Reviews for Night and Day
Oh my gosh. I just spent two hours reading this entire story in one sitting. It was absolutely amazing! I loved your portrayal of the characters! Thank you so, so much for sharing. I can't wait to read some of your others.
Julia Bales chapter 30 . 11/25/2017
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE EVER READ ON FANFICTION! (I especially liked the part where Tim told dally to get over his horseshit and then at the end dally had the brick with the words: "I'm over my horseshit" on it)
Julia chapter 14 . 11/23/2017
This is an amazing story and I can't stop reading! I can't wait to see how it ends!
BookEnchantress101 chapter 30 . 5/20/2017
This was amazing. I loved everything...every single character. It was perfect. I loved it. Dally and TwoBit was portrayed beautifully. I never really read too many things on TwoBit, but I'm glad I did this time. It was the perfect example of the effect of loss, and the terror of rape. I loved the brotherly love of the two. I always have to remind myself that TwoBit's older than Dal, who is only seventeen. I love the protective side of TwoBit, and the soft side of Dally. I like how didn't stray from Two's personality one's perfect, and the way TwoBit feels so uncomfortable about the whole thing, and how he wishes for normalcy is real. I loved it..I love it.. God you don't know how much I do. It was just brilliant. Bravo!

~Jenn
BookEnchantress101 chapter 7 . 5/19/2017
I realized that on another book you had the characters eat Mac and Cheese and Meatballs. Is it your favorite? Idk I just made this connection. X D
StayGold3 chapter 30 . 3/23/2016
I really liked the ending of this story - loved how Dally finally managed to be himself again by throwing the brick through Tim Shepard's windshield. It seemed so characteristic of Dally yet surprising at the same time. Also loved the bonding moments between Two-Bit and Dally.
Guest chapter 14 . 1/4/2015
I love your story so very MUCH!
Honestly, I envision the characters more like in the books. (Dally being not too tall, blonde, and leaking hair grease, Johnny having shaggy hair and having "puppy eyes", Two-Big being tall and strong ECT )
AnOunceofShag chapter 30 . 12/2/2014
I love Tim’s tough-love speech. Only Tim can speak to Dally on those terms, and it’s exactly what he needs to hear. And this line: “I swear that little punk causes me more trouble than he’s worth.” Haha! Yeah right, Dallas. You keep telling yourself that.

The brick! Classic Dally move. Brilliant. The perfect ending. I don’t think if you had a hundred years you could have come up with a better conclusion. This ending managed to make me laugh and smile, which is amazing considering the heavy subject matter and the painful journey of shame, denial, and illness that the story most strongly focuses on. I'm so happy to see Dally back to his usual orneriness.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story!
AnOunceofShag chapter 29 . 12/2/2014
I’d like to restate what a good job you do of taking into account the influence adults have on the boys. I like Rick, Two-Bit’s multi-dimensional mom, and the hint at a loving grandfather that you’ve given Dally in this chapter.

It was a nice touch to have Two-Bit so fed up, so filled with pent-up anger that he starts the rumble. And I enjoyed this humorous aside: “I didn’t know [I was brave enough to start it] either!”

But of course, the strongest and most moving part of the chapter and maybe the whole piece is Dallas jumping into the rumble to rescue Johnny. This is exactly what needed to happen. Dally is so used to being top dog–it’s essential to who he is–that I think the only way he could start to overcome what happened is to kick some *ss protecting the people he cares about most. Even though he was injured, I’m glad to see him up to usual antics. This will help him move away from (understandably) feeling like a victim and allow him to see himself a hero again.
AnOunceofShag chapter 28 . 12/2/2014
“‘Dal?...You okay?’ ‘No I ain’t.’” Finally.

I’m glad Dally’s reached rock bottom, reached his breaking point so he can admit he needs help. This is the most difficult step when you’re in the throws of denial about a problem (wish I didn’t know this), but from here on out, he can start the process of seeking help and moving on. And the self-loathing that follows, how doesn’t understand why anyone would care about him...honestly, I have a hard time picturing Dally feeling this way, because he’s presented as so cocksure about himself in the book: proud of his police record, proud of his status as a hood. But I think there is a lot more to Dally that goes on behind the scenes outside of Pony’s view. More self-doubt than his arrogant, bitter grin and thumbs-in-belt-loop swagger reveal. And if insecurity hadn’t been there before, this assault sure as h*ll would have changed that.

