Reviews for Rings
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I particularly liked the descriptive nature of this story. The way she watches him through the mirror is definitely my favorite part. The fact this was the focus of it, added an extra bonus of intimacy, sexually charged tone.
Also liked duality of the second part in comparison to the first. They were both intimate in their own way. The first, just the two of them. The second, a more family moment that, even if not as Booth had planned, turned out to be an amazing way to explore their love in the midst of others.
Of course, way she found the ring seemed the perfect epilogue. This game me the feeling of intimacy, family, love and familiarity in regards to their relationship.
SamBrace chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
I loved your take on this prompt I only haven't read 1 of them which I will be in a moment. I spotted all the rings that were in this as well ;-)
delia84 chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I've read this twice, and I can't remember if I left you a comment on Bonesology ... regardless, happy to read it again and leave you a proper review here. (Your review on my challenge response reminded me, so thank you!)

For starters, I love the Brennan POV. You wrote it so well, and it sounds just like her. The descriptions especially strike me as very Brennan-ish, as does the sentence structure. (I don't really know how to explain that, but it simply sounds like Brennan. I loved the "I don't even care about the double negative" line - so very Brennan!) Her casual "I wonder if Booth will propose this weekend. It would be very like him to do so while we are alone ..." helped me realize how much it sounds like her — rational, clear thoughts, normal observations, but also this hint of "I wonder." Very nicely done.

I love that their weekend isn't what they expected or anticipated. Hey, that's just their style — why should they be surprised? I also love that Brennan is OK with it first, and how that's a further indication of how she's grown over the years. (How would she have responded to this years ago — all those children in her place? While it's clear she loves her nieces and Parker, who knows how a weekend like that would have gone ...)

Brennan's unexpected sting of nostalgia over Emma's pancakes is a sweet touch. Again, I think it just shows how much Brennan has grown — being able to admit (and even notice!) things like the sting of a niece getting older. And another touch of nostalgia (in a different way) with the circus — what a fun harkening back to the Buck and Wanda days!

All of this is lovely (I don't think it's silly at all!), and I think my favorite part is this right here: "All combined to bring a peace too long denied. The rest could wait." Good gracious, amen. This is exactly what they've been after all these years, and you nailed it in a paragraph of four sentences. Beautiful!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Hi - loved this - I can seriously imagine Booth loving a house full of kids and also loved the fact that he has invited the Hodgins family to visit - It sounded/felt as though Brennan was surprised at how much she likes more kids about too. it was a great story and loved the beginning, the intimacy between them was described perfectly - I could see what I read! - there were a number of rings in your story and I think I got them all - was a little surprised about her changed ring tome in that she didn't freak out a little as "he who shall not be named" did that to them didn't he? Yes you have pushed the parameters of the "rules" for the story but personally I think it needed every word here I would love a sequel - reaction to the ring and a few heartfelt words / intimacy? I'd also love to hear more about the cookout and how it went I'm sure Angela would have a few well observed comments to make.
Jenny
maneu chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
More than 2.000 words? Fine with me. Appreciate every word you write! Brennan's POV, the different than planned weekend - perfectly them - nothing ever happens the usual way. Loved it.
givesup chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
This was amazing in every single way. So creative and full of thought and just wonderfully written. Great job.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
great story and Brennans point of view, thanks for that
rightfromthebeginning chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Absolutely loved it! :-) Very sweet.
JBCFlyers19 chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Awesome, and so perfectly them... Great story!
geraghtyvl chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Very sweet! Loved it!
Space-Case7029 chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Great story. Very cute. Enjoyed it very much, love them having all the kids. Different way for him to propose. Audra
ImaTVJunkie chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
God I loved this.. so lush and full of moments and feelings. Loved it.
Gabriela chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I loved it! You write so well, I love all of your stories you're amazing! I hope maybe there's a sequel?
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 9/21/2013