Reviews for This Destiny Was Before Me
bluellaby chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Reading this gave me a thrill.
I can definitely see Adelaide yearn for Helena, and hang onto every tiny reminder of her, really.
Not knowing has been a torture to her, and finally she's going to get answers. Down the rabbit hole, then!
Oh, the endless wonder and Claudia with ker "Knock, knock." Fantastic, btw! Squeal of delight!
It's amazing that you write a story about the lost young girl (very convincing and touching), but manage to give us everything we need to know about HG and Myka along the way. Both meetings of Adelaide and Myka were perfect. I love the latter, specially that little moment with Myka's ring.
Wonderful. Jo bless you :)
Ampersand21 chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
THIS.
This is pure awesome. This is what has to happen, surely? Like, I know that there may not be enough time in the final episodes to cover all of it (at least if we believe Jack Kenny). But I swear that right now, this is basically the best possible ending we could have, isn't it? And Adelaide would be an awesome agent. And just out of curiosity- when you wrote about the counsellor, did you have Abigail in mind? Because I kind of instantly thought of her...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
What a great story. I read it last night and found myself thinking about it off and on today. Thank you for writing it for us. It had a good ending, BUT, if you were feeling the need to write more about Adelaide, I would love it. I wanted to see her be able to talk with Helena. :) I'd rather read a beautiful story like this-that leaves me wanting more- than one that was ok and answered everything.
MiDushiNoSushi chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Dude, your summary does not do this fix justice at all. This was such an awesome read. It was perfect, but also way too short for my liking. You made Adelaide such an interesting character without even taking liberties with her character. You just expanded on what we were initially shown about her and it worked so well. I feel like I KNOW Adelaide. I wish that I could have seen her develop a relationship with HG, but I also liked how you created a connection with Myka. You also shaped Adelaide's life with this constant craving for this unknown.. This is definitely among my favorite fanfics. I hope you'll consider turning this into a series..
SpecialAgentWho13 chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Fantastic! I'm at a loss for words to describe how much I enjoyed this fic. Excellent work, I especially loved the ending!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
I loved this! Adelaide seemed like such an interesting character, it really was a shame that she had to be Nate's daughter and left out to drift in the ocean of forgotten, unimportant characters... Thanks for giving her life again. And I would absolutely love to read more about Adelaide's introduction to the Warehouse and reconciliation with Helena ;-)
KnowAWaterlilly chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Thank you for sharing this beautiful outline of Adelaide's life. It is very lovely written.
And while I slowly started to expect where you where leading her life towards, I broke up into a smile when Claudia showed up.
Again, thank you very much for sharing this! It will from now on be my canon :-)