Reviews for The White Rose of Vermilion
Dracko1243 chapter 27 . 4/23/2023
You are an amazing writer, so many chapters, you can feel the emotions of everyone you mention, even the more fleeting of side characters. Your word building is amazing, the level of depth you go into for this story is simply brilliant. Quite honestly I came here for that Whiterose stuff but stayed for the whole story, it’s just so damn good!

I feel kind of bad for not writing more reviews but I don’t write many, usually when finishing a completed work, this story though, you have created something amazing here. The great expanse of potential you have made for yourself, the world size and all of its lore. I love the characters, that you redeemed Cardin, that Weiss’ father is actually just a guy who lost his way a little and not some 2D terrible dad. Most of all, I am so interested to see how Ruby and Weiss grow, and how that would go. Enemies to lovers is good but I’ve never seen it like this for Whiterose before, alongside that very real medieval religious mindset Ruby, perhaps most people, has about certain things. I just want to see how you wrote all of that because so far, all of your stuff has been amazing!

I realise that it’s been years, around 4 at the time of writing this, since you last updated, but I hope that you do still feel a passion for this story, I only found it recently, last week or so actually, and have thoroughly enjoyed it so much, I would consider this one of my favourites even in it’s incomplete state.

Sorry for the text wall, hopefully that makes up for me only writing one review eh? I sincerely do hope you continue this story, I fell in love with the world you built honestly. The North remembers!
skrunklee chapter 26 . 4/17/2023
I'm not sure if you'll see this or if you still write, but I just wanted to say how much I love this story, I've held it very close ever since I first found in what seems like forever ago. You truly are such a talented writer that as I re-read I can't help but be captivated by how you write these characters, especially how ruby grows and changes as a character throughout the story, you've captured the contrast of how she was before having to join the (military? I'm not sure if that's the write word) and after with how she holds herself. I especially love the parts where at least to me I might be reading this wrong but how weiss relfects on her own morals? I get this feeling more so from the line "
I'm using her. And when she's served her purpose, I'll let her go." and in general her guilt(what I perceive as guilt I could be wrong TT TT) I'm unsure if this will every be picked back up but even if it isn't I will still forever enjoy re-reading through each chapter. I hope you're doing well 3
Shadowdoom286 chapter 27 . 4/5/2023
It's been like 3 years and some change since the last update. Is this story abandoned?
angelataku chapter 27 . 2/10/2023
ok so... I'm ever so grateful that this didn't end on a cliffhanger, but now that I have reached this point in the story I must say that there is a lack of whiterose but I think it's coming slowly but steady.
if the story it's still coming of course.
any way I liked it good job
angelataku chapter 24 . 2/9/2023
I liked thewas it punishment because I fancied mI think he didn't mean money ಡʖ ಡ it was a nice subtle way of hinting to Cardin's "tastes"? if you know what I mean
angelataku chapter 23 . 2/9/2023
ok so I had this question for a while now it's the war scythe like historically accurate or like just a big scythe like the show
angelataku chapter 18 . 2/9/2023
I was wondering what did "God" think of the homosexuals
angelataku chapter 17 . 2/9/2023
When Ruby said conscription I think that a small pause or something to create suspense would have been very good
angelataku chapter 19 . 2/9/2023
May they rest in peace
angelataku chapter 17 . 2/9/2023
is this the start of whiterose?
angelataku chapter 8 . 2/8/2023
Not what I was expecting but Ider way let's gooooooooo they finally meet
Kadessor chapter 27 . 1/18/2023
I really enjoyed this story I hope that one day you continue.

I find how you blended the world of RWBY with a alternate medieval world keeling the grim but removing all the crazy tech and magic. Seeing the daily struggle of the poor common people and watching Yang protect Ruby even at terrible cost to herself only to be broken and punished for it. I loved their relationship and feel it’s the strong point of the story the strength of their love and what they would do to be together.

The changes you made to the universe are interesting with a kinda semi game of thrones/life from 1000 years ago. How people were treated and expected to act based off their birth, trade, sex etc.

There are some inconsistencies but it’s not to jarring and I like most of the relationships. The only thing that’s a bit hard is the political stuff and plotting. I feel like focusing more on Ruby and Yang makes the reader more engaged on a personal level you could really make me feel sad both in anguish and happiness for them.

I hope you one day continue because I would love to know what happened to Yang and what Ruby will do.

Thanks for what you have already written.
Guest chapter 27 . 1/8/2023
This is easily one of the best stories I've ever read.
Thank you for writing it. It's amazing how you juggle developing characters and forwarding the plot so cleanly. I don't know if you intend to continue, but whether you do or not, thank you writing this story. It's made my day.
cheiadegracadeultra chapter 27 . 9/5/2022
Great story
Sabrii AT chapter 27 . 7/17/2022
I've never had so much patience in my entire life XD
1,983 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »