Reviews for The White Rose of Vermilion
Cadmus8 chapter 27 . 10/19
This fic's update is gonna drop at the same time GTA6 is getting released. Which is to say, in 2078.
Chair chapter 27 . 9/20
glad to hear that
Sylphiemarthias chapter 27 . 9/12
Please update
Xaleraden chapter 27 . 8/1
Having been introduced to RWBY by a friend, I only recently discovered this fanfic. I really love the more medieval realistic style, and demonstration of issues that were present at the time. As a Christian, I really appreciate your well-balanced portrayal of the medieval church, acknowledging the (very serious) issues that were present, but also portraying some of the more positive aspects. If you see this, I hope you’re doing well.
ruby's plot armor is on another level in this chapter
Urtoryu chapter 27 . 3/2
"Typical Schnee. You are too kind." Say this to Jacques... (Okay, he wasn't born a Scheme, but you got the idea.)
I really liked this scene with Lutolf and Dhago, not only because of their interaction, but because of how different their culture and religion is. It is extremely rare to have this type of comradery between territories of different believes.
Urtoryu chapter 26 . 3/2
Curious, Blake is a faunus in here but Velvet isn't? Well, it would be way harder to hide bunny ears, so it makes sense.
Urtoryu chapter 25 . 3/1
Oh yes, the mighty and proud sentinels, the same ones that were knocked out by a little girl even when they had the help of multiple guardsman and sentries and she had low quality equipment. If she didn't have such a bad reputation I'm sure they would bring that up, such a shame...
Urtoryu chapter 24 . 3/1
I know I'm years in the future, so what you said on this chapter is not recent, but life is always hard, so I'm saying this to whatever conflict you might be having now.
First of all, I want to let you know that no matter how hard things are, there is always a change they'll get better. Even if they don't, in the middle of all the bad things, there are little good ones, focus on them. Life has many problems, but life also has countless good moments we tend to miss. It's in human nature to focus on the negatives, but the good is always there, you'll find it if you look for it.
Just look at what you wrote yourself. Ruby's and Yang's story might've been fruits of your imagination, but real life can be surprisingly similar to fiction.
Also, as someone who had suicidal thoughts before, don't waste your time thinking about it. In the end, dying is never a good option, people kill themselves thinking that even being a bad option, it is better then their other ones. But if you think about it, we are incapable of seeing all the options, so how would you know if there's not a better one? The future always has a chance of being better then the present, always.
About writing, don't feel like your obligated to write. If you don't want to, you don't need to push yourself. You don't write for other people, you write for yourself, and others just happen to like what you did. You shouldn't decide if you'll write by the amount of feedback you get, you should decide it by your own will. And if you feel the need to have people reviewing and liking your story, remember this: the important part is not the number of reviews you get, but what's written in each one of them. You know if your story is loved not because of how many people read it, but because of how much the ones who do love it. But if you do want to write, just know that it'll inevitable make others happy, there will be someone who'll love to see a new chapter.
Urtoryu chapter 23 . 3/1
Eleventh? 6th? Wasn't Ludolf the sixth warden and Ruby's company the 9th? Was it an error or did I miss something?
Also, I called it. Weiss talking to Ruby's superior could be very bad.
#KURIBAYASHI_LIVES
Urtoryu chapter 22 . 2/28
I quite like Leo and Simon, and I came to respect Cassius after his talk with Ruby, because of how honest he was and because he was respectful even when he clearly disliked her. So even though I really don't like Brutus, the sentinels are not so bad.
Also, I really hope Weiss doesn't end up making things worst than they already are, talking with Ruby's superior could be very good, or very bad for her.
#KURIBAYASHI_LIVES
Urtoryu chapter 20 . 2/28
And now that Ruby is in the military there's a war coming...
If this was written after volume 3 I'd be sure the hooded guy is Adam. Extremely good with a sword, the miner immediately recognized something in his face, which could have been the horns, has legions of faunus under his control, manipulative, everything seems to point at Adam. But this started before volume 3, so either you were ahead of time and put Adam in the story only knowing what Blake said about him and what was in the trailer. Or it's just another person, probably an OC. There's also the possibility you made him anonymous to buy time for you to only decide who it is after having more source material, but I doubt that. So I betting on either an OC or Adam.
Urtoryu chapter 18 . 2/28
Relax Ruby, I can assure you the god of your world approves Bumblebee, so it's not a sin. But they also approve White Rose, so you might consider not being that religious, cause it's pretty mean of their part.
Urtoryu chapter 17 . 2/28
Crecent Rose was normally in the form of a common scythe, but there were many scenes it transformed into a war scythe (like when Ruby cut that tree on volume 1) so I guess you could consider it one.

I was more surprised Ruby had to think that much to choose than what she chose. I would probably go for the bag right away. The moment he said he'd only tell what happened to Yang if she joined it was not a choice anymore. Having to abandon friends was already bad, but living the rest of your life without even knowing if she's alive is even worst than knowing she's dead. Besides, one option was permanet while the other was for 10 years, in the long term having a limit is better anyways. And that's without even saying that working for him would give her a good income, which there's no way to know she'd have if she was to start living in another city with only the 10000 lien. It's a lot, but losing money is not hard at all, her life could be worse than it was after leaving the orphanage. There are downsides, of course, but I think they are not nearly as bad as the ones for the other option.
Urtoryu chapter 16 . 2/28
Non lethal wounds huh... I think she had too much adrenaline to control the attacks so well in life threatening combat. When she said she purposely dealt non lethal hits I immediately doubted it remembering that she hit the first guy in the chest, I'm actually a little surprised he didn't die.
Now that I think about it, Cassius said it was thanks to God, and he probably survived for plot convince to avoid Ruby being a murderer, so in a way it really was the will of God (the author).
1,962 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »