Reviews for Shifting Circles
Guest chapter 13 . 5/31/2014
I don't know if you still write fanfiction for Tamora pierce's Circle Opens, but I was wondering. At the end of your fic Shifting Circles, you hinted at a possible romance between Tris and Keth. You did such a good job with Shifting Circles, that I was hoping you would be willing to write one for them. Kind of like Shifting Circles? Thank you, it was just a suggestion.
maka loves chocolateee chapter 13 . 11/25/2012
OH THT WAS AWESOMEE!
Abralovesbooks chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is fantastic! PleasepleasepleasePLEASE write a sequel!
zenbon zakura chapter 13 . 10/15/2011
lol poor daja is she no bi with captian penmic? as for tris keth isnt that bad at all lol next thing you know keth and evy make a stone dragon when randomly practicing. what happened to the two cooking mages daja found in frost fire?

hurry update!
Lady Light chapter 13 . 5/30/2011
awesome fic! :D
Ruinous Crow chapter 13 . 5/10/2011
This was amazing. You've kept everyone incredibly in character, all the while having an interesting and unique plot. If I didn't know better, I'd have said you were Tamara Pierce herself.
Review chapter 13 . 3/11/2011
This is exactly what fanfiction is supposed to be. It has an engaging story about characters we already love, written in a style uncannily similar to the original. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that this was Pierce's work under a pseudonym. (And I don't know any better.)

Your Briar is exactly as protective of Evvy as I needed him to be, and Sandry's responses to him, at least, were spot on. The introduction of the captain of the guard (was he actually in canon?) was an interesting character arc in its own right. I particularly liked the scene where the commoners want to back Haman because if he is evil and wins, there is less of a risk. The way he broke free of the crowd was exactly right for his character and position in the story. I am a little unclear about why Tris's uncle/the rest of the merchants get off the hook? Even if they weren't part of the plot, they still had weapons aimed at the harbor. A little bit more complex apportionment of blame wouldn't bog the denouement down too much, I think.

The story itself was a lot of fun, too. It is just the sort of thing that I'd expect to find in Emelean, and the (narrative) motive force of a (mostly) honorable and *independent* court system fits into the world nicely. It would be interesting to see more about the cabal of rogue Lightsbridge mages, maybe in a companion piece? Pretty please?

I'm sure I could come up with more things about this work that I like, but I'll content myself with the above and the assurance that this is good and you should feel good.
KittyKatt357 chapter 13 . 1/22/2011
What a wonderful story, the best fanfiction I have ever read! You have the makings of a fantastic author. My complements!
Nenfi chapter 13 . 11/5/2010
This story truly captivated me. I am quite appalled, to say the least. I didn't expect many people on this website to write as well as you both have. There are some words on here, though, that are misspelled, and other punctuation problems. They're not major. I'm not sure anyone else caught them, but I am ridiculously hung up on the subject of English.

Again, I tell you both that you did an amazing job. I would enjoy it if you did another work, that is, if you both would like to-or just one of you, I'm not sure what's going on with that now... I encourage you both, though, to keep writing. I plan on reading anything else either one of you has written, and I also expect to enjoy it as I had this one.

Thank you for reading my review, and my constructive criticism. I hope you do not take that harshly, as it was not intended for that. You both did a great job, and I again congratulate you.

~~Bella Numbers~~
mercuryandglass chapter 13 . 10/15/2010
I love the keth/tris implications!

this is great.
L.A.H.H chapter 13 . 8/3/2010
Fantastic story! Thanks for writing it. x
Mistmantle chapter 13 . 7/30/2010
That was a great story, Im not usually much for Sandry/Briar, but that was really cool how you put everything together. :)
Mistmantle chapter 10 . 7/30/2010
this was cool! i was wondering where Tris would come. i love the originality too :)
Eiladwyn chapter 11 . 7/20/2010
Hello, just wanted to say this story is AMAZING.

It reads like an extension of the Tamora Pierce books, and although I haven't read them in years I feel like doing so now.

Your plot is interesting and multi-layered, and your characters have depth and act extremely realistically.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us, both of you )
NocturnalMorning chapter 13 . 6/15/2010
that was wonderful! the story progressed smoothly and made complete sense (which is not something I can say for a lot of stuff) thanks for posting!