Reviews for Elegeia
Guest chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
This was beautiful! I especially liked the reference to how Boromir died
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Wow. Kili has some bad nightmares. Good thing Fili gets him settled after that.
weasleytemper chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
That's just... WOW
The emotions are just so...
I... I... I'm not crying it's just raining in my room. Yeah that's it.

Alright who am I kidding, I'm crying like a baby.
It's amazingly done, but I can't accept their deaths as easily as they do. I won't even accept it if I see it in the cinema.
MistakenMagic chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
*muffled sobbing from across the Atlantic*

Sorry it took me a few days to get around to this! My heart is now oh so heavy, but I'm glad I found chance to have a read. Beautiful title by the way, very fitting, especially with Fili's haunting line: 'It's written in stone.' It made me think of a speech from Shakespeare's 'Richard II': 'Let's talk of graves, of worms, and epitaphs [...] For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground/ And tell sad stories of the death of kings'. Blimey, I'm almost as bad as Tom Hiddleston and his obsession with quoting of Shakespeare ;-)

Anyway, as much as it pained me, it was really intriguing to see your version of the infamous BOFA. With Fili falling first, then Thorin, then Kili. The line about Fili having Thorin's back, but Thorin not having Fili's brought a a real lump to my throat! But I can fully imagine Thorin being driven by hate and so focused on his goal of bringing down Azog.

Fili's open acceptance of his fate was unexpected, but I just loved how much it showed his strength of character. Also I'm a sucker for precognition, prophecy, and just generally feeling things in one's bones - so I loved that. And I suspected Gandalf might overhear everything and be generally omniscient - what an exquisitely agonising touch.

'Enjoy' is probably the wrong word, but I'll say again that I'm glad I found chance to read this! And now I'll be waiting for the next chapter of 'God-Uncle' ;-)
SexyBleachGuys chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Waahhh! I don't want them all to die! It's not fair!
I think you described everything perfectly. From Kili's dream, I could put myself in his shoes, watching everything and feeling everything that happened. After Kili woke up, his thoughts to Fili's not caring we're clearly pronounced. I completely understand what Kili was feeling.
The ending bit with Gandalf was marvelous! I really enjoyed that, and how he like knew what was going to happen, even before Kili and Fili did. He always knew. Gandalf carries so many things, it's so sad...
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Hey you sort of had the same idea I did. I'm in the process of writing a story where Fili has a dream about the Battle of the Five Armies
newbie05 chapter 1 . 9/14/2013