with characters.

Damn, the bitter resentment of this whole chapter.
Sacrificia-Lamb!Aiden. Well fuck, kid. The one brother who actually admitted to liking his planet is the one forced to leave.

Fuck that whole paragraph about Wally being a dick. I knew I'd end up liking him. Fucking A, Wally, you go have that personal account and smuggle yourselves out. You go, you babe.
Wth, Barky.
Wtf, force field.
Jesus fuck, wALLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING. WALLY NO. NO. NOO.
That is not okay.

This fic never warned me about getting attached to side characters. This fic never warns me. I now want to swaddle Wally in a fleece blanket. Should've heeded the "Optional" tag. Now I'm gonna be thinking about Isle dorks on top of worrying about the four main dorks. T_T

(As always, never expect to get a proper review out of me This time, I opened up a word doc and basically wrote what was in my mind as I read through. I think you can already tell which exact scenes I commented on, hahahaha... )
amazon9398 chapter 9 . 7/27/2014
Geezus. I love the UK bros and you just made my chest hurt and throat tight at 10:30 in the morning. I didn't realize this chapter would be about them, here I thought you were going to put some unnecessary actual romance into the story on Matthew's part but when I realized it was about them I squealed in joy. Maybe, maybe there's a chance Wallace/Wally can still make it off the planet. Perhaps somewhere in Braginski's cold heart he can find the sympathy to spare money for a shuttle ticket for him. He seemed pretty shook up when he heard them talking to their mom, maybe that'll come back into play later? I'd love to see all the brothers meet up again somewhere, their reaction to Arthur being the angel and Arthur's reaction to hearing about their sad exsistence. I love them, but damn if I don't love putting them through emotional stress :,)
zoewinter1 chapter 8 . 7/23/2014
This chapter seriously fucked with my head and has made me question several of my life morals
haruhasu chapter 8 . 7/22/2014
ohmygod, I'm still screeching (CUZ IT'S SO GOOD), but now with tears (CUZ IT GOT SO SAD). T_T

I think this was what you meant when you said we'll be delving more into Arthur's character. Damn, he's got a lot of baggage and it's so fucking understandable.

The "Francis, shoot me" scene broke my already mangled, rotting, black heart. I literally had to stop reading for a few seconds to abate the urge to hug Arthur-baby. This chapter was just altogether heavy-like Arthur deciding the pros and cons of turning himself in, which choice will have casualties, how he can prevent casualties, and at the very end of it all, he couldn't do anything. (not gonna cry...I'm not gonna cry) Then the part where Alfred got mad at him when he really has no control/memory of it... Arthur's such a scapegoat and a dilemma of his own: he's the one who comitted the crimes, but technically, it's his id (if we can even call Angel that). The scene with his brother had me whimpering... Then the goddamn trolley dilemma (not gonna cRY, DAMMIT!).

Shite, Arthur, you really DO need a hug.

Lastly, my notes to parry with your author notes:
-The morality situations were so fucking appropriate to this chapter. Yea it drove a stake to my chest and left me bleeding, but whatevs.
-Guess what book is added to my wishlist. Before anything, I had my eye on Gaiman's American Gods but fuck that now
-Does "holla at me count"?
-Hello, ambigious reference to me
-Nerdy, hacker Alfred is still hot no matter how lame (read: awesome) his jokes are. Those got me smiling. Then the next scenes happened.
-I concur: no one wants to wait till August! :D And even though it's skippable (did I just make a new word?) I'm still gonna read it
-I FUCKING KNEW YOU WERE GONNA TEACH ME SOMETHING NEW THIS CHAPTER! "Today class, we're learning about napalm." God, you're amazing! :D
Guest chapter 8 . 7/22/2014
fuck napalm.
firelight3 chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
First off, I'm so very glad you're back with another chapter! Your work is amazing and your writing deserves to be published, to be honest. This chapter, like everything else, was so great- the effort put in researching, then writing this is something I respect completely. I really really can't wait till the next chapters, I really think you'll be able to do the next three chapters right, as you want em to be. Cheers!
haruhasu chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
OH MY FUCK. You don't understand, I am screaming right now, like holy Jesus this fic is perfection, and shit, it's not even my otp, but fuck that, you did everything so well and gawwwwwd, arrrrg, I want the next chapter now, dammit I'm gonna have withdrawals until your August post!

This is a legit AU here. Wow. Seriously, rounds of fucking applause to you! So much kudos for basically imagining everything about this AU: planets, technology, people, individual character backgrounds, the fact that every scene/line is relevant to the plot/character development as a whole and nothing is unneccesarily only fanservice and such and oh god if I list everything this will be a monster pseudo-review

I am basically just in awe of you... Wow... So amazing...! I'd just like to say that I AVOID sci-fi fics LIKE THE PLAGUE, especially the kind that deals with intergalactic stuff because I just can't comprehend much of it and my brain just re-boots with each information (reasons why I couldn't get into Star Wars and Star Trek and such) but man, I took a gamble, clicked on this, and I DO NOT REGRET THAT CHOICE AT ALL. I AM SO GLAD I CLICKED IT.

I read this whole thing in one sitting, like I could not leave it and get lunch and return-NO. I couldn't move away! I don't read many fics that usually have lots of characters, (I mostly read single couple-centered fics *cough*USUK*cough*) yet you had so many characters with their own side stories being explained and I am so surprised at myself at how much I LOVED IT.

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped at how innovative this is! Jeezus. My most favorite thing about this fic has got to be how you explore character interactions. Which leads us to my (surprisingly) favorite character for this fic: Francis. Your portrayal of him is superb and damn Francis, where can I get a friend like you?! Of course, Arthur's badassery is well loved too (this is the very reason why I clicked in the first place!). The best relationship in this whole thing is Arthur's and Francis. I don't even care about the upcoming couples now. I'm declaring them the best, even if they're not romantic. Who says the best relationships have to be romantic? Then there's Gilbert's character and their "most powerful inside man." I am so excited for this omg, I'm squeeling.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the song titles are what we're supposed to listen to or it they just encompass the chapter well, but I was listening to Tokyo Ghoul's opening song this whole time. That probably gave me a different feel, but I like it all the same. (:

[And this is out of place too, but I can't help but feel like I've had conversations with you before... It's probably just me. So feel free to ignore this!]
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »