beanie-art1 chapter 75 . 1/12/2013
Ahh no pippin don't die D: great chapter really can't wait for more :D don't prolong the updates too long though else I may start suffering withdrawal symptoms OO and thank you for the game rules, I'm gonna have fun playing that:D
Pip4 chapter 75 . 1/11/2013
I wondered why you didn't go with Gimli in the last chapter because he was the one that found Pippin in the book. But I like how you explained that in this chapter. The exchange between Smagnu and Merry was cool. I loved how they finally got the names right. I also like the bit where Smagnu talks about looking at people base don appaerances.

Now I really want to know what's gonna happen, it looks like they've used all their lifelines as it were. But I'm kinda bummed there's only three chapters left. I've kinda gotten used to this being the neverending story.

Hope your rootcanal and recovery go okay.
Greywonderer chapter 74 . 1/8/2013
As ever, spoilers beyond this point:

First, I like the protective way that Smagnu continues to look after Pippin. I like that he won't let down his guard until he is instructed to do so by Merry. I also loved this line: ("So you say," Smagnu grunted, "But I ain't seen him do much healering yet!") Smagnu needs evidence and so far, he hasn't seen it.

I love the casual way that Pippin manages to just listen to everyone discussing if he should be alive or dead. Pippin seems willing to take whatever outcome he gets where as Merry is determined to fight for Pippin's life.

I'm very worried about the choice of Strider rather than Gimli. I hope they don't just look at Strider worrying and knowing they haven't found Pippin yet and they watch and listen long enough to know that Gimli does find Pippin alive!

I find myself wondering about this whole correcting of the timeline weaving thing...Do they intend to fix it so that it will be as if none of this happened or do they simply mean for it to come out with all of those alive that were meant to be alive? I know they plan to improve the future for the Orcs and I can't see how they can do that and restore the full timeline, but I do wonder where they might be going in their attempts to mean the weaving.

(Boromir of Minas Tirith died before these occurrences and will soon pass over to join his ancestors.) I notice that you've cleared up Boromir's future in this part.

Sorry to be so slow reviewing this time but the cold I've had has really knocked me on my, well, I haven't felt at all well. Hence the mention of Gutfrey when I meant to say Grubbus. I want a happy ending for the first gardener in Orc history.

It's amazing that some mushroom spores managed to change history. It's the chaos theory only without the butterflies. Unless the butterflies are responsible for spreading the spores...

And I must say how amazing it is to me that you have managed to keep all of the events of the story working but working within a different framework. It's such a complex series of events in the way that the Professor set them forth and yet, you have managed to orchestrate them into a whole new pattern without losing the story! Bravo!
beanie-art1 chapter 74 . 1/8/2013
Oh I forgot to ask, there's a word game that fro do and Sam play (can't remember what chapter) how do you play it/ what are the rules, as it looks like a very fun game to pass the time with, and a great way to improve vocabulary :D
beanie-art1 chapter 74 . 1/7/2013
This story is amazing, and I can't believe how long it is and yet there hasent been a single dull moment :D please update soon I need to know what happens in the end O_O
Guest chapter 74 . 1/3/2013
Oh I love where this ended. I was right there with Merry, thinking "Go farther forward, don't assume." You'd think after they failed killing themselves already, the Valar would know to look further to the point where they actually ceased to be. The diversion back into the normal proceeding of things was cool.
Pippinfan1988 chapter 74 . 1/3/2013
Omgosh! How wonderful! How surreal! I love it that Merry and Pippin are standing toe-to-toe with the Valar and hopefully besting them at their own game. But I suppose we can't leave Manwe and the Lady Vaire to clean up the stringy, woven mess, now can we? Merry is fantastic at thinking on his feet! When I grow up, I want to be just like him. :-P It's wonderful to read Merry and Pippin's story line and see how it all is coming together.

The more loose ends to tidy up, the better. :-) Of course I trust, and it's justified with every new chapter. Take care!
Greywonderer chapter 73 . 12/27/2012
Sorry I'm late reviewing and recc'ing this time but I have had the flu and also been out of town so, there's the excuses part of the review.
Now, this will be full of spoilers for the chapter so don't read this review unless you've read the chapter already.

I know how Merry feels. He's been through so much and then to just wake up or have his mind return from its journey and be expected to know what's what is a bit much. I should think it would be like serious jet lag of the brain.

("Your brother is more than just a hero," Legolas sank down on his haunches in front of the orc and took both the gnarled hands in his. "He is to be the liberator and saviour of all orc-kind."

"I dun't understand," Sniggin put his head on one side and looked quizzically back at the elf. "I fought he wuz dead.")
That gave me a laugh. After all, either you're dead or you're not. Sniggin seems to be having some of the same issues that Merry is. It's too much to take in at once.

When Bloggin takes over Pippin's body to say his last goodbye and deliver instructions, I really feel sorry for Merry. At first he thinks it's Pippin and then he is so worried that Bloggin will somehow get to keep Pippin's body. When all of this is over, Merry is going to need a few stiff drinks and a long vacation.

I'm glad Boromir is waiting with Pippin and it is so like Pippin to forget to find out details like when or if he is getting his body back. No wonder Merry has to worry. Pippin seems to have forgot all about worrying.

I love the way Pippin talks to Elbereth. He is respectful but he is very casual like he is just taking to a friend.