Also, in light of this backstory you’ve given him, it adds an ominous layer to Dally’s later warning to Johnny in Windrixville that “you get hard in jail.” Even if he is going through a vulnerable time right now, ultimately I think he’d come out the other end of the trauma even more hardened.
AnOunceofShag chapter 27 . 12/1/2014
The dialogue in this chapter is strong. It really gave me a sense of the story taking place in specifically in the ‘60s without having to rely too strongly on dated slang. I love Kathy’s use of the word ‘slick’ and Two-Bit’s dubbing of ‘Oil Can Stan.’ Tim calling Kathy his ‘sloppy seconds’ and a ‘handful’ just capped it all off. In fact, I like how Tim came off as intimidating, sexist, and flawed, while at the same he proved to be a real human being, because he was concerned about (and checking up on) Dally. The last bit is a nice foreshadow of the events in the books, when Tim shows up at the hospital to visit, also only pretending to care about an upcoming rumble.
AnOunceofShag chapter 25 . 12/1/2014
D*mn right he's being selfish. I wish I could shout at him from behind my computer screen: ‘Two-Bit, you’re acting like such a jerk! Shut up!’ But if he had to tell anyone, Darry is the person. He can be relied upon to keep a secret, and he’s mature enough to handle the situation better than any of the other guys. I like how you write Darry: vulnerable in the very rare moments when he lets his guard down, but mostly in control, a responsible and considerate leader. You don’t let Ponyboy’s warped vision of him (as his younger brother) influence your take on the character.
AnOunceofShag chapter 24 . 12/1/2014
“As it turned out, the movie wasn’t about some boring scholar that went job-hunting as Two-Bit originally thought.” Haha, this really had me snickering. Thanks for breaking up the pathos with some much needed humor! And: “I thought you would melt in the rain.” It’s good to see Two-Bit back to his joking ways, even if it is only temporary.
AnOunceofShag chapter 22 . 12/1/2014
I’m honestly frustrated with Two-Bit for telling Rick. I suppose it’s ultimately the responsible thing to do because Dally needs help, and Two-Bit's overwhelmed, and Rick is a reliable adult. But at the same time, he’s betraying Dally’s trust. It was Dally’s secret to share, not his. I interpret the greasers’ values as loyalty to your buddies and sticking to your word as coming before anything else, and I think Two-Bit went against the unwritten code in telling. But I understand why he did it, and ultimately I think he had to tell, so Dally can be given the resources he needs to cope with this.
AnOunceofShag chapter 20 . 12/1/2014
“...she was the only one who looked at him like he was something...for Dally it was special. No one else treated him like that.” I think this gets to the heart of Dally, and I like your interpretation of him here. He portrays himself as tough and cool beyond caring, but even if he does have the self-respect and confidence to stick up to his abusive/negligent parents and compartmentalize any feelings for them, he is not unfeeling all around. He may not have sought parental affection from his actual parents, but he found it and learned he needed it in Mrs. Curtis. Given the relationship you present them having, I can see why he took her death so hard.

As for Dallas’s confession...I’m sure it was hard for Two-Bit to hear, because it was hard for me just to read. Even without graphic details, there is enough to get a glimpse of truly terrible what happened to him was, to put his PTSD symptoms in context. Anyone who would dismiss Dally as a ‘wimp’ or claim he’s been acing ooc doesn’t understand trauma. And to make it worse on him, his assailants were never justly punished. I imagine that in itself would eat away at him.

And: “You said you wanted me to talk...So you better shut up and goddamn listen.” It’s refreshing to hear classic Dally bossiness and anger even when he’s sharing something he finds so deeply humiliating; it means there’s hope.

Finally: “Instead of me, it was Johnny.” Ouch. Poor Dally.