Reviews for The More Things Change
cairistiona7 chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
I told myself I would wait to read this as a reward for getting some of my own writing done. Pfffft. As if! I devoured this like a starving woman in the wilderness. Soooo entertaining and good and [insert superlatives here] I really enjoyed the interplay between Aragorn and Faramir. Faramir's nervousness and squeamishness was endearing-I have the impression that he usually leaves battlefield medic duties to the battlefield medics! But ouch, the King having to stitch his own scalp! Good thing Aragorn likely never forgot (despite knocks in the head) all those times of being alone in the wilderness with no one else there to stitch his wounds for him. This may have been for Linda, but it's a gift to all of us Aragorn fans!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
A great birthday present for Linda. I liked the relationship built up between Aragorn and Faramir, and Aragorn's gradual regaining of his memory. Excellent medical details, and a basic trust and friendship between the two Rangers...
BrightWatcher chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Oh... _

This is beautiful. It was a reminder of what's passed on.

Good luck with your writer's muse!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Lovely! I am priviliged to be friends with linda, and this is just the sort of gift she'll love!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Oh, this was great. At times you made me chuckle out loud and at other times, I felt a stirring of melancholy as when Aragorn did not remember Halbarad's death. What you made me think of is those times when I am in a particularly deep sleep and I wake up extremely disoriented as to where and "when" I am. As always, your writing is superb. I haven't been reviewing much at all lately as I moved a few months ago and all my time has been taken up with that. Thanks for another very fine story. BTW, the thought of stitching your own scalp...yikes! Loved your last paragraph.
Ghost chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Loved it. Beautiful, as always!

Aragorn's memory loss- kind of funny at some points, especially considering the others' reactions. And his frustration with being able to helpfully recall all kinds of medical advice but not where he'd been two days ago. And the bit about his, ahem, experiments with alcohol. Cute. But kind of sad, too, at the bit where he can't even remember who's dead and who's still alive... In short, I loved it. Some day, you need to post another multichapter one!

And my, ain't Faramir the natural healer... Only to be expected I guess; he has a hand House of Healing to go to and no Elrond to drill it into his head.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
What a super story. It has gone straight on my favourites list. THank you, I loved it.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2