Reviews for New York
VoicesOffCamera chapter 14 . 2/26
Oh my god. Another multi chapter done and I feel emotionally drained! This was just amazing! I keep thinking with each story that I finish that it just can't get any better and somehow you just keep exceeding expectations and delivering these absolutely IMMACULATE stories! I just can't get enough!

Okay, here we go with gushing about my favorite parts of this story. I love how the whole theme of this story comes back to Clint's past catching up with him. It was bound to happen eventually and the way that you did it was just so perfect! I love how it explains things that happened in other stories and fills in holes that I didn't even really realize needed to be filled it! This story gives so much more depth to this entire series as a whole! That fact alone is just so amazing and it's just blowing my mind!

And you SHOT PHIL?! Gah, just slay me why don't you? But it was just perfect! It was the perfect balance to the way that most other stories deal with Clint getting hurt, so this came out of no where and really sucker punched the audience, showing that Phil is not indestructible. And Clint's reaction to Phil getting shot... PERFECTION! The way he wouldn't take no for an answer, was willing to sacrifice anything to get Phil help... the way that he attacked the people who were trying to separate him from Phil, even attacked DAN... the way he just goes into shock... AH! Seriously, that was just too perfect. And I just love Natasha as well through this. She doesn't question him, just silently backs him up with every move he makes, no matter how out there it might seem. Her devotion to him really shines through this and I just love it!

Okay, but I just gotta gush about this one thing... I think what really got me about this story was the set up for the events of the Avengers movie. Because at first I was like "oh that's cool, I see how this is going to fit into that universe" but then it hits me like a freight train and I was like "OH GOD NO, PHIL IS GOING TO DIE!" The whole part where Phil is getting Clint to promise that he has to keep going even if Phil is every killed one day... holy crap that was so gut wrenching knowing what's to come! Seriously, I could barely get through that section, I kept tearing up and having to walk away from it before I just completely lost it! And looking at your timeline on your profile, it seems those events are only about a year away and I'm just... ACK! I'm almost afraid to read Untold Stories, I just know it's going to destroy me emotionally... but of course I'm a masochist so I'm going to read it anyway, haha!

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention DAN! OMG! I was so scared he was going to get fired and exiled or placed on the threat list or something. It's definitely a relief that it's not that bad but damnit if that's not heartbreaking that he is no longer allowed to be Clint's doctor! And I'm really curious how that's going to play out. Because I was hopeful that the new doctor might still be a good person... but you sure stamped that out at the end there! There's NO WAY Phil is going to trust Clint's LIFE in the hands of that cold hearted bitch, right? There has to be some way to work around her and still get to Dan if it's ever something serious... please?

So as per usual, I could go on for days about how much I loved this story, but I've gotta cap it somewhere! Going to read a few of the one shots before I finally move on to the much anticipated and yet slightly dreaded "The Untold Stories" installment! Until next time! *waves*
cedarlight chapter 7 . 8/24/2016
Haha, shaken and stirred. Great insert! I can just picture it. :)
WidowInBlack chapter 1 . 8/16/2016
Ok, I had to leave a second review just to get this story up to 1000 reviews because you so deserve it!

That sparring match between Phil and Clint just brought back so many old memories, some of them good some of them bad.

For an opening chapter this was so tense, I am so dreading what is about to come. If I know your writing at all it will be something big that I will love/hate at the same time.

I realise now the most of my reviews don't make much sense. I just wanna say I love your writing and the VPU. Can't wait till your next story update
WidowInBlack chapter 14 . 8/16/2016
WOW!
I think this goes down as the most frustrating story that I have ever read (in a good way) :)

At times I laughed and at times I got so frustrated my laptop keyboard stopped working for a few minutes. The writing quality in this story is of such a high standard.

As I mentioned in another review my mental image of Natasha changes a lot when I'm reading your stories. I'd really appreciate it if you could reply to one of my earlier reviews regarding her accent as it would really help me clear up my mental image of her.

That moment when Phil got the x drawn on his head and when Bryan had to tell the recruits that they were facing off Nat and Clint were my two favourite moments for completely different reasons.

I feel so bad for Wilson when he lost his infirmary position. It was so unfair, but hey, I am being completely biased just because Clint is one of the best things to ever happen to this earth.

