Reviews for Vera
Agent Otter chapter 18 . 1/20/2003
Sweet jesus christ. I hope you spend the rest of your time writing actual books for which you are actually paid, because I like to think that someday I could go into a bookstore and pick up something this good for a bargain $5.95. This story - epic, really - is nothing short of stunning. Usually introducing a new character (especially one that's a former romantic interest of one of our leads) is a recipe for disaster in fanfic, and to be honest I would've skipped right over this one if I hadn't just read another of your fantastic stories. You more than delivered on this one; you just blew my ass away. The complexity of your plotting surpasses basically anything that can usually be found on and seeing these characters as you write them is absolutely spellbinding. They're very uncertain and human and awkward and rough around the edges, and they're so real that I occasionally experience an impulse to either give them a hug or smack them upside the head. You're doing wonderful things here and I hope you continue to do them for a long, long time to come.
jaycee chapter 18 . 11/17/2002
okay. i just finished reading everything, and i am so sorry that i didnt

review sooner.

i found a link to your fic at CD. hillary said that its great and i trust

her judgement. so i decided to read it. i don't read alias fanfics as much

as i did before, because there a lot of fics that ive read that are not so

good so i decided to just read fics that are recommended.

and i am so happy that i read this one. it is soooo good. okay, so vaughn

and sydney didnt have a happy ending, but although we all know that someday

they will have that fairy tale ending that we all want (i hope), there's still

a possibility that vaughn will find love in other places before anything

happens with syd. and i love just how you did that.

i really like christine, and not only because she has the same name as me.

(my second name is christine. hehe... ) but because she's strong and she

knows what she wants to do. and everytime vaughn syas her name, i imagine that he's talking to me.

LOL. okay i'll stop...

anyway, thank you so much for sharing this fic with us. this piece of yours deserves so much more

reviews. it deserves a hundred reviews! so i wish that this long review of mine will be

considered as more than one review, okay?

you are so talented and i am so happy that i got the chance to read this. keep up the great

work and i look forward to reading more of your stuff.

taje care!

-J.C. (As you know, C is for Christine... :))
Fanatic482 chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
*trembling sigh* dear lord, the exquisite pain in the epilogue just wants to make me cry it's so beautiful. normally i'd beg for a sequel, but i think you've said all that needs to be said. and i just adore the whole thing as it is, painful or not
bulletproof chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
Ok, just... wow. I'm still having trouble breathing. Way to up the angst, Lara ;) It's been quite a ride
mojoco chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
It was really painful for me to read Sydney and Vaughn with such distance between them, and then Vaughn with someone else. The end makes me think there's a chance for them again. You're a talented writer and I always enjoy reading your stories.
angela evans chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
Wow, Lara, again you've taken my breath away...Your Vaughn is so achingly real in this and you've got the others down perfectly as well. Awesome job :)
Jen chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
Lara, That was absolutely incredible. Thank you. Thank you a million times over for the whole thing.

The Epilogue was so beautifully done. Tragic, moving, a stunning portrait of grief. Heartbreaking.

And I don't think I mentioned this in the last review, but Chris was an incredible OC. Complex, flawed and just beautifully drawn.

Bravo!
diana chapter 17 . 9/29/2002
Lara,

I'm out of town, out of state, I'm-not-meant-to-be-here at the moment, but what can I say? I was tempted.

And I want to say this is perfect. More fb in you inbox, but really... I'm envious. You've crafted this so well, so strongly, and I'm so, so sad to see this fic go. The epilogues fit. Everything fits, so amazingly well.

So, more gushing later. Thankyou again for posting this. :)

Diana
Kit37 chapter 17 . 9/28/2002
You asked for constructive criticism, does "wow" count?

I have enjoyed every aspect of this story, from its style and plot to the characterization and dialogue. Thank you so much for this wonderful experience. I hope you would be back with more in the near future.
icyfire chapter 17 . 9/28/2002
Lara,

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

I love the ending. It's perfect. :)

Your characters were great. The plot was wonderful. I adored Chris.

Thank you so much for taking the time to plot, research, write, rewrite, and rewrite some more. I truly appreciate all the work you put into this story.

Robin

Who is now anxious for the next Lara story :)
silgal7 chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
I'm sure I don't have to tell you that this is a freaking fabulous fic. You probably already know that. But still...this is an amazing fic.
Rach chapter 15 . 9/25/2002
Ohhhhhh man. Lara, you're making me tear up here. What a grrrrrrrrrrreat chapter. So vivid, so fast, so well-written. Thank you. :)
Fanatic482 chapter 15 . 9/24/2002
oh. god. i'm crying lara, for all the heart-wrenching emotions, the unexpected, though truly only perfect way for things to have ended, for the anguish in vaughn's empty soul.

god. i can't even imagine what's left for part three. this story is sooooo amazing in it's utter perfection. for it's creativity. for it's daringness.

poor poor chris...
icyfire chapter 15 . 9/24/2002
I'd already this before, but-

Wow. Poor Chris. Poor Vaughn. :(

I think that's all that needs to be said.

Robin
Jen chapter 15 . 9/24/2002
God. You're just killing me here. Freakin' fantastic chapter, Lara. I'm not good with in-depth reviews and whatnot. I just know what moves me, what keeps me on the edge of my seat, what has me gaping and leaning in closer to the screen. This is it. You can see and feel what's going on in the story. Just brilliantly done.

And I *love* Last of the Mohicans. :-)