Reviews for Somewhere out there
I loved your stalking series, and I love this maybe impossibly more, and it's such an enjoyable read and it kind of breaks my heart that Zuko and his mum have been left here not-finding each other - so if you carry it on, you have one very devoted reader here!
KnightOwl247 chapter 6 . 4/11
ohhh noooo I need my happy ending! the huge reunion with the dramatic music in the background and plenty of tears...please update again when you can!
Please do not abandon this story.
Celebel chapter 6 . 2/2
I like your story better than the official comics! Your Ursa in particular is so much better and her story makes much more sense. The other characters feel very true to their cartoon depiction as well. A pity that Azula isn't along for the ride, but she couldn't have gone to Ba Sing Se with them. Maybe she'll manage to pop up somewhere along the way, though? She is a genius, even if a troubled one, after all.
pansymoomalfoy32 chapter 6 . 12/23/2016
Devastated that there isn't more. This is a wonderful, character rich, story that is JUST RIGHT. You should take over and write the comics, this is what canon should be.
Asters chapter 6 . 11/28/2016
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
Yorushike chapter 6 . 8/26/2016
Hi,
wohoooo. You updated not only once, but twice in just a few weeks! I LOVE it when teachers have summer holidays :). (You wrote you are a teacher,so I'm just guessing you have/had summer holidays...) Especially chapter 6 was a true joy to read and I'm so happy that you didn't let this first lead turn into nothingness. I look foreward to seeing what will happen once they reach Ba Sing Se. Queen Song will probably have the shock of her life.
Toph's point of view was REALLY well done!
Hope you have time to write another chapter soon!
Greetings Yorushike
Redbookbluebook chapter 6 . 8/23/2016
I absolutely loved this chapter! The talk with the cabbage merchant was hilarious and it was so awesome that the connection between Ursa and Toph was finally revealed. I liked Zuko and Toph's little chat, and seeing Toph and her mother connect was so sweet. Thanks for updating; I look forward to the next chapter!
Kimberly T chapter 6 . 8/21/2016
This chapter was a real joy to read, and Toph's POV was perfect for it!
One of the best tidbits for me was the way Toph gained a new appreciation for the descriptive phrase "beside himself". It's a description people use from time to time in tale-telling, but this is the first time I've read what it really means. And I can just picture Zuko doing all of that at once!
Ah, Miss Bossyboots is back! AND Zuko pointedly decided against dropping everything to find Azula! Both are aspects of this story that I was hoping to see. I wonder what Ming will say to Azula when she finally finds her and drags her back; guess we'll find out in a later chapter.

I can't help thinking that Aang smiled or at least half-smiled while steering Appa, when he heard Toph pulling her usual blind jokes on Ty Lee; that's surely a sign of the stubborn earthbender's acceptance of Ty Lee as a member of the Gaang.

"Spirits on a biscuit"? Is that the ATLA version of "Christ on a cracker"? (I always thought that phrase had something to do with Communion wafers.) And then the whole awkwardness about what to do with someone who's fainted made me smile. Followed by the Big Revelation... and Toph had just the right mix of astonishment and unreasonable-but-still-occurring guilt once the news sunk in. ...Actually, maybe a bit of that guilt is warranted after all. Not for having no idea that her nanny was Fire Nation royalty, because of course Ursa wouldn't have told anyone, but for not even knowing what name she'd assumed in her exile. Both Toph and her mother only called her Nanny Four? Really? Wow, that IS elitist.

"Zuko's plans often involved a great deal of working out the details later." TRUTH!

Zuko and Katara found a hairpin with one very long dark strand still clinging to it. Hmmm, that could come in handy, if they happened to know somebody who was in the business of tracking people by scent... say, for instance, some shirshu-riding bounty hunter that happens to have the Fire Lord's reasonably-friendly-and-civil-for-an-ex-girlfriend for an associate...

The cabbage merchant's here! And with 22 cabbages sold, for once he comes out of the encounter BETTER instead of worse for meeting them! :-D But yeah, I can't blame Zuko a bit for wanting a bottle of brain bleach after what he heard the guy say about his mom. So of course Toph has to needle him about it...
/"My digestion is already amazing!" Zuko snapped loudly./
I just KNOW that was said during a momentary lull in all the other conversations around them, and it got everyone to turn and stare sidelong at Zuko, wondering how -that- had come up in conversation and did they really want to know the particulars... X-D

And to top it all off, Toph finally worked up the guts to reconcile with her mother. Bravo!

I believe we'll have Ursa/Ummi's POV in the next chapter. But after that, could we perhaps have Ty Lee's views on everything? I don't think any of your stories have portrayed a scene from her thoughts & feelings yet.
Thanks again for sharing this with us!
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
Yay! Another update! I was going to review your previous one, dear, "when the weekend came". I can't remember if that has happened? My past 2 weeks have blurred together...

When Poppy first fainted, I was like, shouldn't Katara check her heart rate and vitals, and rule out that she didn't hit her head and bleed into her brain or something... and then I realized, that as a waterbender, she could just FEEL that. And I blew my own mind with that realization.

Anyways, yay! I think I told you in the past that I don't accept the comic canon, and have substituted this story instead as my reality? I understand you're super busy, so I'm so happy and grateful that you found the time to tell your awesome readers what REALLY happened to Princess Ursa.

And, AAAHHHH, I had been waiting since Spoonful of Sugar to have Zuko and Toph find out about Ursa being Toph's old nanny, and you didn't disappoint! Holy gingersnaps.

I love how your voice changes with the "narrator". Like, how when the cabbage merchant blabbed, the narration became more stream of consciousness-y? And of COURSE, Ozai would be horrible in the sack. He'd likely be a selfish dick. Poor Ursa. (I guess I'd forgive canon!Ursa a bit... It's not her fault she got stool-induced encephalopathic writers.)
Poor Zuko chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
Very good story so far. The only criticism I would make is that by establishing that Ozai has a small penis, combined with your assumption that it means he was bad in bed, you probably doomed Zuko (and Katara) future sex life. Remember that things like penis size are inheritable traits.
AMF chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
Yay another chapter. I just reread the Stalking Zuko series (again) in my summer vacation, I am so ready to read more in that universe! Thank you for continuing this story. Your story is a much more plausible explanation for Ursas whereabouts than the comics. And a billion times more funny!
endlessdesk chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
Oh my God. You updated again. This makes me so happy. I thought that this story had been abandoned... So when you posted the last chapter, it inspired me to reread the entire (epic) stalking zuko series, so I can refresh your headcannons.

I'm so happy and thankful, I really like your stories and I hope you continue to tell them.
kimsheeran chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
I'm so excited for when they find Ursa! Oh and I love the way you depict Poppy :)
Kimberly T chapter 5 . 8/13/2016
It was wonderful to find an update to this story waiting in my inbox! It was like opening the front door to find a box of chocolates on the doorstep; your stories never cease to delight me!

So 'Ummi' is creeping slowly closer to her old identity, one tiny clue and one fragment of memory at a time. I wonder, will she remember her old life as Ursa first or will she be found by someone from the Gaang first?

Just as Ummi herself did, I found Lian was a little easier to like in this chapter. Perhaps she'll decide to make a new life for herself at the Northern Air Temple, and learn to enjoy hang-gliding as a hobby.