I can't wait till your next multi-chapter story!
Guest chapter 6 . 6/14/2016
Awesome story! You are an amazing author! Keep writing, please!
LisaG16 chapter 14 . 5/6/2016
oh man...dan is leaving? nooooooooo! clint and the new dr are never going to get along...this does NOT bode well.

anyway, awesome story, as usual! :)
LoquaciousQuibbler chapter 14 . 5/4/2016
*sobs dramatically and adopts my best Tom Hanks Voice* WILSON! NO, WILSON, DON'T GO! PLEASE WILSON!
*ahem* apologies for going all Cast Away on you, but I couldn't help it. Thanks for putting my soul through a virtual shredder this story. I've been reading all your Vantage Point stories over the last couple of days (still working on it lol) but this is the first time I allowed myself to take a breath and review instead of just going on to the next chapter or story... You are seriously an amazing writer.
I absolutely love all the characters, how you write them, etc. I adore the relationship you've written for Nat and Clint. I love Dan (tell Kylen I love the personality and voice she gives to him, because he's so great) and Todd (one of the best parts is his undying hatred for the Yankees, and then I like also seeing him as a teacher) and Fury (does the teddy ever make another appearance?!) . And my heart gets put through a virtual shredder with Phil and Clint's relationship.
Seriously, Clint and Phil's whole conversation about Clint having to go on sometime without Phil is making me wince and tear my hair out, because it was so poignant... and I'm frankly really terrified to read the story that takes place during Avengers... *cringes in fear and anticipation of reading it*
Anyways, I hope that I still get to see Wilson in the next stories in the series (I'm with Clint; I want to take Webber down... can I get left with her alone in a dark alley with a baseball bat, thumbtacks, and a bottle of hand sanitizer?) , and everybody else, too. I love your stories, seriously. Your action scenes are super exciting, and the characters are so realistic and deep, the plots are so great (I'm in awe of how you've set up the entire Vantage Point universe, and I can scarcely believe you've written all of this out of order and are still keeping it all straight), and the humor... Oh, Norns, I love the humor so much lol. I keep wanting to write down some of the lines in your stories so I can use them sometime, but I'm too busy not being able to put my phone/laptop down to do it, so... yeah.
Okay, I'll stop ranting and fangirling about the stories and your writing :) Besides, I've got more fics to read ;P
Thank you for an amazing series so far, and I'll try to get myself to stop every once in a while and review more often as I read it :D
LisaG16 chapter 11 . 5/4/2016
ouchie ouch! i can totally relate to clint's back pain...reminds me of a severe spasm i had last year after a car accident. i could barely move.
LisaG16 chapter 9 . 5/3/2016
poor clint...he's so tortured. i'm glad he has people around him to help him through all this.

even though there was no kill order on mascov, as soon as shield finds out about his death, everyone that knows clint will know he did it. i'm sure fury already knows that's where he and natasha were going, so him not forbidding them to go anywhere but back home was a tacit approval for the hit. IMHO.
LisaG16 chapter 5 . 5/2/2016
what a mess! poor clint...poor phil...poor shield!

personally, i don't see anything wrong with dan overriding the initial triage conclusion with phil. first f all, initial determinations may be wrong and second, i would think that phil is a highly valued agent and they would naturally bend the rules a bit to try to save him.
LisaG16 chapter 2 . 5/1/2016
the scene with clint and his dad was sweet... i can just picture a little tow-headed boy frustrating the heck out of his father!
Jesuslovesmarina chapter 11 . 4/18/2016
Poor, poor Clint. And Dan is a human being, yay!
Jesuslovesmarina chapter 10 . 4/18/2016
Dan's ringtone-OMG. I love the plot twist of Phil talking over the phone (:
Red Raven Quarrells chapter 14 . 4/15/2016
I want to see how it goes with the new doctor that would be so meting to read
Marchonea chapter 14 . 4/8/2016
So so so fabulous as is the norm from you! I'm so sad that we'll be seeing less of Dan thoughhe was great!Fury TOTALLY has the teddygram in his secret safe. And cuddles it when he actually goes to bed. I will not be shaken in this mindset. And this new doctor seems like a total bitch, I'm 100% on side with Clint. All the little pieces lining up for Coulson's death are killing me... The promise from Clint to carry on, the family support network. Clint is going to be heartbroken and it will be heartbreaking because it's your work and I've come to expect a good serving of feels every time I settle down to read. You'll hear from me again as I continue to follow this chronologically, but until next time! *mocking salute*
1,002 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »