Reviews for A Rose Grows in Mossflower
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 2 . 4/1
Very nice, quite well written, really seems to fit Jacques' style of writing. And very nice premise! Keep up the good work!
StarlingChild4 chapter 1 . 1/23
Oh my goodness... I adore Redwall and I adore the sixth novel, "Martin the Warrior," but always felt devastated reading about Rose's death. I love your alternative ending, and you do a fine job honoring Mr. Jacques literary style (as well as the Mole-speech; I'm rather impressed!). Well done, keep it up! :)
RandomNonSequitur chapter 2 . 1/3
I like this a lot. I love fics where Rose is alive. Please write more!
MissJEDoe chapter 2 . 12/26/2013
Thank you for updating! Whatever anyone else says, I thinkthere's always room for another well-written Martin/Rose fic. The only problem is that I'm terrified it's going to have a tragic ending (or middle!)
Hamlet chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Dear justcallmefaye,
Heh heh, I figured out how to turn off the spellcheck on my computer: I got a typewritter!
-Hamlet
Shade the Hero Project-X chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
What a wonderful start to an awesome story! Mr. Jacques would be proud. :) The battle of spices between Ballaw and Keyla was hilarious and I look forward to reading more. By the way, I thought you did fantastic with the mole speech. It's hard to understand and even harder to write. "Hurr, bain't nuthin' loik a liddle moler talk to give us'ns readers a taste of a real redwall tale, burr aye!" Forgive my fail attempt, it's been a while since I've read a Redwall book thanks to the Warriors series. I've only recently started reading Mossflower again. I look forward to finding out what happens in this lovely tale. :)
Lady Storm chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
Aww. This was so unbearably sweet and made me smile so much while reading it. I had forgotten about this fic, but it's so well written and headed in an interesting direction that I look forward to the next installment.
YupThatsMySock chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Rose's death was, to me, the most tragic death in the Redwall canon. I'm so thrilled that you're reworking the story to incorporate her presence. This is my favorite romance in the Redwall series (Well, Tam and Armel are up there too) and I was so disappointed when Jacques was unable to play it out according to canon. Thank you, and I hope you write more soon!
Paradoxium chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
It's good, I'm such a huge MAJOR fan of Martin and Rose stories and it seems there arn't very many! There isn't much to your story yet, the plot definitely is still a little unfocused, seeing as I'm really not sure we're it's going but hopefully all questi
Roaming Reader chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Oh, bravo! Wot, wot. 'Tis rare to see a writer pay such attention to detail as you, my good fellow. Also, I was wondering if someone would write something like this. Glad to see I wasn't the only one to think of it. Do carry on.

Reeedwaaaalll!
Freya Thorine chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Gotta love it when you see another MartinxRose fanfic up on the board! Well written and interesting- I'll be watching for an update!

Sorry, it's not a longer review- I never have much to say on the first chapter...

Cheers and sharp quills,
FT
MissJEDoe chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
I hope you post more of this! I started reading it in school and was too emotional after the first few paragraphs to continue so I carried on at home and then BAM I RAN OUT OF WORDS TO READ! It's really nicely written - it feels like a proper Redwall novel, which is fabulous.
Good work, young'un.
Thomas the Traveler chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Right then, for the author's notes, let me say from experience that a writer will usually plan out all his/her stories long before he/she publishes the first one. Therefore I doubt it would have been any different had they been published in chronological order (plus there is no way we can know in what order they were written). However that is only my personal view, and it does not mean I'm not glad to see another living Laterose fanfiction! Another for the LC! And by the way, mole speech does the same thing for me, along with vermin accents.

The explanation of survival makes more sense then any I've heard yet (most just say her pulse was checked wrong). The hotroot soup contest was hilarious! Though I do wonder what version of the recipe they were using.

As for questions, do you have any plans on how long this will be? Most LL fanfictions are much to short, and I've been hoping someone would do a long one soon. Till next chapter! Good afternoon!
Lady Storm chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Excellent! I loved the hotroot eating contest. The molespeech looks fine, but I *LOVE* how you write Ballaw's dialogue. It's marvelous. Overall this is very well written, it's a little more verbose and elegant than Jacques' own writing style, but that's to be expected whenever someone other than him picks up a pen. My point is that this is almost perfectly written in Redwall style, but prettier. I'm very excited for the next chapter! Thank you for writing this, and giving us the privilege of reading it.