Reviews for Melody Powers and the Temple of Doom
J. Francis Marion chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Very funny satire.
Evilstrawberry chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
This was exactly how some people act when they get falmes! (*cough::me::cough*) But...well, not Daria. I liked this story, but I had to read it as an origional fic and forget who the characters were supposed to be. Reading it that way, it's just so funny!
DoctorDoom chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
As a fanfic, it's very good. As a Daria fic, something's wrong... out-of-character, anyone ?

A second part probably wouldn't help that, but I hope we'll see one _
iccess-america chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
hahahahaa

That was great!

That happened to me with my Save the Last Dance fic

They gave ma a LONG review saying 'your writing obviously leaves something to be desired but you need to go into detail' blah blah. I sent them an e-mail saying how much I appreciated their review and stuff and they replied and were in complete shock and apollogized. Even though the other part of their reply sounded condescending but that is forgiven.

I think I like your method a little more *Smirk*\

ICCESS
Nobody chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
Well written, but the problem I have is that you're basically glorifying the flamer, and making it look like Daria should just accept people who don't understand her work at all telling her that it stinks. Maybe if you less critical of other people's writing, like you are in your reviews, your students wouldn't be so ungrateful. If you grade them the same way you review people's writing, what are they supposed to be grateful for?
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Don't use your fan fiction as react-a-story. THAT'S immature.
Ace Trax chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Uhhhh since when Daria can become so bitchy, when it comes to get her fanfiction-work criticized? In this story Daria behaves very immature, but very very very realistic for an immature person. Like in real life. Great Effort.

4 out 5 stars
Ronin2 chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
Now why didn't I think of it? Kudos!
Mo-Mo The Cat chapter 1 . 10/16/2002
Hey grl. Loved the story. It shows how when a writter gets bad reviws you

get angery. Daria's Reaction was perfect!

Mo-Mo The Cat 0)
Frodo Liv3s chapter 1 . 10/8/2002
This was GREAT! It TOTALLY portrays how people really do act when they get bad reviews! They go into those peoples profiles and trash all of their stories...not that I'd know...*shifty eyes*
chastity666 chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Cool story! Although I'm not a fanfiction writer, I can understand the sensitivity an artist has when harshly criticized. But, it is all part of the game. You must take both good and bad. Think of it this way, even if a fic is good or bad, at least the person is reading it to give an opinion for review. Directors and actors don't get offended when a critic says their movie sucks, they're happy that someone went to spend money to watch it.

Don't take criticism personally. Take it as, "oh well, you can't win the admiration of everyone on the planet. They can't all love my fic, but thanks for taking the time to read it anyway!"

Until then! Ja ne!
adsfguy2002 chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
hmm. I think i would have liked it more if the Authors note was posted at the start of the story, instead of the end. That way, Daria acting differently would have made more sense to me. I'm sorry to hear someone took you constructive critism to heart, remember even on there's always going to be wierdos.
Rhianwen chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
[Giggles insanely]

Man, this was great! No pains taken with subtlety, as I suppose that subtlety is always dangerous when trying to make a point.

I must admit that I blushed guiltily over some things (I can relate to being initally angry when receiving what is honestly very helpful feedback, although I don't take it to the lengths of insulting the reviewer's stories to make a point), and when reading the description of Jane, who gave feedback that, while glowing, wasn't a lot of help.

Anyway, hilarious. I love your writing style, and the ending has me still giggling. Ah, crossovers... :o)
Rendia chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
LOL. That cracked me up. Sorry, I can't give more than a 2 or 3 line review (it's very late). I don't actually think that Daria would take it so personal, but I don't know. It makes it hard to write in character when the show has been off the air since January. I would have liked a little more detail in this story, it seemed like you were rushing through it (not trying to give this reviewer a point or anything) but, like I said, it as funny.
Brother Grimace chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
This story reminds me of several very important things - chief among them, that I need to firmly remove my head from my buttocks while reading reviews, and I also need to take into account the story AND ONLY the story when reviewing.

P.S. This is the very first R.B. fanfic that I've read. Maybe I should read more, and sharpen up my blade while I'm at it... :-) Keep opening eyes, milady. You're good at it.