Reviews for Ukiyo
XXsweetXlillyXX chapter 6 . 3/21
This was the best fanfic I've ever read. This story was written so beautifully. I try to describe how gorgeous this story is I see there are no words. It brakes my heart to know that story has ended but as the same time feel so happy about how it ended. :')
Iseal chapter 6 . 1/29
I am honestly a much happier person because Arthur was able to live. I feel like in this case you made the right choice bringing him back. They deserved some happiness in their lives.

Thank you so much for writing this story,

Biff3r chapter 6 . 10/27/2014
You're right, this story would've been better with a tragic ending. You're a talented writer, and I have no doubts in my mind about that. And if you'd written a tragic ending, I'd also have no doubts that it would've been so vivid that the emotion the reader felt would've been quite the comparison to the characters in the story. But I'm glad you didn't write a tragic ending, after reading it, I'm sure I would've had a soaring heart that was high on emotions. But I would've felt unsatisfied... So I'm glad there was a happy ending, I can feel emotionally satisfied with the story, and I know that no matter what, the characters are happy! And that's more important to me than some authors might realize.
I'm more than appeased with your story, I'm a reader who was left feeling whole and happy, and that's rare in stories these days.
Kyra chapter 6 . 8/29/2014
Oh myg o d
That was simply beautiful.
Thank you.
zazial chapter 6 . 6/17/2014
Absolutely beautiful story!
Guest chapter 6 . 5/28/2014
great story and thank you for givning them the happy ending. :D
DevilChild101 chapter 6 . 5/6/2014
TT_TT I love it
Thefreakoutsideyourwindow chapter 6 . 4/24/2014
I am so glad this had a happy ending! I could tell from the foreshadowing in all of the chapters that it pointed towards a tragedy, but THANK YOU for making it work as an author- they deserved the happy ending after all ;D This fic often left a lump in my throat and made me want to cry as I read through it, and it honestly couldn't have been more beautifully written. The plot, along with character development and subtle hints is amazing. Thanks for not leaving me in a bawling mess weeping for their lost love! All the best.:)
OutToGarden chapter 6 . 4/4/2014
I can definitely say that this is the most atmospheric fic I have ever read. You did a gorgeous job with the descriptions of Japan and the trees and the clothing and just everything. I also really loved all of the historical/mythological notes. I am super thankful that you are a happy endings kind of person because I would have been very unhappy if this was a tragedy. Arthur and Alfred are just too precious to make unhappy
Fire Bear1 chapter 6 . 3/12/2014
I think your ending is fine - not everything needs to end in tragedy for it to be realistic, after all.

However, I'm mostly reviewing cause I have a question (because I'm stingy on my reviewing): Who was the person that Arthur met that "looked so much like him he knew they must have had the same parents, but how could he ever know for sure"? Cause, see, I figured the story wouldn't end in a second tragedy - fan fiction writers aren't THAT cruel. So I thought that something weird/magical had happened and Arthur was meeting someone who was actually just him and Alfred would meet him, etc. etc. (The actual ending is way better, though.) But... you never explained that in the story or the notes.
Elleth of Hidden Lore chapter 6 . 1/24/2014
If you could see me now you might laugh or think I'm crazy, but this has made me so happy! I was terrified and found myself holding my breath or close to hyperventilating when I thought things would go horribly wrong, but oh God! This is just magnificent! The way you built up the plot and brought it to such a powerful climax made reading this a great experience. I cannot praise you or your story enough. I simply love it
Elleth of Hidden Lore chapter 3 . 1/19/2014
Wow, I'm in love with this chapter. It made my heart flutter so much! Alfred's words to Arthur before and after the kiss just took my breath away. I love this fic so much! It is so interesting and unique! I also enjoy the historical notes a lot.
Elleth of Hidden Lore chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
This is very interesting. I have never read anything like it and I am really loving it, even if I'm only in the first chapter. I love the description and the structure, it's very nice.
Zeplerfer chapter 6 . 1/6/2014
Wow, this was quite a stunning and beautiful story. Plus, you did a great job of foreshadowing. I initially thought that Arthur was trapped in a dream because the first chapters felt unreal. It's a common hallmark of dreams that you don't remember how you got there. And I loved how you worked in the whole backstory, it gave the fic and their love story a lot of depth.

You don't need to apologize for giving us a happy ending! I'm not sure why sad stories are considered more literary than happy ones, but the characters still had the same development of facing their own death (Arthur) and the loss of a loved one (Alfred). So the happiness of the ending itself doesn't change any of the emotions they left (and we felt by proxy) leading up to that moment. Plus they had so much sadness before that, a happy ending is necessary to balance the scales :)

I'm sad to say that it was actually the *title* of this story that put me off from reading it. I know I shouldn't judge a story by its title, but the random Japanese word just wasn't doing anything for me. I think you might get more readers if you put an English subtitle. Just a thought.
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 5 . 12/8/2013
Ahhhh... I thought this was weird!
I was asking myself just what the hell Arthur was doing here in Japan on OFFICIAL BUSINESS with the friggin Navy and then just randomly goes to... Iunno, find, meet, interrogate, whatever, someone he had 'never met before' way back in the first chapter. But the purpose never revealed itself, so I waited for it - and it never came. Now I see why.
Admittedly, the uniform sailed right over my head, but it's a nice touch. Adds a bit of realism. To an unrealistic story, see how much sense I make.
Kiku's badass! Yay!