Reviews for Rain
patleon909 chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
Yes. Yes. All of my yes, this was damn adorable.
0xBORKED chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
I wanted more to this... such good fluff
Antonio92 chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Jaune/Pyrrha is adorable as fuck. Especially after Dance Dance Infiltration. This piece is adorable as fuck too!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
This is so sweet!
Faraway-R chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
I find it amusing that canon actually supports this. :D
Atrox-Forensis chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
Such a warm fuzzy feeling. Good Jyob!
Arcantos the Storyteller chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Very nice. I like how you showed the two of them and their dynamic with one another.
Winter Coma chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Gah, this is so cute and fluffy and wonderful...*melt*

You know, I've always liked simple one-shots like this. It's well-written, it delves into the mind of at least one character, and it's got a fairly normal setting to it. Nothing fancy, but still worth a read.

Take my favorite, if you please.
Soulwithlife chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Oh boy. I'm going to try and be free of bias here, but...ah, who am I kidding, that's basically impossible. Jaune x Pyrrha is my battleship, and this is easily the best romance fic I've found for them so far! Where to start...

Okay, first of all, I love myself a bit of skillful description, and this one shot's got a lot of it. That doesn't mean the dialogue's sparse, though; said speech is carefully placed throughout the text and is about as true to the characters as you can get without it being written by Monty Oum himself. As another reviewer commented, I especially liked that Pyrrha had a little internal conflict here between her sensible side and her teenage girl side, as I feel that she's a little too ace-y in RWBY proper. The whole shield-umbrella thing also seems to me like something Jaune would do in a heartbeat, considering that his main motivation for standing up to Cardin was protecting his team rather than himself, something that he demonstrates very well here.

Now, one more thing before I move onto what little criticisms I have, hm? Romance stories have what I like to call a romantic pace, or in layman's terms, how quickly things progress between our two (or more) lovebirds. My pet peeve with romfics is that the romantic pace is way too fast, usually because it doesn't have much of a jumpstart in the canon itself. However, while the shipping here is clear as day, it's paced right in the goldlocks zone. Good on you for that.

Criticisms, criticisms...man, this is really hard. The sentence structures and grammar here are pretty much flawless, but if I were to nitpick...

"It was selfish of her, and unfair to Jaune, and at that moment all she cared about was he was filling to do it for her, even if he justified it as for their team."

From where I stand, the second 'and' would work better as a 'but', and the "...all she cared about was he was..." could use a 'that' between the first 'was' and 'he'. As I said, nitpicky, but I've kind of got to be here.

Anyway, conclusion. I love Jaune/Pyrrha, and this fic certainly does well to earn my favour in that regard. The romantic pacing is fantastic, the characters are faithful to their canon counterparts, the general quality of writing is very high...I mean, really, you're making me jealous here! Highly recommended to romance lovers, perhaps even those who aren't the biggest fans of Jaune/Pyrrha. May you go on to write many more!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2014
Da's adorable!
Kouta Aburame chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
For a while I expected Pyrrha to have "forgotten" her umbrella when Juane came along. I have to say you did a great job transferring their character to written script, and the subtext beneath the dialogue helps to set the scene without being overbearing. It was rather enjoyable I must say.
Rhavis chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
I think everyone adores Jaune/Pyrrha but that just my opinion. Those two make such a perfect couple don't you think?
boris-the-red chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
A nice little piece. Nicely written RadiantBeam.
Servantproto chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
And so my ship is quenched. For now.
The Flippant Writer chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
This was a very cute story. I especially liked the brief, one-sided struggle between her warrior side and her teenage side. It feels on target in regards to her personality. And Jaune's special brand of romanticism was both sweet and funny. Great work.