Reviews for Late Night Office Light
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 10 . 9/18/2017
It's about time they kissed
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 9 . 9/18/2017
This definitely is a nice change. More romance needs to be in this story.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 8 . 9/18/2017
Cute with the little fluff moment
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 7 . 9/18/2017
Yeah the recoil from a shotgun is powerful. I remember the first time I was at a shooting range and used a shotgun I had bruises on my right shoulder.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 6 . 9/18/2017
Okay I definitely liked this one with the slight fluff.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 5 . 9/18/2017
I don't think I could do bad poetry. Bad puns yes, poetry no.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 4 . 9/18/2017
You know since he has all that cereal in his kitchen makes you wonder what is in his fridge.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 3 . 9/18/2017
You know I never thought about it like tgat. Adam could smoke and he wouldn't even get lung cancer due to his augs.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 2 . 9/18/2017
Well then clearly I'm not a hero in my playthroughs. I like to kill the enemy. And if I get a head shot even better.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 1 . 9/17/2017
There is so few Adam x Malik stories here that it's nice to read this. I've read this before when you first wrote it but never replied. I'm replaying Human Revolution and felt the need to read some AxM stories.
I love prototype chapter 10 . 2/21/2016
This is very good. Jensen/Malik are one of my favourite pairings. Hope you update soon. Your writing style is flawless
HaywireEagle chapter 10 . 1/21/2016
It is less a story and more along the lines of snippets of a story.
HaywireEagle chapter 3 . 1/21/2016
You made Adam a smoker? That is kind of meh to me. That is unlike his character in every way.
Guilliman chapter 10 . 6/30/2015
This is great nice to see some jensen malik love
Stewart M chapter 10 . 3/14/2015
I generally agree with the other reviewers, so I'll try not to repeat much.

To me, the central appeal of the relationship between the two characters is this: Deus Ex is a very dark noir. Everyone with an ounce of power engages in some form of abuse, deceit, or depravity. The victims who aren't already spiritually broken can be just as bad getting even. Even the "good" guys are so compromised that they're mainly good by comparison.

In other words, every character that Mr. Jensen gets to know will eventually try to use him or try to end him. The conspicuous exception? Faridah Malik.

From the first meeting, she's clearly the only person in Detroit who refuses to act like she's living in a conspiracy theory. She's upbeat, she's caring, she's tough, she has friends and hobbies, she likes her job. She's normal. She reacts to the crumbling world around her like a sane, decent human being. If that's not unique in the game, it's close.

Likewise, from the very start, she and Jensen have a normal friendship. That's also unique. Even before his surgeries (and losing his girlfriend and his dog), it's clear he's a stoic, cool professional. After the surgeries, most conversation options make him a friggin' robot. People are another hurdle to get a job done, and he doesn't often care enough to even disguise that. Malik is the only person with whom he sounds like he just wants to, you know ... chat. I always found that refreshing.

Even in her side-mission in Hengsha, where she plays a little sketchy with him (e.g., revealing that she can secretly listen to whatever he hears if she wants to), it's obvious he doesn't consider any of it a real betrayal and forgives her immediately. And his trust proves to be justified.

And that's what's special. He reminds her that the fight isn't lost, not matter how dark it gets. She reminds him that he's human. The last two people in the world with true integrity deserve each other. Even if it's only as pals.

This is a long-winded way of saying that the author gets this. That's why this was a joy to read.

Beyond that, the nuts and bolts of the story were good to great across the board. Excellent use of sensory description, which is appropriate for such a tactile, sensuous setting. Fun dialogue. An acceptable level of sappy. Solid pace. Creative additions to the plot without breaking it.

In short, thank you.