Reviews for Star Effect: Deep Space 9
Wolf Guard Miestwin chapter 29 . 1/25/2016
You need a review? I can't give you one, because I'm not too good with those, but I'll tell you that so far I like this story. The pacing feels good, although sometimes it is a bit rushed, but not too much, and better rushed than boring. Feels less like a game, and more like a mini arc of 90's-00's TV series. I don't know if this is what you wanted, but this is what you got.
Earlier, characters could use more familiarizing with the opposite world. More conversations and knowledge exchanging between them, because it felt too much like "different universes tech/people/behavior... ok". But I think it might be too late for that.
Wolf Guard Miestwin chapter 24 . 1/24/2016
My priorities are messed up. The most important thing that stayed in my mind from this chapter, is a suggestion that Turians don't have dicks... or at least they are not too big.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/9/2015
Oh for the love of crap! *sigh* did you REALLY need to make each universe exist as fiction in each other's universe, I mean, it just makes everything sooo...unimportant? also stupid, seriously, this vapid decision negatively impacts everything you subsequently do. I'm out.
enji-benjy chapter 26 . 10/16/2015
How din Ki even find the Defiant? It was supposed to stay cloaked.
sigh chapter 4 . 10/11/2015
You just had to go there didn't you? You are a talented writer, you have some skill but instead of doing a proper crossover you wen with crappy but it's a game/book/movie in our universe. Seriously this just ruins everything. Do disappointed . It's bad enough that people constantly try to pull of this "witty" shit with LOTR but now this as well? i give up
Chronus1326 chapter 34 . 10/13/2015
Hey there! Just got caught up to current. I reviewed a few times along the way but I really hate typing on my mobile. You asked for some feedback and reviews so I wanted to give some. These comments are my own thoughts, and both pro & con.

The Story: It seems like much of the time you need a reason for an issue, and its rather transparent. Example, the lengths you've had to go to in order to keep the Defiant stuck in the Widow system and unable to function properly. That made me feel like you had just hamstrung your whole story: Defiant (Federation Warship) with true shields, phasors etc can't do crap in the ME universe. I'd like to see them put a Eezo core in an unused storage bay, big enough to deal with the Defiant's Mass, maybe Quark could help gather the eezo supplies for this in his won special type of trade. Speaking of, I absolutely loved Quarks economics lesson, that was a really good read. Anyway, lets get the Defiant 100% operational in ME universe. Your capture of the Garek character is spot on, i love it "damn, she got the backup tracker too!"

Tech/Physics/universe-integration: In my humble opinion, kinetic barriers shouldn't do crap against a phasor, maybe you could say they drop the phasor to 50% power if you need a power-limiting plot limiting device. Starfleet shield would hold up for days under continuous bombardment from a group of Citadel Dreadnoughts. Did the Defiant have the specs for Ablative Armour deployment? that'd be cool! The Defiant had those pulse-phasors, i don't rememebr if it had the classic beam phasors. You said that the Normandy under FTL was catching up to the Defiant at...lets bullshit and say warp 6.5...no way ever. Even if ME FTL was 5.0c its still wayyy slower than warp 5. I don't have numbers, but in ME it would take real long to get from Earth to Arcturus via eezo-FTL, and their practically next-door. We don't hear stories of Federation ships traveling for months and months to get somewhere, although the relay's come into play here if our Defiant can't use them...yet(you better!)

Plot: I do like the plot alot. For my part, I'd like to have seen more ST action, not just grab their crew and toss them on the Normandy. Maybe in a dozen chapters you can have the Normandy and the Defiant get heavy battle damage and cause them to repair/refit the Defiant for relay travel and Sisko remains the captain of the ship and Sheppard becomes the 4th in command: Sisko, Kira, Worf, Sheppard; also all ground combat falls under her. Again, its sometimes transparent that you work backwards to fill a plot hole. Legion can reindex the Defiant's main computers and whatnot; cool! Oh wait, you inserted all sorts of obstacles for them to work through rather than just having Legion stand in the core room, hook his ass up to a subspace transmitter and have the collective directly index the files. All those hoops we jumped through and Legion just whitehat-hijacked the Defiant anyway, so wtf was the point? (Please don't take this as nay-saying, we only remember catching the Red lights in traffic!) I wonder what would happen if we injected an amount of eezo into the matter/antimatter reaction chamber. Is their an anti-eezo that we can annihilate with? that'd be cool too! Did Janeway bring Voyager back with its Delta Flyer schematics? Can we build one?

Plot future: Have you considered that the Defiant simply wasn't getting home - ever. This way you could have them share their tech with the SA and integrate. When trust comes into place, consider adding a lower-ranked Vulcan as a crewmember so he can mind-meld, possible with an Asari; wouldn't that remove all emotion (sex) from the meld and make it utilitarian? Just remember, this is Fanfiction, and we care about Cool, Hell Yeah, and 'that was cool how he integrated those two elements/they never saw that weapon coming!' more than we're looking for a masterful piece of literary history :)
I'll keep reading and supporting your efforts no matter which direction you take your story. Thank you for sharing with all of us!
So lets slap a mass accelerator under each flank of the Defiant, give it a mass effect core, and have her start blowing shit up!
P.H. Wise chapter 15 . 3/29/2015
You know that kinetic barriers will do absolutely nothing against phasers, right? Beam weapons pass right through. Barriers and shields are very different.
FORD B chapter 32 . 3/17/2015
Another great read! Need a little more spacing between the conversations when it goes from one parties to another though. Got lost for a moment there in the beginning.
FORD B chapter 31 . 3/13/2015
Very interesting story!
aDarkOne chapter 31 . 2/8/2015
I like the idea of human (Klingon) cosplayers accusing Worf of being a fake looking Klingon.
Mik3k chapter 31 . 2/7/2015
Solid update, getting closer to the big invasion huh?
XRaiderV1 chapter 30 . 11/3/2014
fairly well done.
Last Ride Of The Valkyries chapter 30 . 11/2/2014
Thanks for introducing me to the hairy ball theorem, because Wikipedia makes it sound neat. I like this story, and I'm wondering if Legion'll find it in his trawl through the web. That'd be really meta, eapecially if he notes that whomever was writing it stopped right where the characters are now.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
This is going to be good D
Lemmy Mann Esq. II chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
Well, as mama used to say "Always say something nice before something... critical." So I liked the writing style and what I liked of the story flowed very well. But the choices you take in this story confound me. So the first thing sisko does after reaching the new universe is hail the Normandy and say hello? He knew that they weren't starfleet, but he throws away the prime directive by hailing an unknown ship? Why? And then once they meet face to face they agree to exchange tech? Doesn't that violate the very core of federation principles? I know I'm being nerdy and dickish but star trek is my favourite SciFi show and I honestly want to like your story but I feel that this story is very ooc for star trek. I hope that this story is rewritten or something so It can reach it's true potential.
Lemmymann