Reviews for nowhere to here, never to beautiful
bikelock28 chapter 1 . 6/9/2018
Just getting into TTOI fanfic. I'll be honest- I don't really understand Malcom/Sam shipping, so the later parts of this fic didn't do it for me, but that's to do with my preference and not a reflection on your writing. I get why you didn't attempt the precise sweary comedy- imitating the style of Ianucci and co is very difficult.

Lots of good lines in this, I especially enjoyed: "He wonders why he was so desperate to be part of this world", "People stopped asking sceptically about his education and started asking him to help them, please Mr Tucker I'll do anything" and "She's always saying his name".
I liked "That's almost human of you" "I'm a fucking human"- especially as you left it open as to what tone Malcolm's reply is. Nice ambiguity. The vague mentions of Malcolm's divorce and his ex were effective, and it was realistic that criminal investigation concludes so underwhelmingly. All the lines about Ollie were appropriately horrible as well, I really enjoyed that.

I like the idea of Malcolm having a mum who says things like, "Language Malcolm, I'm your mother for fuck's sake" (although I thought her quoting "come the fuck in for fuck the fuck off" was too on the nose).
Some of the prose was rather too cliche which made them out-of-character ("She's too beautiful for England, for anywhere, for him", "they crow like children as they cut him to bits", "he forgets a little how to breathe"), and watch your use of Americianisms (here you'd say colleague not co-worker, sacked not fired and damn not goddamn).
Overall an involving and interestingly-written story, nice work.
Cailin Gorm chapter 1 . 1/29/2018
What gorgeous writing, it's smooth, undulating, at times poetic and just wonderful. I could continue reading for hours, it simply draws you further and further in until, like all good things, it, sadly, comes to an end.
I'm hoping to find more of your fiction, I'm going on a treasure hunt with no clues but the name you've used for this fiction, 'somethingdifferent123'.
By the way, I love your use of alliteration!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2016
Just simply awesome. Thank you.
deeedeee chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
Holy hannah, I (mostly) stopped breathing at about the time when he carried her to his bed, and just let it out when I reached the end. *Whimper* This was beautiful. BEAUTIFUL, I tell you. I so enjoy Malcolm Tucker, and I love that he canonically treats Sam well, but ruhMANCE for them in that situation would be *so* fucked up, with their power dynamic being as it is.
BUT THIS.
THIS, darling.
Well.
This was absolutely fucking wonderful. My face is all a-flush and my heart a-flutter. Fucking- citrus sunshine and dust motes and winter emptying out his rage and springtime filling him up with humanity again. And he finds something to do that makes him... something approaching whole. And then their silence about the whole thing?! I love it. They don't talk about the way they sleep tightly wrapped together, oh sweet jesus. And it clicks into place *like an ink cartridge* (office supply metaphors, how fucking perfect is that!?) and ... oh.
(i would italicize that if i could.) oh.

she takes up space in his room, things that used to crack and bleed from openness. I CAN'T.

the rain. O the rain. ye gods, my feels! she pulls him into bed with her and lays her head on his collarbone and when the rain starts in the morning, he holds her a little more intensely. in his fucking sleep. YES.

ugh, cuddly malcolm tucker, i can't stand it. (that's a GOOD ugh, by the way, in case that wasn't obvious.)

i'm gonna go read this again. Thanks for this, it was an absolute treat.
doctor712 chapter 1 . 1/27/2016
Really nice. Thanks for the story.
The Mistress Snape chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
This was a great read. Very well written. Kudos!
EvilNekoEye chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
so lovely :)
Lornesgoldenhair chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Oh this is wonderful. Just utterly beautiful from start to finish. Loved it.
bottledlogic chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
i love this fic - it's beautiful and quiet, but also so in character (especially love how you've sorted through their thoughts and feelings and motivations). lovely work, thank you!
Isabella G chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Wasn't expecting to like this, but I'm pleased to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. This is a lovely poignant story with an uplifting autumnal feel to it. I love the flower-pressing simile especially, it's really striking. Keep up the great work, or as Malcolm might say: "Congratu-fucking-lations!"
closedprofile123 chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Love this, a soft and sensitive perspective on one of the best ships ever! Really nicely written.
fiblue chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
I have come to love this pairing and your take on it particularly. Regarding your author's note: I like that the story isn't comedic and very sweary. I think it *is* in character, given the point in Malcolm's timeline and the fact that he is shown to not direct his colorful phrasing at Sam and others outside of the political sphere.

There are moments of your story of particularly wonderful dreamy-gray atmosphere. I like the journey of Malcolm learning to be a (relatively) normal human being again. The silence of the library, of sleep, of moments between Malcolm and Sam is a nice motif, and a contrast to the shouty, frenetic atmosphere that was left behind in politics. The phrase "clicks into place like an ink cartridge" is a good one.

I hope you have moreMalcolm/Sam stories planned. I'm hooked!
The Key of MGY chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Bless you for writing this.
Eclectic Muse chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I love this, especially as a companion piece to your earlier fic. Lovely fic, keep up the good work!
forbloodysummer chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
That was incredible, thank you so much for sharing this.