Reviews for In Absentia
HouseIsMyVicodin chapter 3 . 12/18/2013
This is an amazing story I would love to see what happens next between house and cuddy
Caitlyn Laurie chapter 3 . 11/26/2013
Is there going to be a sequel?
Betz88 chapter 3 . 11/13/2013
I was perusing, hoping for something at least halfway readable. I saw the title and something rang a bell. A few words into the text told me it was familiar. I saw in one silly moment that you had liked the review I did not even remember writing. So I finished the story.
I'm sure that writing a tearjerker is not what you had in mind and I did not read it as such. What I did read it as, was something from life that, if one thinks about it, is like a fine piece of art that one displays proudly on a wall all by itself.
Your depictions of Gregory House, James Wilson and Lisa Cuddy are true to the characters they were at the onset of the series, and which lost more and more of their lustre as the series wore on. They so ruined Cuddy that after about season six, I couldn't stand her.
In this story, you brought back images of the way they were at the beginning, and reintroduced credibility and honesty that the production and writing staffs didn't do. You didn't throw House and Cuddy into bed with little regard for the characters' integrity. You introduced an original character who was true to her heritage and believable to readers.
You are one of the few writers I've ever read who got it right. Nothing was phony, nothing was maudlin.
Thank you very much!
Truly ...
Cuddy's Vicodin chapter 3 . 11/10/2013
My godness you got me so hung up on this story.. Looking forward to more!
newsession chapter 3 . 11/8/2013
Thank you. Well done.
lin12344 chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
GREAT
red2013 chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
great chapter with house and julie getting on with it.

red
dnkj chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful story. You tied up loose ends post series, made the concept of the long lost child not silly, brought nice closure and offered a future for House. Loved your dialogue and the inclusion of Chase and Foreman and even Stacey. I could easy see a second part or an ongoing series with Julie. Great job!
JLCH chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
Wow...I've been waiting for this moment...when they go and see Cuddy. Thank God Wilson wrote her and told her what he'd done.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
Really, really enjoyed this. And I like how you left the ends dangling.
BabalooBlue chapter 3 . 11/6/2013
Oh, Ale! I just came across this after seeing your tumblr post. This is magnificent! I understand completely that you HAD to write this. Sometimes ideas stick with us for what feels like forever. That only means they need to come out eventually. And this came out beautifully.

I love this. The back and forth between times, the way Wilson and House are both so completely in character, the way Julie is her own person; a strong person and not some sentimental House/Cuddy 'baby' looking for a perfect little family (I can see a lot of House AND Cuddy in her) and the way Wilson still 'meddles' in everyone's lives, but in a good way.

Like you, I've loved those characters for such a long time and this story, all chapters, just made me warm up inside and also well up a little. I love, love, love this story - especially the fact that it's not sentimental at all. That's not an easy thing to pull off, given the topic. But you've done this so well. Congratulations on a great story, Ale, and thanks for writing and publishing it!
Alex chapter 3 . 11/5/2013
Wonderfully written and I'm totally anticipating the face-to-face!
HuddyGirl chapter 3 . 11/5/2013
OMGGGGGGGG I AM NERVOUS!
Abby chapter 3 . 11/5/2013
Very good chapter.
IHeartHouseCuddy chapter 3 . 11/5/2013
I'm so excited, this is amazing! :)