Reviews for Two Letters
SouthardKyle chapter 10 . 4/15
Good story hope there will be more soon
Hellfire000 chapter 10 . 11/15/2016
I just found your story and I am in love with it, I can't wait to read more :)
jeremiah123 chapter 10 . 5/24/2016
great
Alicia Mirza chapter 10 . 5/1/2016
Hey!
Very nice story, I love it so far. I've seen a few similar stories around, but in nearly all of them their relationship becomes worse not better and Harry ends up as dark/gray!Slytherin!Harry and all, and I kind of like your version (a lot) more.
I especially like Petunia's and Dudley's character development. It's kind of hard to imagine a Hermione-like Dudley (and not someone like Crabbe and Goyle), but then again finding out that magic exist and you have it can change one's personality - who wouldn't be excited to learn at Hogwarts?
I love how you kept so many details (which turned out to be important in the later story, like how Harry saw the stone, how they met Hagrid before Hogwarts, etc.) I'm guessing you used the no-vault idea to show that the Dursleys (okay, Petunia) has changed. It would have been all too easy if Harry just had his own money to buy everything, right? He will probably get the key for his vault for Christmas, that would make sense. It might have been even a test of Dumbledore's :3
Dudley in Gryffindor: Hm, I can't quite see him in Slytherin, because the Hat wouldn't have really put a Muggle-born there, though he could quite fit. Hufflepuff, well, I kind of always imagined in stories like this Dudley there, in a hope of the Hat that it will form him in the good way, but then again he certainly wouldn't have fit in there before he got to know that he is magical, so remains Gryffindor, which in a way I can see happening. I'm very happy though that you haven't changed the houses of all the other main canon characters - I even quite like how you gave Hermione and Neville bigger roles already than they have at this time in canon. (I'm curious how that will change things.)
I hope to read more in the very near future! (Yuy, I can't wait!)
Keep up the good work!

Alicia :)
LostItAtSorry chapter 10 . 3/21/2016
This is truly amazing, and I love this. This has a lot of potential, and it is very creative
RRW chapter 10 . 3/3/2016
I can't help but feel bad for Harry because Dudley is really clueless about how his family treated Harry until this summer. By asking about the letter is clearly indicative that he does not believe Harry was so mistreated he may not want to communicate with his Aunt and Uncle.
Jarno chapter 10 . 3/3/2016
Hmm, I think the original idea is good but you simply change your characters to much or are not congruent with them.
Dudley goes from hitting Harry with a stick, to his best friend in a matter of weeks. He goes from an idiot to smart, in again a couple of weeks. He goes from lazy to hardworking. People don't change that fast. Dudley is arrogant, dumb and lazy. It will take at months to change that, and he'll always be dumb. If you fail in primary school, you are not the smartest cookie. Lazyness has nothing to do with that.
Also for Harry you have the sorting hat portray him as having a thirst for knowledge, yet in his actions he shows none of it.
Let's be honest here: you write Dudley as being a better student than Harry, almost on par with Hermione, that's simply far to much a character change in far to less time.
Fast Frank chapter 8 . 5/12/2015
Dudley & Hermione? And the Hogwarts Express enters 'The Twilight Zone'. (Doo Doo Doo Doo)
Alicia Mirza chapter 9 . 4/6/2015
Hey!
I really liked everything you have written so far, so I hope that you will eventually finish this story. (I tend to leave stories behind for years but I don't forget, so I hope the same is with you.)
I guess what you have written about the vault does make sense, as there didn't seem to be any problem with Harry and Dudley getting their letters Hagrid's escorting wasn't needed, the explonation from McGonagall was enough. Though, I do find it still strange in a way, that I think she should have given the key if not to Harry (too young or something) then his guardians. In that way I do find it strange myself, especially as she suggested asking for money, when she knew the Potters and I'm pretty sure that she knew that Harry had some inheritance at least.
Houses. I hate when based on a slight change (because a month in his life is pretty much a slight change) the writers change Harry's house. Okay, Harry could be in many houses. He is brave and bold, he wants to prove himself, he is talented and not stupid, though not studious and he is loyal, friendly... So, he pretty much would fit in any of the houses (but many others are a lot like him - Hermione for example). So, I'm more than happy that in this story you didn't change his basic personality (because that's what the Sorting is about). Then Dudley: Well, he is a Muggleborn so even if he fit in Slytherin he wouldn't be placed there probably (because the Hat knows better). Ravenclaw doesn't seem to be his house either, because he isn't studious enough either (though, Dudley is reading in this story xD ). Only Hufflepuff and Gryffindor are left, and to be honest loyalty and hard work seem less likely to me than bravery and boldness when it comes to Dudley. So, all in all I would say that I agree with you about the houses.
I like the portrayal of Petunia and Vernon. I find the first one imaginable, the second one funny, but at the same time he would probably behave like this if he didn't disown Dudley. That's the two ways I can see him cope with the situation.
I find it interesting how the hit it off with Ron, Hermine and Neville all at the same time. I'm curious if they would share them or the five of them would make a group instead of a trio.
I really hope to read more, because though this isn't the first story I've read with this story line this is the one I like the most, the one closest to what I imagine.
Keep up the good work!

Alicia :)
A new fan who hasn't given up the hope of reading more

P.S.: Sorry for the really long review!
That Other Coin chapter 9 . 9/18/2014
loved Vernon and Hagrid getting drunk! and Dudley's friendliness with Hermione
Twisted Pxl chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
This is very interesting so far. I like how Harry and Dudley have gone to be more friendly. However, I think there should be a fight or something over how Dudley treated Harry before the letter. This fight would make them closer as family.

Can't wait to read more of this. I can't wait to find out Aunt Marge's reaction to Dudley and Harry being a wizard. Since in canon Marge wasn't told about Harry being a wizard, now there is a reason to tell her. Especially since she did also treat Harry badly with how Ripper made Harry stay in that tree until Marge called him off.
Alethea27 chapter 9 . 8/4/2014
I always enjoy reading stories where Dudley turns out to be magical too. Aunt Petunia seems a lot nicer and I did love the scene where Uncle Vernon and Hagrid over indulged in Diagon Alley. Who would have thought? Please update soon!
Silver Blacklupin chapter 9 . 7/31/2014
I loved it. it would have cool if you put Dudley in ravancawl.
A Reflection chapter 9 . 7/25/2014