Reviews for The Illusionist
Le Diablo Blanc2 chapter 9 . 8/7/2014
Glad you abandoned this as some of your points sounded ridiculous
tracy killing dumbledore?
you say pansy with nev which sounds cool but then dont mention her as part of the rebellion
then in the epilogue harry is obviously dead but in your summary you only say daphne dies and realy after all shes done she is going to kill herself instead of aquiessing to nev for now while her and harry manipulate from the shadows? She doesnt strike me as a coward you also dont say what happened to tracy so really your plot has more holes than swiss cheese
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 10 . 8/6/2014
Very forced. As to your idea of Neville/Pansy - absolutely absurd.
Da Zhang chapter 9 . 7/20/2014
So, I see that you are still writing seeing as you put up another story. Are you going to update this one though or have you abandoned it to work on the other story?
Blackravens5 chapter 9 . 7/6/2014
This is a great story. I can't wait to read more. :) Update soon. ;
Yinko chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I was just reading your AN about how these stories are all the same and complaining about how Harry's want is always made out of legendary materials. It got me to thinking.

What if we accept Harry as being ridiculously powerful, but switch up the rest of the system to screw with it. In this wizards would be on a spectrum of power, but spells are all designed for people of average power. Wands need to be specific to the user so as to counter their core strength to get them to precisely average power levels. Wizards like Dumbledore and Voldemort were weak but had incredible finesse, so they had to have powerful wands.
So, if Harry is exceptionally powerful, what is the shittiest wand that could be designed (baring in mind that it would have to have a magical core and wood)? Puss from an especially lazy flobber worm for a core, with particle-board wood.

I read through what you said the characters were going to be like. I agree that most of those cliches are annoying. For instance, I really like the idea of Daphne as the main pairing, but in practice her character is always so bungled that I stopped looking for fics with her in them.
When I read canon Dumbledore, and don't infer anything, I think he comes across and insane and horribly incompetent. This isn't because Rowling designed it that way, but because she didn't write the first books with the whole series in mind. A lot of the decisions that people write off as manipulation could just as easily be the honest mistakes of a man who is simply a HORRIBLE administrator.
4master chapter 3 . 5/2/2014
Now this... this is something. It EXTREMELY RARE to see a HP/DG story with all the characters well, in character. Nobody seems OC till now.
I have my eye on you. :)
diagonalpumpkin chapter 9 . 4/4/2014
Ooh...I can't wait to see what happens to Umbridge. This sounds like it will be fun :D. Keep up the great work!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
ok wait wait wait.. what the fuck just happened? daphne using her contacts in the ministry? what contacts? and her trying to apparate? did u forget one tiny little bit that when dobby used magic harry got blamed? disregard for underage magic and not giving an explanation and harry acting like dumb pussy.. fuck this.. not enough explanation...
ANON chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
hahah when I first started reading the chapter I was thinking a very dark direction thinking someone like drugged daphne now I get it
Le Diablo Blanc2 chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
wow if that didn't suck
N.Azr chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
I hope this is a joke
ImaSoBored chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
To quote Harry "Dafuq?"
Going by the chapter, I'm assuming this chapter is some sort of Omake or parody, not intended to be taken seriously as a part of the story and that this story will continue eventually, or you've decided to end this promising story in a rather sad way.
I sincerely hope that this story is going to be continued.
In any event, this chapter was rather entertaining and I'm looking to the next(If there is one)
Nicolai Tobias Davi chapter 10 . 4/1/2014
Happy April Fools, now give us a real chapter tomorrow!
zookster chapter 10 . 4/1/2014