Reviews for Headmaster Snape
Verisimilitude1218 chapter 1 . 1/26
Awesome. Just awesome. There are no other words. Awesome job, my friend. I love it
flight9 chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Very sad, but very lovely!
Adina2938 chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Amazing...I actually cried
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Very nice, thank you for sharing
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Superb! Beautiful! Bittersweet!
Delphi Psmith chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Nothing like crying like a baby on a Sunday afternoon ::snif::
This is really well done...
Emerald Ashes chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
This is really quite a well-written, fascinating look at canon. Perhaps this is implied and I merely didn't notice, but it's worth noting that - if Snape is Voldemort's mirror - then Voldemort himself likely wished to be headmaster. Hogwarts was his first home, too, and he wished to be the DADA professor. Headmaster is obviously the next step. In any case, great job with this piece.
aalens chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Wow. I loved this, absolutely loved it. Depressing? Well, in some ways perhaps, but uplifting at the same time. I had much the same reaction to this story as many years ago I had to 'A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch'. This is a gem of a fic. Many thanks.
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Well done, and even if I didn't believe in this take on the story, I'd find it believable. Makes me think of 'Those Winter Sundays:' love's austere and lonely offices.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I always love your take on Snape, Bil, and you don't disappoint here. The idea of Snape as Voldemort's mirror is very convincing.
duj chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Your stories are always thought-provoking and deeply touching, but I can't say I believe Snape thought of Hogwarts as home. JK wanted us to, no doubt, when she put that description into Harry's head, but what did Harry ever understand about Snape? (Or anything, really. He's not a perceptive chap.)

And your Minerva can't possibly be telling the truth. Her reaction in canon was, "We all wondered ... but he trusted ... always ... Snape ... I can't believe it ..." She didn't believe in *Snape*. She believed in Dumbledore, and his supposed omniscience.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
A great introspection for everyone who buys into JKRs big fairy tale of the redempted, guilt-ridden, reluctant spy Severus Snape.

But to get a glimpse of the truth you'll have to look deeper than into the pleasantly upbeat "Prince's tale"'s morals... and compare two teachers deeply entrenched in the ways of the Dark to the behavior of Severus during all his time as an "undercover agent". Does he act more like Amycus Carrow or like Quirinius Quirrell? Amycus is a convinced Death Eater and was let loose onto the undeserving students of Hogwarts to rain down atrocities upon anyone unwanted by the new regime and he acted accordingly. Quirrell was DEEP undercover and did not become detected until the showdown at the Mirror... Any true spy, any truly reformed ex-Death Eater wanting to serve the light should have condoned himself like Quirrell did, maybe with a bit of grudge towards Potter, but not even in the least encouraging "Dark" behavior under his students, most likely not even tolerating it as it just endangered any chance at returning to the old ways in strength. The only judgment left is that Snape was delusional, he acted like a criminal and thought of himself as a saint and martyr.

Why should he of all people openly regret sending Potter to his death? Because of the eyes? Oh please, the only thing he did NOT heap on the lad was a direct cruciatus attack... yet Harry ALWAYS had those eyes. As for the protection, there we've got mixed signals... while he did try to unjinx his broom, it fits all the evidence, he also condemned Sirius to a gruesome death although that would have been TRUE protection for the boy, he never once took Malfoy aside and explained some of the truths of life to the dolt (namely that if Malfoy ever managed to bring Potter over the edge and force him to snap the hammer would come down on Draco, not Harry as in a situation of direct decision Dumbledore MUST favor the Gryffindor) which also would have counted as protection.

Nope, Snape is a cruel, sadistic man that has shared SOME of the goals of the opposition to Lord Voldemort and he got himself killed on the way to those goals. He is no hero, he is no saint and he competes with Riddle and Dursley for the "honor" of being the most vicious plague of Harry's life before the war ended in 1998... I never understood where Rowling got her worship for the foul git from, she wrote him pretty opposite to what picture he ended up presented with ("one of the most noble/braveheadmasters" pah, hogwash!)

Sorry, i don't know how to explain my one big grudge with your story in shorter words, if you accept JKR's idea than this is an excellent story, i just can't be happy with the conclusions you draw as i think i've got more to the point of Snape's character as he was written and the way he was supposed to work doesn't come close to that truth and the sad, pathetic, hate-driven person it showcased.
dayflow chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
oh this is beautiful. i love it so.
skrewtkeeper chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
That...was horrible. I think I often forget just how miserable of a life Severus lived, and Minerva's rejection of him was particularly difficult to read, especially with Snape asking himself, "Doesn't she *know* him?" After all the years that she has, it doesn't even seem to help. But it was absolutely true that if she believed, then it was a clear sign that everyone else would. :(

I also really like how you kept Snape so in-character. I loved how he couldn't stop being the spy, even when no one was watching. I also quite enjoyed his internal outbursts; I felt like I was really seeing him.

And now I kinda want to beg for a piece where Minerva figures him out after his death, but...you know. :D This was amazing even alone. Thanks for posting.

Skrewtkeeper
Sithtar chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
I was so happy to see something new from you. It made me cry (much of your writing does). This was wonderful, and so very sad.