Reviews for A Matter of Perception
Kitade chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
I like the attempt bond the two of them here, but the whole day-night comes off as unnecessarily heavy to me, you know? :) Shad's not out in the spotlight so I could see where the comparison could come from but there's nothing really linking him to the "night" beyond that. He's a pretty chipper fellow and all. Also, I'd resist throwing in Japanese terms into a Zelda game at all, especially since Shad's not a hikikomori? He might be a bit soft-spoken but he's pretty proactive. I'm not sure what you meant by that.

I'm not saying I dislike this, not at all. Shad's dialogue was quite good and I like Link using nature metaphors to express himself. Shad and Link don't have a sword swinging kind of relationship so I'm happy there are attempts to build it through words, yeah? Shad is one of my favorite Zelda characters and fleshing him out is great, and expanding on his limited interaction with Link is even better. I'd love to see more from you and your interpretation of the two!
saiyuri-dahlia chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
You have no idea how happy I was to see something Shad/Link appear, something that I hadn't written. I like the image of Shad and Link out in the rain holding hands toward the end. It brings me happiness to imagine. I don't think the comparison of a hokkimori quite works for Shad. A hokkimori-Shad would be held up in his home, not interacting at Telma's and running around Hyrule checking the Owl Statues. It's not really him.

Also Shad is actually about Link's age (referring to a line where, 'Shad looked...at the teen'). and I'm not sure if he would be drinking alcohol at his age. Depends on what the legal drinking age is in Hyrule and that's not a question Shigeru Miyamoto has probably ever considered the answer for...

Overall, however, I like this fic and I would like to see more Shad/Link from you, especially if it is a bit less vague and desultory as you put it. Your dialogue for Shad is quite right, though I would add a few more 'I say' and 'old boy' in but that's just me. All in all, I'd be happy to read more from you.

I hope to read more soon.