Reviews for If We Ever
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
Hey there! Just a brief disclaimer that I'm going into this one completely fandom blind. :)

I'm always a major sucker for hurt/comfort fics that are heavy on the hurt (what can I say, it's a disease, I swear), so this was very interesting. I liked seeing the way that Miho's character developed throughout the entire piece. Very well done, and it worked at such a pace that I was able to get a really good idea of who her character was, and it made me care about her as we see her situation evolve throughout the course of the story.

"...onmyouji-specific ones.)" I think you either forgot the opening parentheses here, or accidentally added a closing without meaning to. The use of parentheses in stories to this extent isn't something that I see very often, and you might want to consider toning it down a bit. I had difficulties with it because when you had more than one comment in parentheses in a sentence, it brought me out of the flow of the entire sentence, and that made the logic a bit hard to follow. But this is just one person's suggestion. :)

I don't know about eithe rof the fandoms, but I felt like the crossover seemed to work quite well. The fandoms themselves don't make sense to me, but that is partially the blindness. That being said, I felt like there definitely wasn't an obvious feeling of a split between anything, so really well done there. I was also extremely impressed with the amount of research that you performed.

Good story telling, that works very well throughout the fic. And, like I said, good character development as well. Interesting oneshot. Nicely done!

Cheers, dearie!
Ziven chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
UGUUUUUUUU

This story was kick-ass, and although I feel bad that I wasn't able to review before voting, I'm more than happy to get to it anyway. I love-love-love this story! This crossover worked flawlessly. I'm not the biggest fan of X/1999 or TB universe, but I LOVE CLAMP and I knew enough about it to follow along. Your notes were very helpful in bridging gaps.

I love the idea of Miho being the main character perspective, and you used her to your advantage here.

More than anything, this is headcanon that I'm totes willing to accept. This story was engaging from beginning to end. I do wish that there was a bit more Honda in it, but as a standalone piece this was really awesome.
OxEyed chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
Ahaha WOW. Kudos for doing a crossover (and in such a way where I actually felt like I understood what was going on most of the time). This weaved so seamlessly with canon events that I don't think I'll be able to watch Season Zero the same way again.

The amount of research that must go into this kind of story is insane-either you're exceptionally disciplined or you have a ton of free time. (Or both?) Either way it's impressive.

As for the story itself-I love the way you created the characters, especially Miho, who acted consistently with canon while also surpassing her cartoonish personality. And even though I don't know anything about Tokyo Babylon, I have a feeling that if I looked it up, I'd be able to tell immediately who Subaru was based on your characterization. Great job!
MMF chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Linaaaa, this was greaaat! :D TB/X crossover is pretty much everything I could have asked for, so I had a big giddy grin reading this. I like your interpretation of Miho (the detail in her different excuses to her friends was probably my favorite part of the story) and I really like the way you present the spirits of the Ring and Puzzle through an onmyouji's view. Your research throughout was very impressive and lent a very authentic feel to the story. It was a great read! Only typo I could find ("Tiny and puny as the tings surrounding them on the game board" - do you mean 'things'?).

So! :D I thought this was super creative and very well done. It'd have my vote if I could give one! xD Great work! Keep it up! :D

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
*squeals* Tokyo Babylon is one of my all time favourites, and the way you merged those two worlds is amazing. And the amount of research that must have gone into this... I'm definitely coming back and reading this again. Miho's characterisation was amazing; you really showed a growth from the more frivolous anime!Miho, and Subaru's Subaru. :) There's never much (or too much) to say about that. And I'm so glad you brought Lady Sumeragi out so strongly in certain scenes. That's something I miss in tb/x fanfiction.

I would suggest explaining the Sakurazukamori's role a little more clearly though; I imagine to a person fandom blind to tb/x it would appear as though the Sakurazukamori's the bad guy, particularly when you describe the Sumeragi clan as the good guys, when it's not as black and white as that. A subtle point, but I think it changes the interpretation of Miho's and Subaru's meeting towards the end.