Reviews for Five Times Nyota Lost at Chess and the One Time She Won
Cacaudreamgirl chapter 1 . 4/27
Soooo good! I loved the way you built their love! Ur Stories are amazing! I loved this one!
Trista 3 chapter 7 . 3/10/2017
Very good! Well written and informative! Love Spock/Nyota!
Trista 3 chapter 7 . 3/10/2017
Very good! Well written and informative! Love Spock/Nyota!
Foxissofoxy chapter 7 . 11/30/2016
Another good story. Thank you!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/29/2016
Favorite Spock/uhura fiction yet. You captured them perfectly
Spuhura Addict chapter 7 . 3/23/2016
I am just discovering this story. Where have I been? I am loving your work.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/1/2015
So so so amazing and fun to read. I loved watching their relationship develop through chess and all the different situations you created with it. You're such an amazing writer for these two and I love reading your stuff!
tanseynz chapter 6 . 9/22/2015
About the fifth time of reading, and if possible, I enjoy it more each time. It's so subtle...
N chapter 6 . 5/13/2015
awwww sooooo loved every minute of it!
feelinglikecleo chapter 6 . 4/29/2015
That almost-kiss gave me heart palpitations... Thanks! This story is a gem 3
tanseynz chapter 7 . 4/8/2015
You are an extremely talented writer! What I love about this is the method in which you focus on the slow development of a relationship between two initially sober work-orientated people, yet weave throughout the joy and lightheartedness of Gaila. This gives gradually increasing warmth to their interactions as they move from strangers to colleagues to friends then to the most important person in each others lives.
This is supremely polished and professional writing, and I am in awe.
Alliecat445 chapter 7 . 3/17/2015
that was rely good and i loved reading it
Rine Wolve chapter 7 . 1/24/2015
I... I loved this!
I've stayed till late in the night to finish it. I'm still trying to find my words to review it seriously, but all I can get are very emotional bursts, like: "Wow!", "Oh my God!" and a feeling like I could cry.
I've read it because I wanted a break from The Place Between. And it's quite the pleasant break: it's exactly the smooth, unstoppable development of a perfect relationship that everyone thinks it's... logical, for Nyota and Spock. Expressions like "meant for each other", "twin flames", "too good to be true" and the like, come to mind. It's so easygoing, it's refreshing. Happy ending, perfect world, exactly the kind of break you want from cruel reality, that leaves you sighing for more like that in your everyday life.
As to the writing technique... are you sure you're not a certified writer? Because you should be. I know you probably get this a lot. And with good reason. You are careful, thorough, when you need to and elusive and allusive, when it's required. You invent just the right amount of detail to keep the story fluent and the characters... in character :) and stick to enough canon so as to still make it feel like Startrek.
You describe feelings and sensations both accurately and beautifully. For example, I'm in love with that expression you usually use to explain the feeling of Spock's proximity: "the heat washing over her". It's so specific that I can almost feel it myself.
There is a phrase in my language, that literally translates to "sipping someone's words" and means to be listening or reading something raptly. And that's what I did with your story: I've 'sipped' your every word, hugging my pillow and going aww!
I've also laughed at Gaila's interventions, especially when she threw things at her wet-dreaming roommate. Talk about sexuality backfiring at her.
Also, I find your references to the comic and the movie witty and inspired.
You make writing look so easy and I know it's not.
To conclude, although I also hold Redamancy, As This River Rolls Along and Down that Road Tonight close to my heart, it is my personal opinion that this is your best romantic piece yet. And I bet it's slightly based on some reality facts ;)
Please! Write more like this! Or better yet, don't! 'Cause you'll be keeping me dreaming wide awake.
I would also be curious to read something original from you.
Angela chapter 7 . 12/31/2014
Beachgirl25 chapter 7 . 10/26/2014
Love it! Wonderful story!