Reviews for The Windmill Turns Both Ways
bakapervert chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Looks interesting.
Igor chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Interesting idea, for once Naruto goes back to the future!
...yeah, I know, terrible pun.
I hope you'll write more soon.
As for the older Naruto, I'm looking forward to a possible encounter between the two.
adamrpg chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Older Naruto, around in his time or not? Hmm... well, if he is around, then that means there are now two versions of Kyuubi around, no? A past and present one. But I assume the one in past Naruto is severely weakened still. Now, I like this story. Haven't seen a concept like this before. Canon Naruto being brought to the near-future, also canon, thereby making a non-canon fic. Love it.

So a weakened Kyuubi provides weakened help. And chakra control is still messed up for Naruto? I wonder why, but it could be related to the present Naruto existing. Chakra could have something to do with the soul, neh? If present Naruto is here, Obito need not go for him to get the Kyuubi. But then again... So, young Naruto is going to face the Fourth Great Shinobi War. Will he be a soldier? Probably not. Ah, it'd be simpler if the Kyuubi wasn't in him at all, then he could just be a generic soldier...

If present Naruto doesn't exist right now in this time, then... Young Naruto is going to either 1) Be trained, or 2) be hidden. If the first option is true, then I expect Kage Bunshin abuse that's actually legitimate. More legitimate than I've ever seen it, really. If it's the second, then, well, the war's gunna be a lot worse than it already is without Naruto. If it's both.. then, well, I could see that 'Mission to Lightning country' being done by young Naruto, though... then again, he isn't strong enough to gain control of the Kyuubi himself. He would have to -reason- with it, -partner- with it like Killer Bee.

One issue I have is this: Naruto's chakra reserves. Are you going away from canon with this? At about halfway full reserves, you had Naruto think he can 'make a few Kage Bunshin,' and maybe pull off a single Rasengan. Now, let's assume the Rasengan takes about as much chakra as the Chidori. Sasuke can pull off two when he's young. Naruto has the same reserves as Sasuke? Another point: Naruto made hundreds of Kage Bunshin when he first learned it. This was BEFORE -ANY- chakra control training, which most likely lead to plenty of control increase. Not to mention, the Rasengan is a control exercise in of itself. Then there's Kakashi who, at one point, states that Naruto's chakra is way above his own. (The 'way' may or may not have been verbatim, could've been my own opinion). Then there's the fact that Naruto could train with the Rasengan for nearly all day while trying to master it; it implies the ability to use it at least fifty times (a more conservative estimate is twenty five, or thirty) before becoming exhausted.

So, uhm. Sure, his control his messed up. But I'd prefer either a good explanation or a rethink of your decision! It's not that I want Naruto to be a powerhouse or be able to god-mode; but really, with what canon gave Naruto (Kage Bunshin and huge reserves), combined with the realism that is only produced in fanfiction, he does have a good few options. Maybe not in chakra control, though. Just a theory of mine, but he can't use Kage Bunshin to properly master chakra control exercises, because each Bunshin has so much less chakra than Naruto to control; so it renders the exercise nearly moot.

Sorry for the ramble! Good luck, I'll be following this story.
The Scrap chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I must admit you had me at first chapter word count and time travel.
Then I get a good quality story on top of that.
And THEN I see him sent to the future instead of the usual past? You sly dog you.

As for older Naruto, if this is same universe where he vanished he shouldn't be there but as it is implied an older Naruto still existed after young Naruto's disappearance, then I would say this is parallel universe hopping plus time travel. In other words, cannon is your bitch now.
Keep up the good work and make this story shine.
daydreamer1008 chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I honestly love your story. The amount of effort you put in clearly shows in your writing and I truly appreciate that. I enjoyed reading this and I can't wait for the next installment! And I would love to see the older Naruto interact with his younger counterpart. That would be very interesting to see. Anyway, keep up the excellent work and have a wonderful day my friend!
770 | « Prev Page 1 .. 42 49 50 51 52