It seems as if Eroo has the entire thing well in hand. I love that he is talking in a way that helps Bloggin understand and helps him to continue. I also am glad that Pippin is helping and Gandalf too.

I really enjoyed the laws! That was great. Between Pippin's mind and the way the Orcs translated it all, it was such fun.

And poor, poor, Merry! When Pippin's body goes limp it is so very terrible for him. But being Merry, he is still determined not to give up. I hope he is able to do something here. He has fought so very hard through all of it. Merry isn't the kind to give up and I think his efforts should be rewarded.

I'm very glad to know that you haven't finished with Smagnu and I am also hoping that Sam's gardening buddy, Gutfrey(may very well have spelled this wrong but remember, I've been sick.) is going to be sticking around. I need to know if he manages to become a gardener and if he does, is Sam the one that helps him? I am curious to know if the fell beasts got to mate too. Will there be the pitter patter flap flap of little feet and wings? And is that really a good thing?
ebbingnight chapter 73 . 12/25/2012
These 10 commandments for Orckind may need some interpretation, of course: but they seem as good as anything for starters, as Gandalf points out. Let's hope that orc scholars to come interpret them correctly!
Pip4 chapter 73 . 12/23/2012
Haha, I love the image of Pippin speaking like an orc, that was a great bit. And Merry being adamant of him not completely taking over Pippin's body was great. When reading the rule bit I had this image of a bunch of orcs acting with rather hobbit like manners. Can't wait to see how things work out in the next chapter with Pippin. The ending of this one was very sweet, what with Bloggin leaving and Merry still wanting to keep Pippin from dying. Loved that Bloggin got an Ernil name.
Joban chapter 73 . 12/23/2012
Merry will find a way to bring Pippin back, I'm sure of that :))) so I'm not rattled at all. But there's always a little bit of doubt when I start thinking...what if this is how you wanted the story to be like O.o so now you've started the what-ifs in my head, so I'm definitely gonna be watching my update box on your story like a hawk. I liked the part where the one Orc was all "is spitting still ok" hahahahah! And I also loved how you threw in rules from pippin's childhood, that was cool. So when bloggin was in pippin's body he could remember thoughts that pippin once had? Kind of like reading a book? Over all great as usual! Hurry hurry!
Pippinfan1988 chapter 73 . 12/22/2012
Wow! Merry's wound up and on fire! Gandalf would do well go get out of the hobbit's path before he finds himself standing before Illuvatar and has some explaining to do. :-P I just love the bond between those two cousins! Merry and Pippin are so close that if Pippin had an itch on his nose Merry would also feel it and scratch it. I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next!

Loose ends? No, I don't think there are any - at least, none that I see. You are doing a brilliant job with keeping the pace and harmony in this wonderful tale. My brain would have fizzled a long time ago! This is your story, and you are writing it spectacularly!
ebbingnight chapter 72 . 12/21/2012
Well, although I was wrong about what I thought might happen, given the presence of Eroo a'Rerro, I was right about one thing.

Miracles DO happen!

And this chapter was wonderful beyond belief: Tolkien himself might well have approved this astonishing idea of the "harrowing" of the quagmire of dead Orckind, starting with Bloggin's lost mother.

More miracles to come, please?
FantasyFan chapter 72 . 12/19/2012
First of all, I am very sad. Because I thought I had signed up for notifications on updates to this story, and I never got any - so I missed all of the new chapters since your vacation until now.

Secondly, I am very sad. Really, the end of this chapter brought a tear to my eye, as Bloggin's reward for his selflessness is to be reunited with and to redeem his mother, and to see his brother once more. It's a wonderful thing you've done, truly. My heart is just overflowing for him, because even though he's dead, he's eager for his new purpose. And I have no doubt he'll be successful, with the guidance of Eroo. Does Pippin actually have to give him up, though? I can understand it might have been necessary for him to be willing to do it, but I imagine Eroo is certainly capable of being two places at once. it is lovely to think that Piipin has been watched over all his life, molded for this very special purpose (not coerced, though. that would be a very different thing).

But even if he does really have to give him up, I am not sad about Pippin. Not at all! Not only is he not dead (which of course you had given us clues for all along), he's recovered more than his speech. He's recovered his spunk, daring to question the Valar. In typical Pippin fashion, he cut right to the heart of the matter, and made even the wise recognize that they must occasionally question their assumptions and the prevailing wisdom. I don't imagine they get challenged a lot, but they Took it well (pun kind of intended). Elbereth especially did not disappoint in her grace and wisdom. I have all confidence that there will be a reward for Pippin as well, and that it must involve returning to Merry, who never gave up, and the rest of the company, where he is missed.

Through all of this long, glorious adventure I have never forgotten the start of it - that two hobbits were recaptured by the Uruk-Hai in Fangorn, and that things went on from there. Now that we're close to the end, it's good to see that reexamined, and given a purpose much higher and more mysterious than could have been anticipated in a tale with so many twists and turns. I am looking forward to the final chapters. It really feels like it is all wrapping up.
Joban chapter 72 . 12/15/2012
Thank you! :) I loved this chapter. The creation of the job for bloggin' to do was so cute! I thought it was adorable how he asked to find his mom first, if only I could hug fictional character- my life would be complete! I'm glad merry and pippin are finally back together, it's been a long time. They're just a package deal, much better together :))) can't wait for more!
1,227 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »