Reviews for The Nightwatch
jwadleigh chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
I LOVE THIS STORY! SO glad there's a second part!

Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
darkblueyank chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
I'm glad you decided to continue this story. As with your Play Dates story, it's wonderful how you are able to take the canon characters and transport them to another period and plotline and still keep their essence. You give everything a little twist and shift and there it is - another MM story!

One thing about Matthew - he did come across as truly violent in his detailed imagining of killing Carlisle. I can see our traditional Matthew having the sensory imagery of punching Carlisle, or thinking "I'll kill him" without picturing how he would do it and how it would look, but in this chapter he is seeing Carlisle's face and hearing the body hit the car. That's a very real image of killing someone. In this story Matthew is a soldier and it sounds like he has seen men killed if not killed men himself, so this image would not be a fiction to him.
luvgoround chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
So glad you've picked up this story again...love this story and this chapter has gripped my heart once again. You must definitely finish this story. There's so much here to bring out. I love that she went to his room - I know I would have not been able to sleep without his arms wrapped around me.
Palindrome310 chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
Sigh, the feelings at the end! So glad you continued this universe. The line about the war and the victors was perfect. Isobel is always so competent. enjoy your stories and learn some new words in English, your the language you use is so rich. I listened only recently to Michelle's Dockery "Sans Souci". I can picture Mary singing the song on the stage. Thank you.
eyeon chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
So happy you're back to this and I DO hope there will be more! Such a great character study! I can see Carlisle as the evil cad and Matthew as the wounded Prince Charming and such wonderful depictions of Mary and Isobel! Ah the burden to keep up with three wonderful stories (for you, I'm not ready for one of them-yet)!
trinadeckers chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
-flings self off cliff- you know how much I love this story, and for you to continue it just thrills me!

Amazing job, and ugh I'm fangirling now
MMShipper chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
What to say? You are so amazing. Everything you write is beautiful. I'm sad that this happened to mary, but it's wonderful to see that matthew and mary can give each other support. God, i can't wait to read what comes next. xx a big fan
Guest chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
Absolutely perfect. Thrilled you are continuing with this. Of course love these two but this is a great part for Isobel.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
This was so amazing. I have been waiting a long time for this. Thank you so much for updating. Does this mean there will be another chapter? I can hardly wait. Love
Apollo888 chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
How wonderful to discover this the morning after MM Celebration Day! Such a heavy chapter and so many emotions that you capture so beautifully. The pain of Mary and Matthew is contrasted so well by Isobel's resolve. Their emotions mirror the time of War so well also. They are both hurt. They are both forced to rebuild. But they are both hopeful at the same time, and feel safe in this brief moment. Cannot wait to see what you have planned for this story and I will laugh if M/M get carried away again and take you on another long saga.
golden12 chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
I'm so glad that you continued this. These characterizations of Mary and Matthew are so interesting. Isobel, with her quiet understanding, and courage was perfect. She has overheard enough to know that Mary cares for her son. Matthew, his protectiveness, is what Mary needs, and Mary's instinctive knowledge that Matthew is so much more that just an injury. "I wish I'd met you years ago" Lovely. They both envision what their lives might have been, and what could still happen.
I hope that we get to read more of what happens to these two. Well done.
EJ96 chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
Amazing fic ! Love how accepting Isobel is :)
shana.rose chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
The way Mary and Matthew comfort each other just makes my heart melt.
Nenski chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
What a lovely, yet heartbreaking chapter. How you portray the depth of their feelings for one another is amazing.

I'm so glad you decided to continue this. Looking forward to reading more!
KP chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
Lala Kate, once again superb... smashing even! I'm not a WWII buff; however, you've captured my attention and I am ready to know more about this couple. I read chapter 1 last night and was thrilled to have chapter 2 waiting for me this morning. Well done, dear friend.
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »