Reviews for Mahou Ashikabi Negima (Version 2)
Pyromania101 chapter 1 . 3/30/2020
I hope (a) you see this through, and that (b) Akitsu still becomes Negi's first Sekirei.
M. Touhou Magicus chapter 1 . 3/11/2020
Quick note before I start:
I might point out a misspelled word, a sentence that I think does not make sense or something similar. Please understand that I am merely trying to help, you don’t have to listen.
Everything else is just my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt. I’m not trying to be rude, I’m just speaking my mind.
_
With that said; on to my review.
Your decision to start right after the fight with Graf Hermann is an excellent choice.
As you have said: it at least ensures Negi knows what he is doing and can challenge some Sekirei, but is not yet strong enough to defeat the more powerful ones such as Akitsu, Kazahana, or even Hibiki and Hikari. Unless he has some kind of plan before fighting them.
This in turn can help him bond with the Sekirei later. Since he won’t just be able to just plow through everything, they have more ways to learn about what makes him tick and can help him grow stronger too.
Your story is also well constructed too. I can’t seem to find any mistakes at a glance. Nice job!
I have been watching this story for sometime. I noticed that there were once three chapters.
Does the fact that they are gone mean you are going to start again? Your story was so good last time. I hope you are returning to this story, I have no doubt you’ll make it even better this time.
And remember; YOU are the author. Not the reviewers. It is fine to listen to them, but you ultimately control the story.

_
I have said my peace. Again, I pray that you continue this story.
- M. Touhou Magicus
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2020
This came out of nowhere, I remember reading the original years ago and Negima stories aren’t exactly growing on trees.

I don’t see a problem with using a less potent Negi, he really does run the gamut of power levels throughout the story, the problem is the rest of the Negima universe still exists. Sure, Negi can’t steamroll the narrative at this point in time, but there are A LOT of beings from that universe who could. So the issue becomes; why would those sending Negi not ask one of those far more competent mages to sleepwalk through the Sekirei story? I’m sure there’s a great comedy just waiting to be written with Jack Rakan cast as the main character. Another issue is that if everything from the Negima universe exists, MBI would never have been a big deal, the levels of tech we see in the more fantastical Negima makes MBI’s advances seem kind of superfluous.
enigma95 chapter 1 . 3/5/2020
what happened to you 2 chapters suddenly?
Pyromania101 chapter 3 . 9/14/2019
I hope you'll return to this someday.
edboy4926 chapter 2 . 2/28/2016
Good chapter.
edboy4926 chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
Interesting intro.
Grey King Of Ashes chapter 3 . 11/23/2015
Maybe it's just me but Negi and Asuna seem way to carefree with magic. After all the fuss they made in canon about it I would expect them to be more cautious.

On the other hand you have Akitsu acting totally different from what I am used to now. And it's awesome and I keep giggling about it. So thank you for that.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/3/2015
you should definitely continue this story
Number III chapter 3 . 4/20/2015
You're doing great so far. I don't have much in particular to say. You've captured Negi's character spot-on (which, admittedly, is easy enough) as well as how everyone treats him. Minato was interesting enough, but if he stays in his self-depreciative funk consistently it will probably get annoying, so you might want to start working on breaking him out of that.
CV12Hornet chapter 3 . 1/24/2015
Ah, yes, one of the old truisms of the Negima fandom: everyone is shota for Negi.
Orumon chapter 3 . 12/29/2014
I'm glad you haven't gone with pre-magical world arc Negi, as post mundus magicus he'd be completely overpowered for the Sekerei story.
ThePizziaMan chapter 3 . 6/2/2014
I'm looking forward to the next chapter:)
MangaMan chapter 3 . 5/27/2014
Loved it, I hope that you continue soon.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/2/2014
Mana vs Karasuba, please.